best clove concentrate?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Shantia, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shantia

Shantia Super Member ECF Veteran

Ok I did a search here for clove and it just came up with tons of posts that didnt answer my question, and most likely this has been answered and i missed it trying to sort through the mess..so please forgive the re-ask.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which concentrated flavor vendors have the best clove? looking for the numbing effect, not just flavor. I want to get my sister into ecigs but she is a clove smoker so i know i'm gonna need to be able to make her a good clove juice to get her started! Not interested in premade juices, looking to make it myself for her.

2. ByStander1

ByStander1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    TPA's Clove is the only one I have right now, so no comparisons. I have only briefly used it for testing, but I know the potential is there. I used to smoke clove cigs occasionally, so know what I'm looking for. The clove flavor alone won't get it there -- will need to be tobacco mix or something -- but that's all the info I can offer. TPA's has the potential -- spot on clove flavor.

Hope this helps!

3. Zal42

Zal42 Super Member ECF Veteran

The best clove I've found is (believe it or not) LorAnn's. It's clove essential oil, though, so if you don't use oils then this isn't for you. It's extremely good, pure, and very potent (very strong at 1/2%).

It doesn't however, cause that numbing effect. I've yet to find anything that does.

4. BckYrdBBQr

BckYrdBBQr Full Member

I haven't tried the concentrate since I don't DIY. But BlueMist Vaping has a clove concentrate. Their clove juice is pretty good to me.

5. ManicMaurice

ManicMaurice Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Anise oil is the primary cause of the numbing effect of Djarum Clove Cigarettes.

Both Cloves and Anise contain eugenol which is a numbing agent, but clove cigarettes typically only contain cracked cloves which do not contain enough eugenol to cause numbing. Concentrated Anise oil/flavoring is added to the tobacco and this is the primary ingredient responsible for the numbing because in it's concentrated form the anise contains more than enough eugenol to numb the throat and mouth.

Djarum Blacks are a blend of Clove, Anise, Tobacco, and the filter paper is dipped in sugar water during manufacturing.

Should start you on the right path ...

6. Zal42

Yes, in my clove recipe, I use 75% clove oil and 25% anise oil. (Any more anise than that, and the anise note gets too strong) I still don't get the numbing, though.

7. jlarsen

jlarsen Super Member ECF Veteran

My wife and I vape an odd homeade mixture that doesn't exactly mimic clove analogs, but it is good. I put about 10 whole cloves in a bottle of Ruyan #1, let it sit for weeks. We mix it 50/50 with French Vanilla from vapor bomb. Very little tobacco taste, the clove flavor is strong, tamed and sweetened by the vanilla. A friend and former clove smoker tried it, and liked it. He was not willing to give up analogs for ecigs, but is now willing to consider it. He's tried other ecig flavors, says this is the only one he's tried so far that "does it" for him.

I've ordered some vanilla clove from Vapors Etc. We'll see how that compares to my home made mixture.

8. jlarsen

I wonder if dental grade eugenol can be purchased online?

9. Nikhil

Nikhil Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

To get the numbing effect without having to overload or warp the flavor, you might try Koolada from Perfumer's Apprentice.

10. Shantia

well i placed an order for some more flavors, including clove. Gonna give it a try with some of the absintine flavor i got, i tried making a good and plenty flavor out of that and it definitely tingles the tongue.

11. jlarsen

I just tried the clove vanilla from Vapors etc. It is a good strong clove (I got the flavor boosted). I can barely taste the vanilla, but I do get a bit of the mouth numbing effect. It reminds me the most of analog cloves, out of the clove ejuices I have tried. It's good.

12. ManicMaurice

ManicMaurice Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I like the clove and anise flavors from Flavour Art.

13. Shantia

Thanks all for your replies. When i get my package i'm gonna try the clove with koolada for the numbing effect, and if that doesnt work i'll place an order for some anise :)

14. Zal42

If you're looking to replicate a Djarum or similar, you'll want the anise anyway. Straight clove tastes like clove, but not like a clove cigarette. The cigarettes are flavored with anise as well as clove. I haven't added tobacco to my mix yet, but it does seem to be missing something else, and I think that's it.

I also haven't tried this yet, but I'm thinking that clove + sweetener + (maybe) bubblegum may come somewhere close to that yummy clove chewing gum.

15. Shantia

I love that gum!! if you can reproduce it let me know!

16. PlanetScribbles

PlanetScribbles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

17. Shantia

where can i buy anise? i dont see any on TPA's website.

18. Zal42

I get mine direct from LorAnn. It's a very pure essential oil, and very potent.

19. DrmChld

DrmChld Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

TPA also has the Eugenol.

I use LorAnn's and I get the numbing effect. Try a drop of licorice in it also to add to the flavor of the anise.

20. emus

emus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I agree LO Clove is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.