Best mod and Deveice for chain vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
Without a doubt the Reo Grand is the easiest most reliable mod I own - I love the juice feeding feature. It works and it works simply. I also have the GGTS with AVS and I love it too but it is not a easy item - you will be doing a little tinkering regularly. It is also mechanical but it has lots of parts and these parts need to be in unison to work well. Again, I love it but what I have said is also true. I also have a P18, another mechanical which I love, though I admit the button location is not the most comfortable for me - but it's reliable, and simple - just like the Reo's. This one of course does not have a juice feeder, you have many options there too - I just decided to get the vapemate also from Super T - the company that makes the P18. All of these above mods will do 6 volts plus, it depends on your batteries. I have other mods as well but given what you asked I think the Reo or a P18 with some type of juice feeder - Map, Vapemate etc would work well for you. You should also watch the classifieds because they often will have Reos on it - I saw two sell today.

thedeserttortoise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
New mexico
I know you have probably heard enough here.. but I just want to add that 3 weeks ago I posted a thread, as a newbe, seeking the most rugged and dependable PV around. I hike in the desert a lot rock hounding as well as prospecting on over 2000 acres of claims that some friends and I have. I throw my grand in my back pocket while out and just have to remember not to sit on it. I have forgotten to remove it from my back pocket a few times and even sat on it hard enough to bend the atty a bit once. It still worked. I chain vape often while walking long stretches of desert and have found it to be rugged and dependable. I also have a variable voltage Buzz. I like it a lot too.. but it is for around the house. The Reo is the real work horse that few find faults with. Highly recommended. Good luck in your decision process... I'm sure that whatever you decide on will be right. Tortoise

thedeserttortoise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
New mexico
Sounds like a Reo is a dream mod! Why on Earth would anyone want to sell one if they already own one?! Thanks for all the advice here!

I bought my Reo Grand off the classifieds from a guy that really liked the Ali much better. Glad for him and I'm glad for me. The Ali is wood and wouldn't last a week the way I treat them. I really am hard on the thing. At times the juice well looks like a mix of goo and sand from it's use out here in the desert. It's strongest feature in my book is it's totally mechanical build. The positive connection to the addy sockets is a solid piece of spring steel that is insulated and works simply by a push on the lockable button. The button forces the tip of the spring steel onto the top of the 18650 battery and completes the circuit. The negative end on my aluminum Grand is grounded directly to the body of the mod in which the native 510 atty connector is mounted. This is a very solid device. Now. If your lifestyle is such that you are able to limit the abuse served out to your PV I'd suggest you look at some of the wooden bottom feeders. Phidis, the Ali, and of course, Rob's wooden versions of his Reo Mini's and Grands. I myself am looking forward to one more of the Aluminum Grands for my needs. I hope this gives some insight as to why they are sometimes in the classifieds. I think I've seen just about all the PV's made in them at one time or another... just glad I found what I wanted there and didn't have to wait for another release. I can also say that the rapid sell off of the Reo mod's is an example of their appeal. I do know that it won't be long before the models that people are interested in should be available all the time. Rob is picking up more progress as he goes along and I really believe that he will have Reo's available most of the time in a very short period. He really can't help it that his design is so much sought after.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
I am a chain vapor and need an easy device to vape.I have the map tank but having a lot of wicking problems.Looking at juice feed boxes?No problem paying $150 just want a good one and easy to use and long battery life.I like 5 and 6 volt vapping and LR 3.7 vapping.Any auto feed juice boxes?I was looking at the GG AFS V3 with a 510 connectors well.Just tired of spending money and things not working that well.I do have the AW 18650 2900 mah batteries they do last but cartos I hate to keep filling up,Or carrying a bunch around with me dripping is out I am in the boat a lot.I am a adventure boat Cap in the Bahamas.Any ideals?

I'll jump on the REO boat as I'm a bit of REOnaut myself. However, I'm going to also say that I'm equally happy with my Ali'i. Both are excellent mods and it depends on what you want out of it. Reliability and build, I'd say hands down the REO. In fact, besides the beauty of the Ali'i I'd say it has only one advantage that the REO does not which is the needle feed. The needle feed on the Ali'i seems to provide a little bit better flavor concentration.

That said, with a very very minor Mod I've added a needle to my REO and because of that now rank it higher than the Ali'i.

So, if you want durability and strength especially in the rough environment of boat work? I'd say go for the REO. Just be aware that there is (in my opinion) a SLIGHT flavor advantage to the Ali'i.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
The Eclipse EQ coming out next month will be auto feed, vv and use 1-18650 - all the rest noted so far are not auto feed

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/119707-intro-3dfs-alpha-digitalciggz-com-191.html

I am a chain vapor and need an easy device to vape.I have the map tank but having a lot of wicking problems.Looking at juice feed boxes?No problem paying $150 just want a good one and easy to use and long battery life.I like 5 and 6 volt vapping and LR 3.7 vapping.Any auto feed juice boxes?I was looking at the GG AFS V3 with a 510 connectors well.Just tired of spending money and things not working that well.I do have the AW 18650 2900 mah batteries they do last but cartos I hate to keep filling up,Or carrying a bunch around with me dripping is out I am in the boat a lot.I am a adventure boat Cap in the Bahamas.Any ideals?

Last edited by a moderator:

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods

chain vaper here...i use my three reos the most...no wicking problems...i think you would love the grand...or woody if ya like woods..i have been in heaven now that i just fill n go...no carts, filling up, topping off...or dripping constantly...which i still do at home sometimes(drip)....when i leave the house filled bottle, fresh batt...and i just have to grab my reo..long day trips i have a case with 2 reos 2batts,juice..(only cause i like at least 2 flavors)...you can submerge the grand to clean it...no wires...uses a great variety of attys, and cartos...reo is just worth the money and works like it is supposed too...flawlessly...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread