Best equipment for dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.
avid vaper.com has a special on their home page. It is the 306lr atomizer, 2 for 19.99 plus drip tip. It works great but I recommend getting the xl drip tip for an extra buck or two that way you won't burn your lips. This is the best dripping atomizer for testing flavors. Nothing but pure unadulterated vapor, pure as the driven snow. They are a little pricey but you won't be disappointed.

I just ordered these atomizers from Avid Vaper yesterday. But, I didn't get the xl drip tip. Will it really burn my lips? I will be using a 650 mah eGo-c twist with this.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
No. The 306 atties are surprisingly small so its more in your head than on you mouth about the hot thing. The drip tips they come with cover the whole atty. good for you trying something so fine as dripping! Be patient with yourself and its easy to over drip but you can fling it out and the resulting hit will be perfect. Like when tasting a new juice. Great choice btw.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I would still like to dabble with 510 atomoizers, but I jumped for the Rebuildable Atomizer, the IGO-L and have been loving it!
Built it correctly the first time around, but was a little bit tricky tinkering with such small items.. ie. coil, wick, actual atty itself.

Are there rebuildable atomoizers without wicks?

I'm confused by the rebuildables using wicks since my purpose for dripping was testing new flavors. Wouldn't I have to wash the wicks before trying a new flavor to avoid contamination?

My intention is to get into DIY juices, so changing flavor quickly and cleanly is important.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Its good info but since hes new to vaping a lot premature and simplistic dripping is a big favorite of many! Avid vaper has the goods too. He'll be very happy and getting to know atomizers is an important step before building them. Unless you have a knack for that kind of thing of course! I finally did it and i actual like the feisty Igo-s but it sure takes some time to figure things out remember? Unless of course you have the special knack and all that

If you want simplistic dripping, I recommend a 306 or and HH.357.

If you want to get into rebuildable dripping, I recommend the IGO-L.

Oops I entered the wrong posters post! Sorry aikenae1 !

Last edited:

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Are there rebuildable atomoizers without wicks?

I'm confused by the rebuildables using wicks since my purpose for dripping was testing new flavors. Wouldn't I have to wash the wicks before trying a new flavor to avoid contamination?

My intention is to get into DIY juices, so changing flavor quickly and cleanly is important.

As far as I've read all atomisers have some form of wick - that's unavoidable. But with a fully stainless atomiser / wick you can just run it under water as often as you need to, no risk of it disintegrating. You need to dry it, obviously, but at the price they're selling the Igo-L for you can afford to have a few in rotation, and it doesn't actually absorb water or flavour like silica or natural fibre, so it dries quickly and flavour taints aren't a big issue in the first place.

I was surprised by how easy it was to build on the Igo-L. It took me maybe an hour the first time, and there was quite a lot of swearing. But once you've figured out the technique, it's pretty straightforward.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
I've not seen one that doesn't have any wick at all - only ones with wick only as wide as the coil. Not saying they don't exist if you've seen them though - I'd just be unsurprised if some things sold as 'wickless' really meant 'only a tiny tiny wick'.

I've seen people removing the wick and dripping onto the coil... don't know how much success they've had.

GetVaked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Wisconsin
Good point. If it was me, I would go with the 306s and watch videos on rebuildables. Very easy to master, but everyone has different skill-sets, it may be difficult for some. I enjoy the IGO-L because there is plenty of room for wick, and I don't have to thread a wire through a post, simply wrap around the post and tighten. I do still love my Pheonix, but it can be annoying and there isn't much room to work.

Duracell

May 2, 2013
Earth
Definitely individual drip atomizers like a 306, 510 or a hybrid of the two. Any thing with a wick will retain the majority of the flavor you put in first unless you use a different kind of wicking material other than silica, Kevlar,etc. The best would be probably cotton or bamboo that you can literally squeeze the old flavor out of to add a different one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread