Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

just saw this,i didn't know nickel can be toxic if used on wattage mode ,i hope my smok al85 could not let me smoke wattage on the wrong type of coil ?

You have to set the AL85 up properly for the metal you're using. If you were to try to run say Kanthal in temp control it would kick you back to wattage mode. But it will not select the correct wire type by itself.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi all,what is the best type of coil to use in a clearomiser for longevity ? stainless ?

Stainless Might run a little "Hot" in a Clearo. I would suggest NiChrome 80. But for Pure Longevity, SS wouldn't be a bad call.

What Clearo are you Rebuilding?

BTW - Here is a Good Site to do "What If" Coils.

Coil wrapping

Reactions: cloudbusting

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
I assume we're talking the rebuildable deck for the baby beast. As far as I know the Nautilus 2 only takes pre built coils. Mostly if not all are Kanthal. Again as far as I remember all the pre built coils for the baby are Kanthal unless you've found some alternatives that are interchangeable. I would imagine a more knowledgeable forum member may be able to correct me as I am going from memory.

Reactions: cloudbusting

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
I assume we're talking the rebuildable deck for the baby beast. As far as I know the Nautilus 2 only takes pre built coils. Mostly if not all are Kanthal. Again as far as I remember all the pre built coils for the baby are Kanthal unless you've found some alternatives that are interchangeable. I would imagine a more knowledgeable forum member may be able to correct me as I am going from memory.
was asking in general,because i am looking to make my own coils at some point and will be buying different kit ,with a view to getting my ideal set up ..

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
I've bought some kit but have not started yet. What I bought included a Coil Master kit which included a bit of Kanthal. After research though I also bought some 24g SS. If I'd known about this place before I bought I may well have come here for advice first and made a better choice. I have heard that Kanthal is good to learn on and SS is quite good once you have experience. Can't for the life of me now remember the reasons I chose SS. I do think there may well be a lot of differing opinions based on personal preferences. Like tanks, liquids MTL vs DTL etc etc etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread