Best Kit for DIY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
I am looking to try the DIY route on e-liquids....It was suggested that I start out with a kit, then build on that.

I'd be interested in any opinions on DIY starter kits, vendors, tips, experiences, etc. Thanks in advance for any comments. Myself, I'm a sub-ohm guy so any tips in that direction are welcome as well :)

Cheers!

JD
I don't know a kit is always needed. If you cover you basics

Bottles
Medicine syringes
Nic
VG
PG
Flavor concentrates
Maybe some beakers for mixing in ( I personally mix in bottles)
e-liquid calculator

Find a good recipe that has been tested and people sat is good and give it a whirl. Have fun.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I would suggest the same except leave out the beakers, replace syringes with pipettes and add a scale. I mix by weight and all of my flavors have drippers on them so I just drip directly into the bottles. The pipettes are for flavors that don't come with drippers. For hardware, all you really need are pipettes(disposable), bottles, and a scale. Nothing to clean up afterwards. If you plan on making larger batches, you might find it easier with some syringes and beakers but I'd start out with smaller batches. You can always add those later.

For the nic, vg and pg, I put some into squeeze bottles to make it easy to add directly to my mix.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I prefer to mix using a scale and grams. I use the AWS LB 501 scale. it's great, and very sensitive. Make sure there is no fans on above the scale, it's that sensitive.

s-l500.jpg

I use 250ML beakers because they are large enough for me to pour the PG/VG right out of the bottle, and just go by the scale for prefect measurements.

s-l500.jpg

I also use 1000ML glass bottles for my Nic, PG/VG. I don't use needles or pipettes for VG because it is to thick. This is where the 250ML beaker comes in handy because I just get my pour on :) Get some gloves for your nick, and your good to go...

s-l500.jpg

I got a 15 pack of 100ML LDPE Squeezable Dropper Bottles for $13 bucks on Ebay to put my final mix e-juice in.
s-l1600.jpg

The last thing I do is get a bowl fill it half way with hot tap water, sit the beaker in it. The warm water will thin out the VG, and I just mix it with a pipette for a few minutes, and then pour in my 100ML bottle, give it a final good shake, and then it gets a nice cool dark space.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Folks seem to be making suggestions without pointing this out -
Don't think you really need a "kit".
Just find a vendor or three that have the stuff you want and order.

Don't need much glassware. And don't go crazy on flavors: pick a few RECIPES that sound good, then buy the flavors you need to make those. If you pick flavors without a plan to use them, they may well just sit unused.

Personally, I got a bunch of my startup stuff from RTS Vapes - they had nic with a good reputation, and had flavors, and had some glass/bottles I wanted.

But you could also easily go Wiz Labs for nic, pg, vg, and flavors, or almost everything from MyFreedomSmokes.

I'd build your OWN shopping list. You could post it here for comments maybe before buying, too!

SemoJD

Oct 14, 2016
Thanks folks for all the replies...I'm going to do some more research because...well, uhm...uh...I went to the vape shop...and uhm...well....there was a Smok Alien...and...well :rolleyes: a Cloud Beast...and well....I sorta bought 'em, to go with the Alien and Cloud Beast that I already have....gotta have backups, right? So my DIY Liquid Kit will have to be put off until I replenish the finances.:blush::blush::blush:

I'm a total sucker for these things....

Cheers and again, thanks!

JD

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Thanks folks for all the replies...I'm going to do some more research because...well, uhm...uh...I went to the vape shop...and uhm...well....there was a Smok Alien...and...well :rolleyes: a Cloud Beast...and well....I sorta bought 'em, to go with the Alien and Cloud Beast that I already have....gotta have backups, right? So my DIY Liquid Kit will have to be put off until I replenish the finances.:blush::blush::blush:

I'm a total sucker for these things....

Cheers and again, thanks!

JD

lol That is awesome hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread