Best Mini Mod for RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
Ive been smoking too many analogs since I lost my Reuleaux. I'm looking to get back into vaping with a more compact/portable setup, really looking for the opposite of my old Reuleaux.
I want something with an internal lipo battery that has pass thru charging while vaping. Also, something that feels like a quality product is important, price is no issue. Temperature control is not a necessity for me, in fact it doesn't even need to be regulated, but I haven't seen unregulated lipo mods.
I usually vape at around 45 watts with a parallel build and was thinking about picking up the Hadaly rda to go with whatever mod I choose.
The only mod that has really caught my eye after browsing briefly is the Reuleaux Mini but the girth may be an issue for stowing in a pocket.
What recommendations do you guys have?

Last edited:

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
Check out the Eleaf iPower, the eVic VTwo, COV Mega Volt, or the Tesla Nano 100. These are all 80+ watt mods with large internal batteries, and are relatively pocket friendly.
I am looking for something smaller than these, ideally in the 2-3000mah range. I always carry an external battery, thats why pass thru charging is important to me. The Tarot Nano seems perfect but I really think it looks like cheap plastic so I won't buy it.

I would go back to a mech mod in 18350 size but no pass thru is a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I am looking for something smaller than these, ideally in the 2-3000mah range. I always carry an external battery, thats why pass thru charging is important to me. The Tarot Nano seems perfect but I really think it looks like cheap plastic so I won't buy it.

I would go back to a mech mod in 18350 size but no pass thru is a deal breaker.
Target Mini? Nugget? Mini Volt? These are 40 - 50 watt mods, but they sound more like the size you're looking for...

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Ive been smoking too many analogs since I lost my Reuleaux. I'm looking to get back into vaping with a more compact/portable setup, really looking for the opposite of my old Reuleaux.
I want something with an internal lipo battery that has pass thru charging while vaping. Also, something that feels like a quality product is important, price is no issue. Temperature control is not a necessity for me, in fact it doesn't even need to be regulated, but I haven't seen unregulated lipo mods.
I usually vape at around 45 watts with a parallel build and was thinking about picking up the Hadaly RDA to go with whatever mod I choose.
The only mod that has really caught my eye after browsing briefly is the Reuleaux Mini but the girth may be an issue for stowing in a pocket.
Modern mods don't have passthrough vaping, technically speaking. Usb simply doesn't provide enough current. Mods cut off charging while the fire button is pressed and continues when it's released. I'd recommend against vaping while charging as it introduces additional strain on the battery. Ideally the battery should have time to cool down before and after charging.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
Currently trying to decide between the evic vtwo and the reuleaux mini. I used to have the original evic vt and it was a decent mod but the rxmini is so much newer so I just expect it to perform better. Has anyone deconstructed the rxmini? I am curious to see if there is wasted space in there and the exact lipo they are using.

Last edited:

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I was gonna get a Reuleaux mini but instead went for the smok osub 80 watt, that is compact compared to my other mods an think it gets me through a full day easily, there is 60watt mini one too but it is only 1200. That would last me two hours. Check out the 80watt osub. I love it an all of my 3 smok mods.
I will have an alien soon an also gonna step up to the rx300. Should get a few days outta that bad boy

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
I usually vape at around 45 watts with a parallel build and was thinking about picking up the Hadaly RDA to go with whatever mod I choose.
Here's my Hadaly. And just get a second battery so that one is always charged
d238341d915fca9b5299e9a91e8a497b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
That pico seems to be highly popular, How is it?? :)
The Pico is only 2 1/2 inches tall (not including the bottle cap type battery cover) and has sort of a race track shape so that it fits nicely in your hand. The firing pin can be fired by your thumb or forefinger.

I have 2 and they appear to be fairly accurate displaying the ohms of the attached atty and I vape similar watts on this and the other mods that I have, so I think the watts displayed is fairly accurate. The display is very clear and easy to read. It is available in a lot of different colors. I have no complaints at all with it. The only limitation that I can think of would be that you can't really go much larger than a 22mm atomizer because of the position of the battery cover.

I don't think you could go wrong having one, even if just as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread