best clove concentrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Ok I did a search here for clove and it just came up with tons of posts that didnt answer my question, and most likely this has been answered and i missed it trying to sort through the mess..so please forgive the re-ask.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which concentrated flavor vendors have the best clove? looking for the numbing effect, not just flavor. I want to get my sister into ecigs but she is a clove smoker so i know i'm gonna need to be able to make her a good clove juice to get her started! Not interested in premade juices, looking to make it myself for her.

ByStander1

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
West Virginia
Ok I did a search here for clove and it just came up with tons of posts that didnt answer my question, and most likely this has been answered and i missed it trying to sort through the mess..so please forgive the re-ask.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which concentrated flavor vendors have the best clove? looking for the numbing effect, not just flavor. I want to get my sister into ecigs but she is a clove smoker so i know i'm gonna need to be able to make her a good clove juice to get her started! Not interested in premade juices, looking to make it myself for her.

TPA's Clove is the only one I have right now, so no comparisons. I have only briefly used it for testing, but I know the potential is there. I used to smoke clove cigs occasionally, so know what I'm looking for. The clove flavor alone won't get it there -- will need to be tobacco mix or something -- but that's all the info I can offer. TPA's has the potential -- spot on clove flavor.

Hope this helps!

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Does anyone have any suggestions on which concentrated flavor vendors have the best clove? looking for the numbing effect, not just flavor.

The best clove I've found is (believe it or not) LorAnn's. It's clove essential oil, though, so if you don't use oils then this isn't for you. It's extremely good, pure, and very potent (very strong at 1/2%).

It doesn't however, cause that numbing effect. I've yet to find anything that does.

ManicMaurice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
My House
www.manicmaurice.com
It doesn't however, cause that numbing effect. I've yet to find anything that does.

Anise oil is the primary cause of the numbing effect of Djarum Clove Cigarettes.

Both Cloves and Anise contain eugenol which is a numbing agent, but clove cigarettes typically only contain cracked cloves which do not contain enough eugenol to cause numbing. Concentrated Anise oil/flavoring is added to the tobacco and this is the primary ingredient responsible for the numbing because in it's concentrated form the anise contains more than enough eugenol to numb the throat and mouth.

Djarum Blacks are a blend of Clove, Anise, Tobacco, and the filter paper is dipped in sugar water during manufacturing.

Should start you on the right path ...

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
My wife and I vape an odd homeade mixture that doesn't exactly mimic clove analogs, but it is good. I put about 10 whole cloves in a bottle of Ruyan #1, let it sit for weeks. We mix it 50/50 with French Vanilla from vapor bomb. Very little tobacco taste, the clove flavor is strong, tamed and sweetened by the vanilla. A friend and former clove smoker tried it, and liked it. He was not willing to give up analogs for ecigs, but is now willing to consider it. He's tried other ecig flavors, says this is the only one he's tried so far that "does it" for him.

I've ordered some vanilla clove from Vapors Etc. We'll see how that compares to my home made mixture.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Thanks all for your replies. When i get my package i'm gonna try the clove with koolada for the numbing effect, and if that doesnt work i'll place an order for some anise :)

If you're looking to replicate a Djarum or similar, you'll want the anise anyway. Straight clove tastes like clove, but not like a clove cigarette. The cigarettes are flavored with anise as well as clove. I haven't added tobacco to my mix yet, but it does seem to be missing something else, and I think that's it.

I also haven't tried this yet, but I'm thinking that clove + sweetener + (maybe) bubblegum may come somewhere close to that yummy clove chewing gum.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
If you're looking to replicate a Djarum or similar, you'll want the anise anyway. Straight clove tastes like clove, but not like a clove cigarette. The cigarettes are flavored with anise as well as clove. I haven't added tobacco to my mix yet, but it does seem to be missing something else, and I think that's it.

I also haven't tried this yet, but I'm thinking that clove + sweetener + (maybe) bubblegum may come somewhere close to that yummy clove chewing gum.

I love that gum!! if you can reproduce it let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread