Best mech mod and battery for .1 ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lately I have been vaping on an aspire cf sub ohm battery at .3 ohms with parallel 24 gauge wire. I get huge clouds. How ever I have been wanting to drop my ohms down to .1 ohms. Which I heard is dangerously low, but I am ready for such low resistance. I heard the sony batteries are by far the best, how ever which battery would one of you vets recommend. And which mech mod or regulated mod would you suggest for such low ohms? Would a Hades mech mod be best, or a copper mech mod?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
So lately I have been vaping on an aspire cf sub ohm battery at .3 ohms with parallel 24 gauge wire. I get huge clouds. How ever I have been wanting to drop my ohms down to .1 ohms. Which I heard is dangerously low, but I am ready for such low resistance. I heard the sony batteries are by far the best, how ever which battery would one of you vets recommend. And which mech mod or regulated mod would you suggest for such low ohms? Would a Hades mech mod be best, or a copper mech mod?

There is really no way to "be ready" for a build of that resistance IMO. As a rule, one shouldn't exceed the battery's Maximum Constant Discharge Amp Rating, purely for safety reasons. There is also no room for error in such a build, especially when just starting out. "Bigger clouds" may be accomplished within safe battery limits by various coiling / wicking techniques. ECF has a forum covering many builds which may be helpful to you:

Coil Builds

I highly recommend reading over this blog, written by ECF's resident battery and safety guru, Baditude:

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

I have written a basic coil building / battery safety guide, which has a chart showing the safe amp limits of many batteries, as well as other important safety information, charts, and links:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/661383-basic-coil-building-safety-beginners.html

At the end of the day, you will be the only one to determine what you are comfortable with, and feel is safe. Please, just read the above info, browse around the forums, and gather the information necessary to get the clouds you desire in the safest manner possible.. :)

EDIT: Regarding devices... There are quite a few good, relatively inexpensive regulated devices on the market now, which offer many safety features compared to a mechanical. These are becoming the devices of choice for many due to these features, as well as consistency in your vape, since the voltage / power level desired is maintained until the battery is drained.. The mechanical device will suffer from voltage drop-off on every draw..

Both types of devices have their following for different reasons, but a good regulated device can offer safety, and be more forgiving than a mechanical for the most part these days IMO.. ;) ECF has forums covering both types to consider for your needs:

Mechmods

Variable Voltage APV Discussion

Last edited:
Reactions: gopher_byrd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread