Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
My favorite come from Super-T manufacturing. They have the ELA telescope set to ship out next week. Still taking pre-orders though. Also with rhodium plated contacts it hits like a beast and never tarnishes. Lifetime warranty too. Their P+ line will become available again after the initial runs of ELA's are out of the way.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Lots of good ones GG, Paps GP, N Zonic, Roller, 69, EA, Guss,ELA, to name a few. The EA is a good place to start not to bad of a price The threads are a little chunky but it has very little voltage loss its very durable and low maintenance.
If you dont like to fiddle with stuff stay away from Mechanical tube mods. You need to clean them on a regular basis to keep them from having voltage drop. The less parts the easier the maintenance.
Ive never had a REO, dont like bottom feeders but if you say something bad about them The REO fans will track you down and kill you;-) They must be a very good device they always get lots of endorsements when this kind of question is asked.

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
So I have a vamo with vivi nova and am looking for something better overall to get that elusive perfect vape!
What are the most highly rated mechanical mods out there.

The Poldiac has silver plated brass contacts and a test I've seen shows that it had a really low voltage drop and it's pretty.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
how is downgrading to an unregulated power source going to help you get that perfect vape?

I use to think the same But I was wrong. I do use my VV/VW devices when Im at work or running around but a good mech with a properly set up RBA or Geny can not be equaled buy anything over the counter IMO. Its not a down grad its just a different way to go.

Regulated cant handle the amp drw of lower resistance coils. It fry's their switches or kicks in the error codes.

Last edited:

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
and why would i make a sub ohm coil?

IMO the flavor and vapor production is way better than what I've tried on regulated devices. I have tried setups on Provaris...I still prefer my mechanicals. It's preference, if you've never tried it you will never know. The only regulated device I'm interested in is a DNA20 mod, I'm waiting on the the Cyborg from Fluid Vapor...20 watt limit and the ability to turn into a mechanical device...it sounds like the best of both worlds.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
how is downgrading to an unregulated power source going to help you get that perfect vape?

I wondered this myself, but when you actually build your own wicks with mesh and kanthal wire and get it 'just right' (were talking .8 ohms here) it IS THEEE perfect vape. And you cant hit that on a regulated device.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
IMO the flavor and vapor production is way better than what I've tried on regulated devices. I have tried setups on Provaris...I still prefer my mechanicals. It's preference, if you've never tried it you will never know. The only regulated device I'm interested in is a DNA20 mod, I'm waiting on the the Cyborg from Fluid Vapor...20 watt limit and the ability to turn into a mechanical device...it sounds like the best of both worlds.
I have a DNA 20 and they are nice! But still cant replace a mech. I like my ODY one the DNA 20

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
I wondered this myself, but when you actually build your own wicks with mesh and kanthal wire and get it 'just right' (were talking .8 ohms here) it IS THEEE perfect vape. And you cant hit that on a regulated device.

i do build my own coils, there is no reason to build a coil so low resistance that you cant use it with a regulated mod, just either use thinner wire or preferedly put more loops (= more surface area = more even temperature = produces more vapor before it burns).

use your head, the power source has nothing to do with flavor or vapor production unless you make a coil incompatible with said power source. I have used unregulated devices and they are ok but regulated devices are just better because a) you can tune the amount of power to the pg/vg ratio of the juice you're currently using and dont have to rebuild your atty because it gets a bit too hot for example b) you're not at the mercy of the battery voltage slowly dropping off as the battery gets empty and get the same experience with an almost empty battery as you do with a full one.

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
use your head, the power source has nothing to do with flavor or vapor production unless you make a coil incompatible with said power source. I have used unregulated devices and they are ok but regulated devices are just better because a) you can tune the amount of power to the pg/vg ratio of the juice you're currently using and dont have to rebuild your atty because it gets a bit too hot for example b) you're not at the mercy of the battery voltage slowly dropping off as the battery gets empty and get the same experience with an almost empty battery as you do with a full one.

I'm using my head...I've plainly stated my PREFERENCE. It sounds like you have zero experience with sub ohm setups on mechanicals. The OP is asking about mechanical devices, not regulated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread