Best clearomizer for frequent flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
Hello fellow vapers and greetings from Eastern Europe!

I've just been introduced to vaping by a friend. I wasn't a smoker "per se", 4-5 pipes a year don't count. But when I found an alternative that allows me to enjoy different flavors in both smell and taste, without the nicotine and the ugly "after smell" (wifey hates cig smell!) I got subdued almost instantly... Because I like the clouds, and sometimes people annoy me quite a lot so I need to blow off some steam. And now I have plenty of it - steam - to blow off!

For the moment I'm using a cheap combo (GS H5 clearo + 20 W iStick) but there's aKanger subox on its way from China. Sorry for them but the local shops are TWICE as expensive. :( My main problem, though, is as follows:

I am a frequent flyer. This means every week a different country, quite often 2 flights (sometimes 3) to the final destination. This means 1-2 decompression/recompression cycles per journey, which means a potential mess with the clearo. I noticed at a colleague from Greece that the Kanger Mini has an adjustable air flow, allowing also a full closuer of the air intake. Watching some videos featuring the newest Subtank Mini - and the Subox combo - I have noticed that the new versions no longer allow complete closure of the air intake. So, what would be a nice tank that allows its owner to close the air flow completely to prevent leakages at pressure differences of up to 250 mbar (1/4 the air pressure at sea level)? Or is there some way to seal a clearomizer to avoid such "shows"?

Many thanks in advance!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree totally with Susan's suggestions. :thumb:

I don't fly, but I do go through the extreme temperature variations known to cause tank leaking. I must say that I don't experience any tank leaking with my Kayfun Lite Plus (a rebuildable tank atomizer), but you'll have to learn to build your own wicks/coils if you choose to go this route.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hello fellow vapers and greetings from Eastern Europe!

I've just been introduced to vaping by a friend. I wasn't a smoker "per se", 4-5 pipes a year don't count. But when I found an alternative that allows me to enjoy different flavors in both smell and taste, without the nicotine and the ugly "after smell" (wifey hates cig smell!) I got subdued almost instantly... Because I like the clouds, and sometimes people annoy me quite a lot so I need to blow off some steam. And now I have plenty of it - steam - to blow off!

For the moment I'm using a cheap combo (GS H5 clearo + 20 W iStick) but there's aKanger Subox on its way from China. Sorry for them but the local shops are TWICE as expensive. :( My main problem, though, is as follows:

I am a frequent flyer. This means every week a different country, quite often 2 flights (sometimes 3) to the final destination. This means 1-2 decompression/recompression cycles per journey, which means a potential mess with the clearo. I noticed at a colleague from Greece that the Kanger Mini has an adjustable air flow, allowing also a full closuer of the air intake. Watching some videos featuring the newest Subtank Mini - and the Subox combo - I have noticed that the new versions no longer allow complete closure of the air intake. So, what would be a nice tank that allows its owner to close the air flow completely to prevent leakages at pressure differences of up to 250 mbar (1/4 the air pressure at sea level)? Or is there some way to seal a clearomizer to avoid such "shows"?

Many thanks in advance!
One insanely simple solution, is to store the atomizers UPSIDOWN while in flight. Most planes are pressurized cabin wide, so any pressure changes will be minimal. Owning a Subtank mini and nano, I know that even with the air fully closed, it is not an airtight seal. The air resistance of a fully closed Subtank reminds me of the old CE4's... a mouth to lung inhale. There is no rubber gasket keeping the air from getting to the air chamber. So, even fully closed, it wouldn't solve any air pressure issues.

However, if you store the tank upsidown, where the drip tip is facing downward, the juice will not be sucked in and out of the wick from the tank.. the juice will reside by the drip tip. If there was a pressure change, it would just be moving air into and out of the wick, while the rubber o-rings will keep it in the tank. This is true for most bottom coil designs.

I hope that helps some.

Donso

May 22, 2015
PANAMA
Hi @ave , I saw a youtube video of a frequent flyer that showed her technique how to vape on flights without getting advised to stop , cause nowbody noticed it:
The lady inhales the vape and then takes a yhick handkerchief or any other fiber (cotton whool, skirt) and exhales to it. So the vape stayed in the cloth. another way to vape undervover is that one: inhale and wait some seconds... then exhale and there is no vape coming out of your mouth. Well I think its too mucho concentration, haha.
I think I would forget it after 2 or three vapes and blow a huge vape cloud sitting in a plain, haha and receive a big fine...
But there is a 3rd solution:
the company JAC Vapour in UK sells liquid that doesn´t produce vape at all.
I saw it on a review video, it works. If you vape it normally, you get vape. But if you only keep the vape "ONE SECOND" in your loungs and exhale, there is no vape. I wished I could get it, as I live in Panama and here vape is forbidden ... so I coulde vape everywhere :) It makes me so angry that I have to vape so descreet in oublic places...

Many greetings and I wish you always good vape ! :vapor:

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
Fair enough. I just landed after the first leg of my trip home (now I have 5 hours to wait in Athens, GR, brrr...) and it didn't leak a drop. Stored "bottom up" in the leaflets pocket. Funny thing at the security check the Greek agents wanted to see what's in my glasses box. I guess it's because I put it as a separate item in the tray, since it was in one of the many large pockets of my tactical pants. :D

As for vaping on board, it's not a must since I am not addicted to either the nicotine or the gesture. Besides, I understand people's - and especially crew members' - concerns when they see white clouds in the cabin, and it doesn't make absolutely any sense to me to "duck and dive" just to enjoy 2-3 vapes in a few hours time...

So I guess I'll stick to my Subox for now (when it arrives) and store it bottom up, without taking the atomizer off the mod. Thanks to all who replied and shared their opinions and advice! :)

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Does this imply that you can use your Kayfun in flight? None of the European airlines allows e-cigs on board...
My bad. Before and after the flight, in the airports (stealth-ing).

Personally, I wouldn't dare to vape in the toilet on the plane either. I'm afraid I have to resort to a nicotine patch for long haul.

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
I'm really sorry for all of you nicotine addicts out there. :(

And you're correct, they have smoke detectors everywhere on board - toilets included. All airlines I've flown (all EU national and some regional airlines - save Iberia) clearly state that "Electronic cigarettes are also not permitted". Hence my initial question. :)

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread