Best mod low budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
I cant seem to find any mvp 2 kits below 50 euro..

Most people now think of the MVP2 as a $40 mod. But until 101vapes here in the US started blowing them out at that price, they were easily a $50-60 mod. Still am on every other US site. $40 is even cheaper than the fast tech price.

Unfortunately, I dont think you can take advantage of the 101vapes price due to be international. fast tech maybe your cheapest option(I am not saying it is your best option necessarily, but probably your cheapest option).

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
isnt fasttech a low quality chinese site?

It is a Chinese site. The MVP2 is a chinese made mod.

As far as 'poor quality', I guess that depends on who you ask.

As I said, it would probably be your cheapest option since you are not stateside, whether it is your best option would be if you want to save 10-20 Euro but have to wait 2-3 weeks and possibly have to deal with shipping problems vs whether you dont care about the 10-20 Euro and just want it as quick as possible. If the former, go with FT, if the later, find the cheapest option from a European vendor.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
yup. still not sure tho. reading about the vamo v5 and it being more stable with the output then the mvp...

That is an interesting statement.

I own a vamo v3. Basically the same thing as a v5 except for cosmetic differences.

I have used an MVP2.

I would not say the vamo surpasses the mvp2 on voltage output.

The vamo has a pretty wide difference in its pwm chipset. The mvp is much more steady. Some say, the closest you can get to a provari without it being a provari for 1/4 the price.

The vamo's have problem with their threading. Mine is only a few months old, and I have a permanently installed airflow controller on it because the threads started to go already. The only downside of the MVP2's threads I have seen is its 510 well can be kinda deep. The MVP2's issue there is an easier fix imo(if you have the issue).

The other difference is the vamo has a changable battery, and can even be used in 18350 mode(although it still it pretty long even in 18350 mode.

Then there is the difference between one being a box mod and one being a tube mod.

IMO, if the MVP2 had a replaceable battery, it would be a no brainer which is the better mod(ie, the MVP2), as long as you are okay with a box mod. Most people would probably say the MVP2 is hands down a better mod than the vamo even without a replaceable battery.

Oh, the other issue with the MVP2 is some have complained about the button being 'extra stiff' to push.

I would personally recommend an MVP2 to a friend over a vamo(unless the person already had 18650 batteries and a charger). In fact, I have recommended an MVP2 to a friend before, and she bought it and it still happy.

Good luck

Last edited:

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Speaking as a Vamo owner, I'd skip the Vamo for either the SVD or MVP for a few dollars more. The vamo functions well but is not well made. Innokin's products are rock solid and both can be had from fasttech for under $50.

Between the SVD ($37 + the cost of batteries) and MVP ($45 for a nice kit), it's about what features and form factor you want. My SVD is my favorite vvmod but you really can't go wrong with MVP either.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
seems I/we never emphasize the fact that the MVP, is a kit...

$39 for just a 'box mod' is still a great deal-
but then throw in the semi cool jewel box it comes in,
the unique power cord supplied,
then choice of two top of the line (popular) clearomizers (i16 or i30)
and just for good measure, they top it off with a bow and include a
shiney beauty/support ring...

boy, What A Deal ! :p (I'll take 6 please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread