Best Clearomizer to get for the eGo-T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
I'm pretty new to all of this, so I will just ask everyone - I currently have a CE4 clearomizer for my eGo-T battery.

I want a clearomizer that has an atomizer that is easily accessed, cleaned, and/or replaced without tossing out the entire clearomizer. Does that describe the CE5 or is there something better in a similar price range?

Question 2 - which clearomizer (if any) produces the most vapor in general?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

MikeG

(off to bed, will check replies in the morning).......

dring219

Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Knoxville , Tennessee USA
kanger pro tank or kanger t2's or t3's IMO also vivi novas

I like the ViVi Novas myself , havent tried the Kanger models. The ViVi is either a replacable coil head for about 2 bucks or rebuildable too according to PBusardo on YouTube . Havent had to change my coil since i got mine . Had it for about a week now .

Donnie
Knoxville, TN USA

Ralence

Aug 10, 2013
New London CT USA
I've personally found the T2's the easiest to clean for me because of the short wick, and it being bottom coil. You can pop out the middle post and expose the coil, which makes it fairly simple. I have no experience with the protank, so this is just vs. CE4/CE5 and Vivi Novas.

Just my .02

Phil

Edit: Meant T3, thanks for the catch Zevyn!

Last edited:

Zevyn

Aug 6, 2013
FL
I've personally found the T2's the easiest to clean for me because of the short wick, and it being bottom coil. You can pop out the middle post and expose the coil, which makes it fairly simple. I have no experience with the protank, so this is just vs. CE4/CE5 and Vivi Novas.

Just my .02

Phil

The T2 is top coil. Unless you meant to say T3.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
It really depends what you like. If you like the warmer vape that the CE4 is giving you, then yes, the CE5 is going to be very similar. As you said, you can dismantle it and clean it thoroughly.
The Vivi nova and iclear 30 will give a similar vape too as it's top coil. I think they are a step up from the CE5's (I own and use both)

As others have mentioned, the protank (and it's sibling the EVOD) is another option. They are bottom coil and will give a slightly cooler vape - but they do have better juice feeding as the wicks are almost always totally submerged in your juice. They do tend to be airier than a CE4 though, so be prepared for that. You can make the draw less airy if you want to - there are ways to do it.

There are other methods of juice delivery too like cartos and carto tanks as well as regular atomizers for dripping.

Until you try them, it's hard to decide what you like - so in this case all I can recommend is you maybe pick up an EVOD or a T3S from Kanger and see if you like the airier cooler vape and then maybe make a decision if you should go with a protank or a vivi nova from there.

Either way, there is nothing wrong with an EVOD. I have, I don't know exactly, maybe 10 of them in various places and they are a great vapor producer and give reasonable flavor.

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Gang,

Wow, thanks for all of the replies. I have a lot to process but there seems to be one or two names that keep popping up - Protank, etc.

My main concern is the quality/accessibility of the atomizer. I am a tinkerer by nature, and if I don't like the idea of disposable parts. It just seems wasteful to chunk the entire tank assembly just because the atomizer is shot.

Beyond that, I want something that produces a lot of vapor - tons of vapor. I know the liquid plays a part in this, but I see a few names pop up when it comes to atomizers/clearomizers/etc.

Thanks to you kind folks, the next time I walk into the vaporizer shop, I'll be well-equipped with knowledge. :)

I'm still enjoying my CE4, but I sometimes think it doesn't produce enough vapor. It's almost brand new and hasn't been used much, so it shouldn't be gunked-up yet. Even still, I did clean it with distilled water using a method I found here on this site. I don't notice much, if any, improvement after the cleaning.

Best regards,

MikeG

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Hi Gang,

Wow, thanks for all of the replies. I have a lot to process but there seems to be one or two names that keep popping up - Protank, etc.

My main concern is the quality/accessibility of the atomizer. I am a tinkerer by nature, and if I don't like the idea of disposable parts. It just seems wasteful to chunk the entire tank assembly just because the atomizer is shot.

Beyond that, I want something that produces a lot of vapor - tons of vapor. I know the liquid plays a part in this, but I see a few names pop up when it comes to atomizers/clearomizers/etc.

Thanks to you kind folks, the next time I walk into the vaporizer shop, I'll be well-equipped with knowledge. :)

I'm still enjoying my CE4, but I sometimes think it doesn't produce enough vapor. It's almost brand new and hasn't been used much, so it shouldn't be gunked-up yet. Even still, I did clean it with distilled water using a method I found here on this site. I don't notice much, if any, improvement after the cleaning.

Best regards,

MikeG

Hey Mike,
Pretty much all the recommendations that you've been given for different clearomizers have replacement heads available for purchase. As you said you are a tinkerer, you can also buy wire and wick and easily rebuild the heads too. That's the path I went down a while ago. It's frustrating at first but fun and easy. There are some good youtube videos on how to do this when you are ready to go down this path.

Just make sure you have a way to test the resistance of the head you just rebuilt, and a way to check for hard shorts - before you screw it on a battery.

The CE4 is a basic disposable clearo - you can try running hot water through it, soak it in alcohol for a few hours to get it cleaned. I've got them to last a few weeks with major TLC. But ultimately they are disposable and performance will fall off to the point where you have to replace the whole clearo and not just the head.

All the rest, CE5, EVOD, Protank, Vivi nova, iClear etc. etc. have just the atomizer heads available so you don't have to throw the clearo away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread