Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I'm getting tired of always having to take the top cap off to see if the cotton needs more juice. So I'm hoping I can get some recommendations for glass drippers.

I'm definitely more of a MTL vaper, so something that allows for that is a must. I prefer single coil builds, but will consider dual coil attys if that's the only option with MTL.

Appreciate any help I can get with this.. there are just WAY too many RDAs on the market right now.. been watching tons of video reviews on YouTube, and haven't found a single atty I actually want yet.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Thanks for the reply.

I actually have found a few, but it looks like they're all discontinued.

- Oumier Bull-B
- Oumier Monkey King
- Trinity V3tronix US1

I did manage to find the Monkey King on Focalecig. But out of the three, I like the Bull-B the best since I can use a standard drip tip with it, and it's still a nice short height. Just can't seem to find any in stock.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
A Nixon v2, glass, dual coil.

If you google, you'll find a few companies that make glass top caps for popular Drippers. Expensive, around $35..

The Nixon looks good. Do you know if there are any issues with leaking?

After watching some reviews, it seems like these glass top caps get rather difficult to see through with all of the condensation.. which kinda defeats the purpose of having glass to see the cotton/juice.

Hmm...

Have the genesis style attys gotten any better? Maybe I'd be better off with a tank/RBA style set up. It's just that I prefer something short.. I'm not a fan of tall attys.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
The Nixon looks good. Do you know if there are any issues with leaking?

After watching some reviews, it seems like these glass top caps get rather difficult to see through with all of the condensation.. which kinda defeats the purpose of having glass to see the cotton/juice.

Hmm...

Have the genesis style attys gotten any better? Maybe I'd be better off with a tank/RBA style set up. It's just that I prefer something short.. I'm not a fan of tall attys.
Neither am i.
The Nixon V2 is the best 'snubby' RDA i own,,i have 50, rivals my Narda.
Surprised they are not more popular. Mabey the low price? Smoke & condensation, yes, does clear if you blow in the drip tip. Can see condition of wicks.

Like gennie ersatz style too.
Lately, the Nectar Mini & the Fodi F2. Yes f not v.
All the above are flavor oriented, can blow 4 rings or so.
Nixon bottom//Nectar & Fodi top flow..

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Any issues with that coating on the glass? I watched one review that showed it was really tight.. and one comment from someone who broke their glass because it wouldn't come off.

Overall, it looks like the kind of thing I'm looking for. Now I just have to find a store that has it in stock for a good price. FT had a great price, just shy of $10, but it's showing it as discontinued.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
The reviewer showed the bottom edge of the glass had some sort of coating on it.. looked frosted. Some comments said it made the glass very difficult to remove.

Just ordered one locally. Should have it by the end of the week. Looking forward to trying it! Thanks again for the recommendation.

Reactions: daviedog

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Got the Nixon v2 today. I don't like it. I set it up with dual coil, running at 0.4ohm, the vape is too strong and too hot. It also tastes gross. Could be the cotton they included.. but overall I'm pretty disappointed with it. Oh well... gets me closer to something I will like I suppose.

I'm just going to look for a decent single coil, center mounted. Doesn't have to be glass, just something I can drip through the drip tip and actually hit the coil/cotton.

Right now I'm vaping with my ZNA, with an Origen atty, set up with single coil, running at 0.8ohms, 20W, MTL. It produces a nice cloud, flavor, and my battery doesn't die as quickly.

So if I can something that's designed for a single coil, I think I'll be happy with that. Once I get my Pico, I'll be able to run a little lower resistance with a little higher wattage, and that'll probably be the sweet spot for me.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
You're experienced,, use your favorite coil builds, your wicking, your resistance.
I throw out unknown coils that come with new atties.
To ameliorate heat, position of coils & air pipes at the bottom of deck is rich with options.
I use only Kanthal& SS316 slick coils in all attyies. .6 to 1.0 ohms.
Be advised that a short atty will always be warmer to start.
I never pass judgement on an atomizer until at least 4 or 5 builds.

I do remember having fits with the Aromamizer V1, binned it, came back months later,, figured out its quirks.
Good luck, don't give up on the Nixon OR any future atties you may aquire..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread