AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Great news guys! This newsletter from Vapedojo:

The FDA just announced that they are extending the regulation deadlines by 4 years, from August 8th, 2018 to August 8th, 2022 for ENDS products. Yes, 2022.

This is still developing, and the FDA isn't expected to release a written update of the guidelines until next week at the earliest, but here's the basics:

• The grandfather date of 8/8/2007 stays in place.
  • All products still have to go through a Pre-Market tobacco Application (PMTA) process. Previously, it was due on August 8th 2018, it is now due by August 8 2022.
  • Any specific regulations that have already been implemented [age restrictions, warning labels, etc.] stay. No retroactive changes to any of these.
  • New guidelines and documentation concerning PMTAs and the type of research and requirements the FDA/CTP will be looking for will be issued in the upcoming months.
  • The things we already have going on will keep going on. Registration dates, ingredient listings, harmful material reports will all continue to be submitted as outlined in the current deeming regs, until further notice.

This is pretty great news for the industry as a whole. We have been working towards our PMTA application process, following the timeline set forth by the deeming regs, but without nearly any specific direction from the FDA. The FDA is now saying '...Maybe alternative, less-harmful nicotine products aren't as bad as originally thought. Here's some extra time to get your stuff ready, and here's an actual roadmap and directions as to what we want to see when you turn it in.'

The bigger overall point is that FDA director Gottlieb is apparently more open to examining situations, gathering research, and making decisions based on that, versus knee-jerk, all or nothing stances that seem to have made up previous policies. This statement relays the fact that they are interested not only in ENDS, but in a full range of harm reduction, from new hardware research to reducing nicotine levels in traditional cigarettes.

These are exciting times, and this is some of the best news we could have hoped for on a Friday! Everyone enjoy your weekends, and stay tuned for updates, as the FDA releases more information.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
https://www.aliceinvapeland.com

Oh My! 25% off at Alice in Vapeland!

Please come on by and check out our Third Road, a magical green tea flavor! If you are a fan of Quiet Morning we think you *might* just love this one.

And of course we have all your favorites too!

Wishing you a lovely summer from all of us at AIV!

Enjoy 25% off of everything at Alice in Vapeland.
Use code "sunny25" at checkout until August 6th.​

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
The Vape Kitchen description -
A beautifully twice-cooked Italian cookie dipped in a properly steeped cup of English Earl Grey Tea.

Earl Grey Biscotti :
My experience.
Tastes of a freshly baked crisp and cakey Biscotti, dipped in a well steeped, lightly sweetened cup of Double Bergamot/Black tea. Very true to name, and absolutely delicious. The Earl Grey is dominant, with the Full flavored Biscotti on the back end of the exhale.

If you are a fan of strong tea and/floral flavors... this is a must try. I say floral due to the Bergamot aspect. I am a fan of floral vapes as well. Jasmine, Bergamot and Rose flavors.
I don't particularly care for Lavender flavors. To me Lavender tastes a bit soapy. o_O

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
OMG my POD was denied access into California because the custom guys saw ants. Like CA does not have ants?!
It sits in storage in Las Vegas and no one can tell me anything. Living with very little and have been here a week. C'MON PODS get it together!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
OMG my POD was denied access into California because the custom guys saw ants. Like CA does not have ants?!
It sits in storage in Las Vegas and no one can tell me anything. Living with very little and have been here a week. C'MON PODS get it together!

That customs guy needs to be stationed in Texas, he could have saved 10 people last week.

I thought I'd swing by today and tell you all about a good one I found. I'm still on my caramel kick and this new one is very good. It's called Grumpy Old ....... by Micro Brew Vapor. It's described as a butterscotch caramel.

If anyone here likes caramel it's a worthy try.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
That customs guy needs to be stationed in Texas, he could have saved 10 people last week.

I thought I'd swing by today and tell you all about a good one I found. I'm still on my caramel kick and this new one is very good. It's called Grumpy Old ....... by Micro Brew Vapor. It's described as a butterscotch caramel.

If anyone here likes caramel it's a worthy try.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Still no POD delivery. They called yesterday and gave new delivery date of the 8th. 9 days late. Passed by depression and anger and have now settled into defeat. With humor. Have called Federal Motor Carriers S.A, my congressman, consumer affairs, and the list goes on.
I am vaping mostly DIY. I AM and worried because they did fumigated my POD and it has tons of DIY and nicotine in it [emoji30]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
I bought a very tasty coconut juice recently. It's called Island Coconut and it's from Vape Dudes Private Stock line. It's my favorite straight coconut juice so far. It's pre-steeped, reasonably priced and has extra flavoring. I will definitely reorder and make sure to always keep this one in stock at all times.

Island Coconut - Private Stock
I'm def gonna have to try that cuz I love coconut, thanks! My favorite coconut is Svrf Balanced. It's a coconut cream and out of the 7 or 8 ones I've tried it is the most delicious, creamy and accurate. It's just a stellar stellar vape so if u like coconut I HIGHLY recommend checking it out. I usually get it on Breazy when they have one of their sales. I believe retail is like $20ish for 60ml but it's sooo worth it imo lol

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
Yay

Giantvapes.com has never let me down and ships out the same day (for free)! Best site I've ever used to date
They're waaay overpriced tho. Check out Breazy (they have 40% off sales every Friday and other sales all the time, I suggest subscribing to their newsletter), EjuiceCorner (almost always have a 25% off coupon active, usually corner25) and Ejuicesteals is another great site that's a lot cheaper than Giant. Just look at the prices on this receipt for an example. They even gave me 2 free bottles and doubled the size of 1 simply cuz they didn't have 1 juice I ordered. Breazy has awesome customer service too... I received a bottle of Sicboy MBYC on July 7 and I just emailed them this week cuz I realized it wasn't the fried version which was what I ordered and they sent it out right away even tho it took me a month to figure that out and tell them lol. And I just got 7 bottles of premium juice (2x30ml, 4x60ml and 1x100ml) for $72 from ejuicecorner whereas on giant it woulda cost me over $140. So I highly recommend any of those places over giantvapes, they'd be my last choice tbh
bbc1f1b9da2104df6920d74ac847aa4f.jpg

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
The Vape Kitchen description -
A beautifully twice-cooked Italian cookie dipped in a properly steeped cup of English Earl Grey Tea.

Earl Grey Biscotti :
My experience.
Tastes of a freshly baked crisp and cakey Biscotti, dipped in a well steeped, lightly sweetened cup of Double Bergamot/Black tea. Very true to name, and absolutely delicious. The Earl Grey is dominant, with the Full flavored Biscotti on the back end of the exhale.

If you are a fan of strong tea and/floral flavors... this is a must try. I say floral due to the Bergamot aspect. I am a fan of floral vapes as well. Jasmine, Bergamot and Rose flavors.
I don't particularly care for Lavender flavors. To me Lavender tastes a bit soapy. o_O
I told you their juices are incredibly accurate lol. Chef Oren really has an incredible palate with some of those creations he comes up with and they're just awesome people with some amazing juice, I can't recommend them enough. Their whole tea line is pretty amazing and so far even if I didn't really like a juice from them it at least true to its flavor profile and it was just that I wasn't a fan but I can admit when a juice is good quality even if I don't like it, some people can't tell the difference

Reactions: Ipster

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
I told you their juices are incredibly accurate lol. Chef Oren really has an incredible palate with some of those creations he comes up with and they're just awesome people with some amazing juice, I can't recommend them enough. Their whole tea line is pretty amazing and so far even if I didn't really like a juice from them it at least true to its flavor profile and it was just that I wasn't a fan but I can admit when a juice is good quality even if I don't like it, some people can't tell the difference

^^
truth

Reactions: DDarko419

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
Was it you that said they got you for about $100? If so, I'm curious what other juices you got. Also I HIGHLY recommend getting their Perfect Pear next time or asking for it to be one of the 2 samples you get. I'm not even a big pear fan but I can honestly say it was the best and most accurate fruit flavor I've ever tried, it's frickin spectacular lol. So if u order from them again just ask for it to be one of the samples cuz they always let u pick 2, u just need to write it in the comments section

Reactions: Kn0ttYFive

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm def gonna have to try that cuz I love coconut, thanks! My favorite coconut is Svrf Balanced. It's a coconut cream and out of the 7 or 8 ones I've tried it is the most delicious, creamy and accurate. It's just a stellar stellar vape so if u like coconut I HIGHLY recommend checking it out. I usually get it on Breazy when they have one of their sales. I believe retail is like $20ish for 60ml but it's sooo worth it imo lol

Thanks DDarko! I'll check it out.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
August 9, 2017
7dbb9ca4-8575-4639-9887-285b3c3e10ac.jpg

Vapor News and Views

News and views on vapor tax and regulatory issues from across the United States. The best way to stay up to date with what's happening in Washington and in your state capitol.

S.gif

Friends,

The vapor industry and its consumers have been issued a stay of execution and the nation's got a new Top Doc. With the big announcement out of the FDA, will America be a safe space for vaping? Not if 13 Senate Democrats get their way. And if you haven't subscribed to The Smoke and Mirrors Podcast, check out Episode Two, where Brian Fojtik and I break down the decision from the FDA. Listen, share, subscribe, and leave a review on iTunes, Google Play, or your podcast hosting platform of choice!

As always - if you've got suggestions, tips, or information you'd like me to share, shoot them my way at pblair@atr.org.

--
Paul Blair
Strategic Initiatives Director
Americans for Tax Reform

FDA Delays PMTA Filing Deadlines by Four Years

First, the news we've all been waiting for and the news many of us have been working towards. The FDA announced "a new comprehensive plan for tobacco and nicotine regulation that will serve as a multi-year roadmap to better protect kids and significantly reduce tobacco-related disease and death." Most significant to readers of this newsletter was the announcement that the deadline for submitting tobacco product review applications (PMTAs) for newly deemed products (vapor products) was delayed from November of 2018 to August of 2022.

Significant in this announcement was also this realization from the FDA: "A key piece of the FDA’s approach is demonstrating a greater awareness that nicotine – while highly addictive – is delivered through products that represent a continuum of risk and is most harmful when delivered through smoke particles in combustible cigarettes." This is an extremely important acknowledgement from the agency.

But, the flavors. This good news didn't come without a warning or call to action for the industry. In the announcement, the FDA announced an intent to seek input from the public on the best way to regulate "kid-appealing flavors in e-cigarettes." This process will play out through an "Advanced Notice for Proposed Rulemaking" (ANRP) in the future, a lengthy and more transparent process with an opportunity for public input, the agency suggests.

I've long said +90% of the issues associated with flavors are best dealt with by a more sophisticated industry that doesn't rip intellectual property and copyrighted materials or characters from other businesses or industries. The FDA has signaled that absent better self-regulation, the agency itself will act. The agency has given the vapor industry more time to act and there are plenty of examples elsewhere in which self-regulation has stymied destructive regulations. A great example of this is what the Motion Picture Association of America, founded in 1922 to resist growing calls for censorship, continues to do to this day in its regulation of the film industry. No law mandates specific movie standards and the industry regulates and governs itself by imposing restrictions on marketed and advertised products. Think on it and send me your thoughts.

VIDEO: ATR President Grover Norquist on HBO's VICE News

Senate Democrats Attack Decision to Delay Prohibition Day

The week after the FDA announced that the entire vapor industry wouldn't have to shut down next year, 13 Senate Democrats penned a letter to the FDA expressing their discontent with the decision, with a specific focus on their interest in banning flavors. A few excerpts:

• “There is no reason for the Agency to delay oversight of newly-regulated tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and cigars that contain kid-appealing flavors and are actively marketed to children.”
  • “The FDA is failing in its commitment to safeguard public health, especially for children.”
  • “The FDA’s recent announcement allows flavored products - that are clearly targeted to youth - to remain on the market until 2022.”
  • “There is already sufficient evidence about the risks flavored tobacco products pose for youth initiation for FDA to issue a proposed rule to prohibit use of flavors.”
The letter was signed by Democrat Senators Murray (Wash.), Merkley (Ore.) Durbin (Ill.), Feinstein (Calif.), Reed (R.I.), Brown (Ohio), Whitehouse (R.I.), Udall (N.M.), Franken (Minn.), Blumenthal (Conn.), Markey (Mass.), Warren (Mass.), and Van Hollen (Md.).

New Surgeon General Rejects Opportunity to Demonize Vaping
S.gif

79b94fe5-f93e-4623-a845-4f842d61ccfe.jpg

S.gif
S.gif

The nation's Top Doc had his first national public interaction on the topic of vapor products during his Senate confirmation hearing last week. (He's since been confirmed.) A question came from Senator Maggie Hassan (D-N.H) who asked Dr. Adams about the delay of the PMTA filing deadlines and whether he believed it was contradictory to the 2016 Surgeon General's report warning of the dangers vapor products posed to children, largely due in part to flavored products like cotton candy and bubble gum and their appeal to youth.

His response?

"Decreasing the number of people who are consuming both tobacco and nicotine-related products is of upmost importance from a public health point of view. I think it’s important we distinguish between never-smokers and current smokers. And there’s actually a debate going on in the public health community worldwide about the benefits of e-cigarettes and vaping and I think it’s because people are confusing the two..."

The interaction continues but Dr. Adams didn’t take the bait and didn’t demonize flavors, which was the intent of the whole line of questioning. This marks a shift in sentiment about vapor products and signals that from the FDA to the Surgeon General's office, there is an openness to conversations about what logical and fact-based public policy looks like as it relates to tobacco harm reduction. I count this as another win.

S.gif

If you think this email was informative please do forward to friends or colleagues who might be interested in Vapor News and Views! They can subscribe by clicking here.

And if you can't get enough... If you crave even more exclusive information... If want to know more about what's going on in Washington and around the country, get your premium content even quicker with a subscription to Vapor News and Views Pro by emailing me at pblair@atr.org

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Was it you that said they got you for about $100? If so, I'm curious what other juices you got. Also I HIGHLY recommend getting their Perfect Pear next time or asking for it to be one of the 2 samples you get. I'm not even a big pear fan but I can honestly say it was the best and most accurate fruit flavor I've ever tried, it's frickin spectacular lol. So if u order from them again just ask for it to be one of the samples cuz they always let u pick 2, u just need to write it in the comments section

I just ordered a couple from Vape Kitchen, for the first time with them. I got the Perfect Pear, because I love pears and have yet to find a pear juice that's any good, and I got Coconut Custard, because I love coconut and custard.
They'll arrive soon and I'm looking forward to them, but I've never had a true max VG juice. Just heavy VG, but not max. So, I've got some doubts about the latter. I doubt it will wick well in my Kabuki's nor in my Sophia's, leaving the dripper.
If any of you do use max VG in either of them I'd like to hear your experience.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN

I am not a fan of straight fruit flavors, but thanks for the suggestion.
I purchased all of the Earl Grey flavors except for the Macaroon. Very well crafted Earl Grey flavors.
I also purchased the Jasmine Milk Tea.
Got The Nana's French Toast which is
really good as well.
Thanks for the infos,

Last edited:
Reactions: Ipster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread