Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Sounds like you got your set-up on its way now, but will put in my suggestions:

Pick out 2 different tanks and juice flavors to start with. Not only will that give you the chance to try different tanks, but will provide a backup should one tank be a problem and also give you the ability to change flavors with ease.

I agree with starting out with 18mg nic (assuming you do not go with a sub ohm tank/coil). If it turns out to be too strong, you can always pick up another bottle of the same flavor at a lower nic level and mix the two to get to a lower level (a bottle of 18 nic mixed with a bottle of 6 nic will give two bottles of 12 nic OR 18 and 0 gives 9).

Good luck and keep us updated on your journey! :vapor:

Reactions: DavidOck

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Wah!! we same rite..i think that is a excellent suggestion..i will stick with those item..18mg nic is enough rite?or should i start from lower nic..because i read some article for the newbies is about 6mg, 12 mg, 15mg nic..is it ok to start with 18 mg nic..sorry for my concern..huhu thnx a lot brada..

I would personally suggest you get small bottles of 12, 18, and 24mg nic. Not everyone is the same and there is no magic number for what you will need, you can only really find this out by trying them.

An added advantage to doing this is even if you find you like the 12 best, trust me you will find times/days when you need to hit something stronger even if only a couple of pulls, this can help with the cravings.

The best bet is if you have a B&M (actual store) near you, go in and test flavors so you can find a couple you really enjoy.

Finding the right juice is more than half the battle with vaping, but once you do it can and does work.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Great suggestions. I would recommend the Nautilus over the subtank, for now. Being a smoker, he's most likely still used to the mouth to lung hits, vs. straight lung hits. And even the smallest setting on the subtank is quite airy.

Agreed , i hope he has everything he needs because that MVP will get to him fast by VaporBeast . Want to make sure he gets a juice he likes and doesn't start too low on the mg for the Nic.

I started at 12 mg and it was way too low for me , once i jumped up to 18 that turned out to be too low as well , when i bought 24 mg i no longer had any real cig cravings and never smoked another cigarette .

Then i eventually came down in mg again but at first i think you need the stronger stuff .

Lots of tanks will work with the MVP 20 watt , trying to think of good deals on easy to use tanks that would provide very good flavor for him. The Nautilus with BVC coils would work really well like you said.

I don't think he said what flavors of juice he would tend to like .

caeng

May 26, 2015

Pick out 2 different tanks and juice flavors to start with. Not only will that give you the chance to try different tanks, but will provide a backup should one tank be a problem and also give you the ability to change flavors with ease.

I agree with starting out with 18mg nic (assuming you do not go with a sub ohm tank/coil). If it turns out to be too strong, you can always pick up another bottle of the same flavor at a lower nic level and mix the two to get to a lower level (a bottle of 18 nic mixed with a bottle of 6 nic will give two bottles of 12 nic OR 18 and 0 gives 9).

Good luck and keep us think to plan like that..

Good luck and keep us updated on your journey! :vapor:
wahh really?? I think i wanna pick another tank like u said..got any suggestion?how bout kanger tank?

caeng

May 26, 2015
Agreed , i hope he has everything he needs because that MVP will get to him fast by VaporBeast . Want to make sure he gets a juice he likes and doesn't start too low on the mg for the Nic.

I started at 12 mg and it was way too low for me , once i jumped up to 18 that turned out to be too low as well , when i bought 24 mg i no longer had any real cig cravings and never smoked another cigarette .

Then i eventually came down in mg again but at first i think you need the stronger stuff .

Lots of tanks will work with the MVP 20 watt , trying to think of good deals on easy to use tanks that would provide very good flavor for him. The Nautilus with BVC coils would work really well like you said.

I don't think he said what flavors of juice he would tend to like .
i think i stick to 18mg nic..if doesnt effect my smoking habit, i will hit more nic like u said 24 or 32mg..

Reactions: herb

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
i think i stick to 18mg nic..if doesnt effect my smoking habit, i will hit more nic like u said 24 or 32mg..

As long as 18 mg works thats the bottom line , lots of people think vaping is not working for them and it's only because the nic level is too low . You should be fine with 18 but if you aren't you might have to go a little higher.

Two tanks is a very good idea actually , OMG , i just found a fantastic deal for you , buy this Aerotank V2 for $9.99 , most sell it for around $25.00 .

Kangertech Aerotank V2 Coil Tank

The Aerotank is a great tank and will work fantastic on the MVP , you won't be sorry .

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
wahh really?? I think i wanna pick another tank like u said..got any suggestion?how bout kanger tank?

Although I normally use sub ohm tanks now, I still have and use two of the Kanger Aerotank Mega's I had early on. A bit of airflow adjustment, hold a fairly good amount of juice, and pretty easy to fill and change out coils.

Reactions: herb

caeng

May 26, 2015
20150602_112350.jpg
My package just arrived..:)

dviles

May 3, 2015
I don't understand why everyone recommends such elaborate equipment. You know what you want, but a newbie hasn't learned yet. They may be fine with a CE4 or EVOD for a long time.

I'd recommend a two battery, two tank starter kit for around $30-40 online, and a bottle of 18 mg/ml Ejuice.

Once you get unhooked from smokes, and hooked on vapes, then you can decide which way to go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread