Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I like the eScribe software. In the end it's unnecessary, but still is fun to play with. I like lots of data.

Yes, other chips are extremely capable these days, and it's possible to find the best fit for you. For me this mod works. And given the time I've invested with the software package, and the excellent performance of this mod, I see myself sticking with DNA based mods for the future. That doesn't mean there aren't other solid choices out there.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
The best DNA200 would be imho the AxisVapes M-17. In that it's very much a highend device with great styling and pretty good performance. But you don't have to win a raffle or be part of a special group. Basically it allows people to have their special one of kind snowflake device without as a person being a special snowflake.

From there it all depends on the type of device you are looking for. Flexible Efusion Duo, Lipo dies or you know that you will be needed to swap batteries. Toss in the 18650 sled. Need 200w and want to swap batteries. DNA Relouxe 200 or Triade (Triade is best). Need a tank that can take a beating. Boxer or Panzer (Panzer best). Need lifespan on lipo power the SMY/Panzer/Modcrate Silo (Silo imho). Need something pocketable with full 200w DX200 or VT200 (VT200 winner for me). Want something tankish but not to big but can still flushly support large Atty's, Lavabox (plus it has a battery extender but it takes away from the ergonomics a bit). Want a small size, longevity, that you can replace the batteries in but don't mind it being only 133w, the VT133.

Honestly its crazy how different the implementations of the DNA are compared to wide array of other hardware out there. Specially since certain parts of the form factor is mandated in the use of the DNA board. There is very little overlap and the DNA75 isn't turning out much different. There is a parallel 18650 mod, a single 18650 mod, a 26650 mod, the Lavabox M is a single 18650 like the SMY but it keeps the formfactor and it's larger atty support and not going for the smallest. It's more about either getting a DNA for a general use case (what condition are you worried about the most) or getting multiple mods to cover different scenarios.

Reactions: Rafael letaba

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have the Reuleaux DNA 200 and the Reuleaux RX200S basically the same MOD and both vape the same but with the new software the RX200S is now able to go to 250 Watts. Although I like using the eScribe software like eskie the only difference really between the two is the price. Just my opinion based on owning both devices. YMMV

Reactions: bigrobbie

CrayCrayRay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2016
I have the Reuleaux DNA 200 and the Reuleaux RX200S basically the same MOD and both vape the same but with the new software the RX200S is now able to go to 250 Watts. Although I like using the eScribe software like eskie the only difference really between the two is the price. Just my opinion based on owning both devices. YMMV

I agree to a certain extent, but overall performance is better on the DNA200 than the chip in the RX200. Everything just works a little quicker or better. Is that worth the huge price difference? I don't know, I guess that is subjective.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
I said RX200S which is what I have are you speaking from personal experience or what you have found online? Like the 510 on the RX200S is improved an not a problem any longer.
The S is still the same Joytech chip and the 510 is still shallow on the S (though less likely to jam). The point is I think he was getting at is that the DNA is just plain better at most things. It's power delivery, power efficiency, it's TC, and it's customizability. Is that worth the extra cost, to some yes, to others no. Personally I wouldn't get the DNA RX instead I would get the Triade. Better 510, better 510 placement, better feel, better looks, and can generally be found cheaper.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Like I said if you do not own one you cannot go by online reviews. There is no shallow 510. And like I said from personal experience they function exactly the same in Wattage mode since I do not use the TC.

upload_2016-7-14_5-11-31.png

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Like I said if you do not own one you cannot go by online reviews. There is no shallow 510. And like I said from personal experience they function exactly the same in Wattage mode since I do not use the TC.

View attachment 578207
So ignore several reviewers and several posters that confirm that they have gap issues on several slightly long 510 devices because you said so? I mean the second part of your post explains enough. I am glad you enjoy yours and don't want it to seem like I am trying to insult or degrade your experience but you basically disqualified your opinion at the end.

Besides the fact that there is enough true tests out there that show the firing delay and power ramp up, and power signal is all much better on the DNA then the joytech chip. VW mode though outside delay would be a little hard to pick up on. The problem is this is a thread asking about best DNA product. You are basically suggesting getting an S based on you satisfaction using it in VW mode. The DNA's greatest strength is in TC. If someone is looking for a DNA device I would as most would assume that the person is looking for great TC. So saying it's the same because it works just as well in VW is kind of pointless.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
If you are going by what you read fine I am going by what I can see in my hand.
Or see in other people's hands. I don't know what Atty's you have what the length of the the 510 connector or how much the pin protrudes on your Atty's. Again on the RX200S even you are right it doesn't matter. The DNA RX still has the old pin, and the RX200S isn't a DNA device. If the Choice was between the DNA RX and the Triade for 3 18650 DNA devices for the pin alone the Triade wins (though it also feels better, has a better placed 510, and is better styled). On the 200S and it's price I would be willing to live with a pin that causes some gaps. But it's not a DNA device for someone looking specifically for DNA devices and the closeness in performance on wattage compared to the DNA version doesn't really matter when most people get a DNA devices for TC because it's the undisputed champion there and the Joytech chip while not bad at TC is miles behind Evolv.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I said RX200S which is what I have are you speaking from personal experience or what you have found online? Like the 510 on the RX200S is improved an not a problem any longer.

The OP is asking about DNA mods - the RX200 isn't a DNA mod.
It may function the same in wattage mode but it's performance in TC is way better in my opinion.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The OP is asking about DNA mods - the RX200 isn't a DNA mod.
It may function the same in wattage mode but it's performance in TC is way better in my opinion.

I know what the OP was talking about and was giving a comparison opinion from REAL Life personal experience not repeating what I read or watched in reviews.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
I know what the OP was talking about and was giving a comparison opinion from REAL Life personal experience not repeating what I read or watched in reviews.
But your personal experience has not relation to the OP's desire. The OP desired a DNA device, the top dog in temp control. You said yourself that your experiences and the similarities were with power mode.

Now while I don't have a 200s or even an RX200. Many people in this forum do. It's a great device for the price. But it's not just reviewers and YouTubers that confirm that the 510 is still shallow. It has to be honestly it's why Lost Vape did it like they did. It's why everyone else (including fellow Joytech partner eleaf) has shifted the batteries around. The RX is the best in the hand, but the cost is that pin.

The Triade has the best pin placement, best pin, best feel, best look, best battery management, best TC, out of those devices (DNA RX200, RX200, RX200S, Triade). It's not going to be the best DNA device for everyone. But if someone is looking at 3 battery mods, I have no problem suggesting it over an 200s even at its price. You add the desire for DNA on top of it, it's a no brainer.

But most of this is pointless. We don't know what the OP actually wants outside a DNA device. Just that he wants a DNA device.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
But you admit to not knowing what he wants and not owning one of each device but are commenting on my offering a real first hand opinion. Maybe he doesn't want a DNA or to spend 3 times the amount of cash for a DNA. Yeah the Triade is on my wish list also.
Sorry this is kind of idiotic (this discussion not you). The OP and the title of this thread isn't what is the best device out there. Or what is the best mod out the for the price (both of which the 200s is high in the list). It was what the best DNA device followed up with the user having interest in the Lost Vape Triade.

It is easily easily be interpreted as. What is the best DNA device, I (the OP) kind of like the Triade right now. What wasn't mentioned anywhere in there was the desire to find a non DNA device. There is no mention no desire. People don't go looking for a DNA specifically for bang for the buck. Now they do look for that within the DNA family. But the price is always going to be higher.

So when someone creates a thread in a forum specifically asking what is the best DNA device I think it is safe to assume that they are looking for a DNA device, whether it's for TC, the board quality, the board support or any other option. But what I also think is safe to say is that the poster did not ask the question to find a bang for the buck alternative that matches a DNA device in power mode, it's just silly, tons do, maybe not as efficiently (and the 200S doesn't either), but Power Mode isn't a reason to get a DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread