Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Welcome to the forum!

First, ECF is the name of this forum. It stands for Electronic Cigarette Forum. It's just the name for the forum. If you're asking what type of Electronic Cigarette you should get, you will get a whole lot of suggestions. Since you don't have any Electronic cigarettes already, you are brand new. As an Ex-smoker myself, I have been in your shoes. There are several things to consider...

First off, are you ok with something larger than a cigarette? I remember when I first started, I used one of those that looked like a cigarette. Although those are nice and small, they didn't provide enough vapor to really do much. Usually, the bigger the device, the bigger the battery and the more vapor you can have. There is a minimum size I recommend, but if you are ok with something a bit larger, that would be a more stable and cost effective method.

Second, how much do you have to spend? I would start off with $100USD as a minimum starting amount. IF you can spend more, you can get a higher quality device that will last a while. Anything cheaper, and you'll probably have to replace it in a few months.

And lastly, just a word of advice, I didn't stop smoking immediately. It took some time to stop smoking, and after that, some things got better, and other things got worse. When I switched to electronic cigarettes, there are withdrawal symptoms of quitting tobacco. Some people experience headaches, most people notice increased phlegm (coughing)... all these are temporary and a sign of withdrawal symptoms.. just keep in mind, an electronic cigarette is not a complete replacement for a regular cigarette, but it definitely helps quitting. It still takes some effort, but less than you think.

I would like to know the above questions, but also ask what type and how much cigarettes you smoke now. Maybe then I can give you an accurate suggestion.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I had answered a similar question earlier in another thread. =D

hi name jason I am new here | E-Cigarette Forum

There's only one problem with recommending going subohm as a beginner.... Vaping has a denser vapor. Every smoker who has tried an ecig ends up with a coughing fit afterwards... It's something you've become used to. For someone brand new to vaping, I recommend starting with something that can have a 1.2ish ohm coil with a VV device. a Kbox and a Kanger subohm tank would be a nice low cost beginner item, since the tank comes with 1.2 ohm coils, variable air control, and variable wattage....that is.. if he can get used to the size.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

YanchaBozu

May 15, 2015
Vancouver
If you read that, I didn't recommend sub ohm to a beginner. I explained what it was, briefly and said it was a level up, and lots of people aren't into it. Just because somebody is a beginner, doesn't mean they shouldn't get access to all of the knowledge. I actually said, he may never move up to sub ohm. Best to read something thoroughly before critiquing.

But you are right about sub ohm and beginners. My business partner came by after the vape shop, with his first unit an atlantis. I was surprised, they recommended that, but he is a heavy smoker, and it worked for him. =D

caeng

May 26, 2015
Welcome to the forum!

First, ECF is the name of this forum. It stands for Electronic Cigarette Forum. It's just the name for the forum. If you're asking what type of Electronic Cigarette you should get, you will get a whole lot of suggestions. Since you don't have any Electronic cigarettes already, you are brand new. As an Ex-smoker myself, I have been in your shoes. There are several things to consider...

First off, are you ok with something larger than a cigarette? I remember when I first started, I used one of those that looked like a cigarette. Although those are nice and small, they didn't provide enough vapor to really do much. Usually, the bigger the device, the bigger the battery and the more vapor you can have. There is a minimum size I recommend, but if you are ok with something a bit larger, that would be a more stable and cost effective method.

Second, how much do you have to spend? I would start off with $100USD as a minimum starting amount. IF you can spend more, you can get a higher quality device that will last a while. Anything cheaper, and you'll probably have to replace it in a few months.

And lastly, just a word of advice, I didn't stop smoking immediately. It took some time to stop smoking, and after that, some things got better, and other things got worse. When I switched to electronic cigarettes, there are withdrawal symptoms of quitting tobacco. Some people experience headaches, most people notice increased phlegm (coughing)... all these are temporary and a sign of withdrawal symptoms.. just keep in mind, an electronic cigarette is not a complete replacement for a regular cigarette, but it definitely helps quitting. It still takes some effort, but less than you think.

I would like to know the above questions, but also ask what type and how much cigarettes you smoke now. Maybe then I can give you an accurate suggestion.

Firstly, i dont mind about the size of ecig and im ok with that..
secondly, my starting dollar to spend around 100 to 150usd..i think thats ok rite?
I just wanna know how much nicotine i must take for smoker like me..1 box/ day..
thnx brother
sorry again for my bad2 english

caeng

May 26, 2015

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Can i get usa made ecig between 100 to 150 usd budget?huhuhu..can u suggest what brand?

Um, probably not. There aren't a lot of US made devices, and those that are won't be in that range. Most hardware is made elsewhere.

Regarding the nic level... while we're all different, and while vaping style will have an impact as well, if you start with toppers in the 1.5 - 2 ohm range, somewhere around 18 mg nic might be a reasonable level to help make the transition.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Firstly, i dont mind about the size of ecig and im ok with that..
secondly, my starting dollar to spend around 100 to 150usd..i think thats ok rite?
I just wanna know how much nicotine i must take for smoker like me..1 box/ day..
thnx brother
sorry again for my bad2 english

I was a 1 pk/day smoker too. I started with 18mg/ml, and it worked fine.

Now, for USA Vs. China, most of the bigger Ecig companies are from China. Joytech, Kanger, Eleaf, and many more are chinese companies and are larger than the US companies.

Because it comes from the US, does not necessarily mean higher quality. For example, Evolv, a USA ecigarette electronic chip company, came out with one of their chips, that if you put the battery in backwards, it would short out the circuit board making it useless. I would look for quality of the item over origin of the company. There are good products from both companies.

For $100-$150 USD, you can get a basic setup. one I recommended earlier, is the Kanger K-box and the kanger subtank mini. The K-box is a variable wattage, easy to use setup designed for beginners with enough flexibility for the more advanced users. The only downside to it, is it does not show you the resistance of your atomizer, which can be critical if you rebuild your own or are having problems.

Here are some known good products within your budget:

Ecig mods:

Istick 30 (Eleaf)
Istick 50 (Eleaf)
Cloupor Mini (cloupor)
K-box (Kangertech)

Ecig atomizers:

Subtank mini (Kangertech)
Nautilus (aspire)

Batteries:
IMR18650-25r (Samsung) 20a battery
18650 VTC4 (Sony) 30a battery
Efest Purple 18650 (efest) 20a battery

charger:

Nitecore D4 (nitecore)
Xtar VC4 (Xtar)

You should be able to pick one from each category and have a complete ecig solution (minus juice and replacement coils for the atomizer) I linked to the manufacturer's website on all except batteries. You should be able to find lower prices from online stores rather than getting it straight from the manufacturer As far as batteries go, those are three batteries that will work with the above setups. Batteries are a tricky subject, since there are many "re-wraps".. that is, a company will put their own brand on someone elses battery and sell it. The problem with that, is more often than not, they will lie about the specifications of the battery in order to make it seem like a better battery. This can be dangerous to vapers. when you buy a battery, make sure it's from a reputable company.

That is only a small list of products.. there are plenty more out there, and each has their own good points and bad points. I am looking at it from someone starting off fresh and looking to spend under $150USD.

I hope this helps some.

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas

Now, for USA Vs. China, most of the bigger Ecig companies are from China. Joytech, Kanger, Eleaf, and many more are chinese companies and are larger than the US companies.

Because it comes from the US, does not necessarily mean higher quality. For example, Evolv, a USA ecigarette electronic chip company, came out with one of their chips, that if you put the battery in backwards, it would short out the circuit board making it useless. I would look for quality of the item over origin of the company. There are good products from both companies.

For $100-$150 USD, you can get a basic setup. one I recommended earlier, is the Kanger K-box and the kanger subtank mini. The K-box is a variable wattage, easy to use setup designed for beginners with enough flexibility for the more advanced users. The only downside to it, is it does not show you the resistance of your atomizer, which can be critical if you rebuild your own or are having problems.

Ecig mods:

Istick 30 (Eleaf)
Istick 50 (Eleaf)
Cloupor Mini (cloupor)
K-box (Kangertech)

Ecig atomizers:

Nautilus (aspire)

Batteries:

charger:

Nitecore D4 (nitecore)
Xtar VC4 (Xtar)

You should be able to pick one from each category and have a complete ecig solution (minus juice and replacement coils for the atomizer) I linked to the manufacturer's website on all except batteries. You should be able to find lower prices from online stores rather than getting it straight from the manufacturer As far as batteries go, those are three batteries that will work with the above setups. Batteries are a tricky subject, since there are many "re-wraps".. that is, a company will put their own brand on someone elses battery and sell it. The problem with that, is more often than not, they will lie about the specifications of the battery in order to make it seem like a better battery. This can be dangerous to vapers. when you buy a battery, make sure it's from a reputable company.

That is only a small list of products.. there are plenty more out there, and each has their own good points and bad points. I am looking at it from someone starting off fresh and looking to spend under $150USD.

I hope this helps some.
Great suggestions. I would recommend the Nautilus over the subtank, for now. Being a smoker, he's most likely still used to the mouth to lung hits, vs. straight lung hits. And even the smallest setting on the subtank is quite airy.

caeng

May 26, 2015

Ecig mods:

Istick 30 (Eleaf)
Istick 50 (Eleaf)
Cloupor Mini (cloupor)
K-box (Kangertech)

Ecig atomizers:

Nautilus (aspire)

Batteries:

charger:

Nitecore D4 (nitecore)
Xtar VC4 (Xtar)

I hope this helps some.
Wah!! we same rite..i think that is a excellent suggestion..i will stick with those item..18mg nic is enough rite?or should i start from lower nic..because i read some article for the newbies is about 6mg, 12 mg, 15mg nic..is it ok to start with 18 mg nic..sorry for my concern..huhu thnx a lot brada..

Reactions: NealBJr

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Ohm, I thought the same thing. One thing that the MVP20 will do is buck automatically. Sure the new high enders are starting to have DC-DC, but MVP/SVD have been doing it from the begining. I have two MVPs from the end of 2013. Still going.

18mg. If to strong, you will have less urges.

caeng

May 26, 2015
Ohm, I thought the same thing. One thing that the MVP20 will do is buck automatically. Sure the new high enders are starting to have DC-DC, but MVP/SVD have been doing it from the begining. I have two MVPs from the end of 2013. Still going.

18mg. If to strong, you will have less urges.
Uhuhu..thats strong rite..i think i should start less than that..is it ok for q
Someone above mentioned the MVP20 for $22. Good deal for starting. For a topper...there are a lot. I use Aspire-made Nautilus.
owhh mvp 20..it not me give any problem rite?i hate when it broken easily or unfunctional suddenly..huhu sorry for my concern..thnx a lot brada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread