Best flavour brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
All companys are not equal, There are hit and misses with all of them and pecentages can range from 1 drop to 15%, I can not say I am loyal to one brand as they all have their Greats, I think I use TFA,Cappela,Flavor Art,Inawera,Flavorah,Flavor West, Real Flavors,Hanson,Lorann,Jungle flavors, The most and probley in that order. Like I said they all have some great staples in many of my mixes. It would take me forever to make a list with appropriate %'s but you can find most of them on recipe sites.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
All companies have very good and very bad flavors, however one that is pretty consistent on the very good side is Inawera. buy it from a good dealer like Bull City Vapor.

I think you should ask better what company makes x flavor that you like, lets say Flue Cured tobacco or Strawberries or Cookies. This way more people would share their opinions.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
It is all about YOUR taste buds, and what you are trying to make. Many flavors have a couple of versions even within the same brand. You like sweet cherries or tart cherries. Creme is even worse. Italian creme or Bavarian. Probably a dozen or more.

I started with recipes that I got here, but not one stayed the same.

I followed the Bull City Vapers suggestion, but I have bought elsewhere.

Good luck!

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Wow, am I ever glad I started reading this thread. DIY is new to me as I have only made a couple of batches so far, so I have no experience with different vendors. I am so glad to see that Bull City Flavors is a crowd favorite here, and they are only a little over an hours drive from my house.

They are going to be one of my favorites now too.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've never ordered from Bull City.

I've bought all my flavorings from Wizard Labs and One Stop DIY Shop. The majority of them are TFA and Capella. Both places carry flavorings from many different manufacturers, in a variety of sizes at great prices, and the Customer Service from both is top-notch!

OSDIY Shop also has their own One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends that I love, too. I regularly order their Lucky Shot, Baked Cinnamon Roll, Lotta Latte, and several others. They're ready to use at 8-10% in with your own PG, VG, and Nic Base. They have them in small sample sizes all the way up to some in gallon size! Couldn't be any easier than that for beginners to DIY and for those with experience.

Even though WL is only about 45 miles from me, I still order online though, since gas there and back would cost many times more than the S/H I pay to have it shipped to me.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
I've never ordered from Bull City.

I've bought all my flavorings from Wizard Labs and One Stop DIY Shop. The majority of them are TFA and Capella. Both places carry flavorings from many different manufacturers, in a variety of sizes at great prices, and the Customer Service from both is top-notch!

OSDIY Shop also has their own One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends that I love, too. I regularly order their Lucky Shot, Baked Cinnamon Roll, Lotta Latte, and several others. They're ready to use at 8-10% in with your own PG, VG, and Nic Base. They have them in small sample sizes all the way up to some in gallon size! Couldn't be any easier than that for beginners to DIY and for those with experience.

Even though WL is only about 45 miles from me, I still order online though, since gas there and back would cost many times more than the S/H I pay to have it shipped to me.

Weight mixer's hell...

Just ordered some TFA from OSDIY, because they had BCV beat on price by a few cents. Great price, good service, but disappointed to find out they use bottles without dropper tops. Kind of a bummer, I have the exact same 15 ml bottles they use with dropper tops, but not enough to go around. Stupid for me to assume anything, but it would have been cool if they had that info somewhere on their website. I'd have been happy to buy the dropper tops from them if they offered them, but they don't. Not a big deal for just this once, but I won't reorder just based on that. I hate pipettes, hate the idea of throwing them away after a single use, and I hate washing syringes (I don't have enough anyway). Luckily I had enough dropper-top bottles to rebottle them, but doing that ate up the few cents I saved.

I do like the cobalt glass bottles they use for their OSDIY blends, and at least they include the dropper piece.

Reactions: IDJoel

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Huh? Did I write something wrong in my post you quoted?

I don't ever receive flavorings from WL nor from OSDIY Shop in dropper bottles. Didn't know any other places sent theirs in them.
That was just a lead in to what I said, not in response to anything you said. Don't mind me...If you mix by weight as I do, those little dropper bottles are indispensable.

The 10 and 30 ml sizes from BCV are in dropper bottles. I only ever ordered from them till I tried OSDIY.

Reactions: IDJoel

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Speaking of bottles, Although I have many new 10 ml bottles with tips, I ordered a like 250 bulk on those, for new mix trials and to fill flavors from Big bottles of flavoring and those that I ordered from wizard and rts that are in vials and glass bottles. while I like the idea of being stored in glass better, the benifit of ease of use is more important, now that I mix by weight it is just easier to sqeeze in x amount of flavor without having to use pipetts or syrings. By the way I found a decent deal on lure locks if anybody is intrested, at American science and surplus for $14.50 for a big pack of 152. btw they also have decent prices on glass and plasctic graduated cylinders and beakers. I got the 14 gauge blunt tips at fastech for less than 1.50 for 10. cheaper if you buy more, you want the longer olive green ones, for the big bottles i just tape the syringe to the bottle for next use. if it is a corrosive flavor I would suggest rinsing, but now I have enough to just toss if they show signs of deterioration. but back to suppliers. I love BCV for there variety, and free fast shipping over $75 bucks, If I know I want lager bottles I go with Heartland for 4 oz. and up , If I want larger Flavor Art or Inawera Its hard to beat Nicotine River. I use ECX on occasion for some of the harder flavors to find but also but have to knock them for crappy website programming. It may well be their or my server for that matter, but it always takes forever to load and order. I ordered once from wizard and while their selection and service was good, I recieved a box of busted glass viels that stunk up the house, they did however replace the broken flavors. RTS also ships in glass, but my order from them was packed better. My first order ever was from osdiy, packed well and some extra goodies. It does matter if you are just starting and just need small amounts to try. I now have close to 400 flavors, And I know what I want to puchase in large quantites, Flavorwest and Flavorah are ones I just order direct from to cut out the middle man on larger amounts. I here Gremlin Diy is good but have not gotton around to trying them out yet. P.S. Sorry for the rant but this is just what I know from using these companys.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
By the way I found a decent deal on lure locks if anybody is intrested, at American science and surplus for $14.50 for a big pack of 152. btw they also have decent prices on glass and plasctic graduated cylinders and beakers.

American Science & Surplus has been a favorite website of mine for years! I used to order stuff frequently to use with my students while teaching, especially things for Science & Math.

For vaping purposes, I've ordered these: 1) the bulk pack of 5mL glass vials with screw on caps, for flavorings and nic samples for friends learning DIY; 2) some 15mL screw-on capped centrifuge tubes for larger samples of those; 3) some of the white PET 50mL tubes with screw-on caps for carrying some of my eGo, Evod, etc. batteries on trips; 4) for portable recharging of small electronics and my phone while on day excursions in Alaska...I got their Power Bank USB Adapter that takes 2AA batteries (works great); 5) a few small SS funnels for cheap; 6) 170mL Glass Amber Bottles w/lids for storing my first L of nic in the freezer (they actually hold closer to 182mL).

I love browsing their website! Just reading the funny tongue-in-cheek descriptions for many products is worth the time spent there, let alone the terrific bargains.

Reactions: Clark Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread