Best coffee juice for a coffee snob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharityRoyal

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2012
Michigan
Hi all,

I've been vaping for only a few weeks now, and I'm scouting around for the best juices. Since I have a kr808-d1 batt, and started off by using prefilled cartos, so far I've tried V2's coffee, V4L's WowVapor Coffee, and just today tried backwoods brew's "Cappuccino" flavor. The latter was the best, but I was still disappointed (though for the record, I absolutely loved all the other BB juices).

My problem is that all of these flavors taste a *lot* like coffee/cappuccino... they just taste like very cheap, crappy coffee. Like Folgers, or a cap you'd get out of a vending machine. Ick. I'm one of those snobs who goes to indie coffee shops, and I make my own coffee in a french press with freshly ground beans. Anyone with similarly snobby tastes found some good coffee juices? I don't care what it is-- coffee/latte/cap/espresso, added flavors are fine. My coffee vape quest is getting expensive.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Try making your own. I tried a recipe I found on the net, probably on ECF. It basically said to soak grounds in a covered container with PG or VG using 2 filters. You soak it for 3 - 4 days. Then you strain it thru a new filter in a funnel to an empty bottle, add some nic & you got coffee juice. You can use your favorite coffee, about a pot's worth of grounds & 100ml of pg or vg. Makes a lot of juice.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Hi all,

I've been vaping for only a few weeks now, and I'm scouting around for the best juices. Since I have a kr808-d1 batt, and started off by using prefilled cartos, so far I've tried V2's coffee, V4L's WowVapor Coffee, and just today tried backwoods brew's "Cappuccino" flavor. The latter was the best, but I was still disappointed (though for the record, I absolutely loved all the other BB juices).

My problem is that all of these flavors taste a *lot* like coffee/cappuccino... they just taste like very cheap, crappy coffee. Like Folgers, or a cap you'd get out of a vending machine. Ick. I'm one of those snobs who goes to indie coffee shops, and I make my own coffee in a french press with freshly ground beans. Anyone with similarly snobby tastes found some good coffee juices? I don't care what it is-- coffee/latte/cap/espresso, added flavors are fine. My coffee vape quest is getting expensive.

My opinion.

you're not going to find anything that makes you happy. All the juices I've tried either taste like coffee candies or like instant coffee.

HOWEVER, do a search on here, I saw a thread recently about how to make your own coffee extract at home from REAL coffee and it seemed simple enough....

THAT should actually taste like coffee, not coffee candies like most of the juices do.

CoffeeFairy

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX USA
I've become a big fan of the coffee flavors from Rawr, Parkes Vaping and Vermillion River. I've heard very good things about the Organic Kona Coffee Milkshake from Virgin Vapor and the one sample I had of that was pretty darn tasty but she's not in town just now or filling orders for a bit from what I understand.

I'm going to be trying the "make your own" route with some of my special order coffees but haven't gotten around to it. I did read up on a faster way to do it than letting it sit for days, but for the life of me I can't find the link for it at the moment. It was on here (ECF) but my searching skills aren't up to par tonight, apparently.:oops:

Last edited:

dirtmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Ooh, ooh, I remember this one... the fast recipe is to mix equal amounts of fresh-ground coffee beans and PG, microwave for 10 seconds, steep for a "while" to cool off, then top off with another equal amount of PG (the coffee will have absorbed most or all of the first amount), and let steep again for... uh, I think overnight. I didn't save the link to the directions, but I remember a lot of people really liked it. The microwave time would probably change with the amount you're making; you would want it to be hot, but not bubbling much or boiling over (I know coffee can taste burned and lose a lot of flavor when it gets too hot). Personally I would probably do the second steeping for a day or so in the fridge, I'm a little cautious about molds and bacteria getting started.

If you're a coffee snob you might not like flavored coffees, but several people liked this made with kahlua and other flavored beans too.

Also, I remember someone said they tried it in a small french press then filtered asain through paper filters to clear it up and it worked well.

edit: thank you to whoever came up with the idea and actually tried it out. It's inspiring not only for good coffee, but also gives me other ideas.

Last edited:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Check out BlueMist vapor, they have some really good coffee juices. Their my favorite vendor and their prices are dirt cheap, $5 for 10ml, $10 for 30ml. Their cafe caramel juice is one of my all day vapes and prob my favorite juice. It has a nice subtle coffee taste with a creamy like caramel taste, it's delicious. If you want a stronger coffee taste, try the coffee & cream, it has a strong coffee taste. I prefer the cafe caramel, but he coffee&cream juice is pretty good. Also I heard their hazelnut coffee juice is really good. I haven't tried it but it gets great reviews.
You can get all their juices in 80PG/20VG or 100%VG, I recommend the 80/20. They also offer extra flavor shots for .50cents more, and if you find a juice you really like you can get a 180ml bottle for $30, which breaks down to $5 for 30, it's an awesome deal. I'm already on my second 180ml bottle of cafe caramel

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
Yes, I love coffee flavor as well. Unfortunately I have not found any to my liking. I also like tobacco. So, what I do is mix coffee juice with tobacco juice and I come up with some interesting flavors. I've kind of taken a liking to Caramel Cappucinno mixed with a non-sweet tobacco. Just a suggestion. Good luck in your search.

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I was pleasantly surprised by Copper Creek's "Coffee" flavor. It's not cloyingly sweet at all, it's so "coffee" like that I almost get hints of cocoa in it - not "chocolate" but cocoa (like unsweetened cocoa nibs) which is a quality you can get out of dark roasted coffee.

I'm a also a HUGE coffee snob - I grind my own beans and then brew in either a vacuum pot or with my trusty old Chemex drip pot. My coffee, like me, is dark, just slightly bitter, but with a ton of character ;)

Give Copper Creek a try - she really does a fine job with the straight up coffee flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread