Best, Most Dependable (Cleanable?) Clearomizer To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzowk

Dec 20, 2013
Tennessee
Hey Guys -

After using the disposable / refillable nJoys for 3-4 months, I finally bought something called a Clayton Elite at a Shell gas station a few days ago which uses eliquid. Even though Google searches don't show any e-cig related listings for "Clayton Elite", I've examined pics and am about 90% sure it's an eGo battery attached to a CE4 "No Wick" eGo Clearomizer.

I've tried a few eliquids at a local store and so far found just one that I'm ok with. Want to order some online after reading some posts but while doing so thought I may order better hardware, too, if suggested. Also, after about a week of using the hardware, noticed it tasted bad only to search and find out that the Clearomizers go bad / get burnt after a while so went back to the store and bought another Clearomizer for $5.

My Questions
1. Should I just stick with stocking up on new CE4 Clearomizers and swapping weekly or get something cleanable / rebuildable? What's the best eGo Clearomizer? If the ideal one doesn't fit my battery, I'll buy a new battery or even kit. I've heard that many of the rebuildable ones leak often and to therefore get a good one. Don't care about color - just plain jane looking is fine with me...

2. I really enjoyed nJoys a lot and am not one that likes strong flavors or sweet ones. Any suggestions on juice to try? I read one person suggested GoodEJuice GJ4 which I plan to order, but am open to other suggestions, too. My local shop just has sweet flavors which I'm not interested in.

3. Are there any sites to stay away from when ordering? Currently looking at http://www.goodejuice.com just because of theat post mentioning one of their juices.

Think that's about it. Please send any suggestions my way - Thanks!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

While most of what appear to be eGo-type usually are, occasionally you can come across one with odd threading. You might find this helpful as a reference:

egolatest.jpg

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast

bzowk

Dec 20, 2013
Tennessee
Thanks Guys -

I guess pics would have helped. I verified that it's the same battery you have pictured as you can see below, but that it is Clayton Elite for whatever reason.

I found this video on YouTube which shows how to clean the CE4. I tried it on my original one and it seemed to work! Don't know how many times you can do it, though. I'm sure not many.

Lolli: The link you sent seems to be similar or the same thing I have. Maybe a good suggestion for DIY kit, but I got my battery, clearomizer, USB charger, & wall adapter for under $30 at a Shell gas station. Not wanting to replace everything unless find something much better.

F1vefour: I looked at the one you suggested (EVOD) and looks good. Is it cleanable? How long can you go usually before having to clean or replace it?

Harlen: Looks simple, but a good simple as in it just works. How often do you have to replace those?

Here are pics I just took of what I'm using now (Clayton Elite):
EC1.jpg EC2.jpg EC3.jpg

Any other ideas? Thanks!

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
The EVOD is cleanable, I use the same tobacco flavor which burns rather clean. I will clean it maybe twice a month. The Mini ProTank 2 comes totally apart for easy cleaning, I clean it maybe once a week but it's really unnecessary in my case.

If you end up liking anise, citrus, or cinnamon type juices you definitely need something stainless and glass like the Mini ProTank 2 or similar.

Last edited:

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Thanks Guys -

I guess pics would have helped. I verified that it's the same battery you have pictured as you can see below, but that it is Clayton Elite for whatever reason.

I found this video on YouTube which shows how to clean the CE4. I tried it on my original one and it seemed to work! Don't know how many times you can do it, though. I'm sure not many.

Lolli: The link you sent seems to be similar or the same thing I have. Maybe a good suggestion for DIY kit, but I got my battery, clearomizer, USB charger, & wall adapter for under $30 at a Shell gas station. Not wanting to replace everything unless find something much better.

F1vefour: I looked at the one you suggested (EVOD) and looks good. Is it cleanable? How long can you go usually before having to clean or replace it?

Harlen: Looks simple, but a good simple as in it just works. How often do you have to replace those?

Here are pics I just took of what I'm using now (Clayton Elite):
View attachment 288207 View attachment 288208 View attachment 288209

Any other ideas? Thanks!

That is a basic eGo battery branded with a company name. And that is a basic ce4 clearomizer, disposable.

Try Discount Vapers to get inexpensive hardware
DiscountVapers - Your source for savings on electronic cigarettes and accessories, Go-go eGo, vGo

bzowk

Dec 20, 2013
Tennessee
Guys - Thanks again for comments.

I ran by the local vapor shop on the way home last night. They had a few of the things we discussed in stock. I decided to try a T3 just because it was only $7 compared to the minitank which was ~$20. It's wasn't an issue of spending the money, but having to explain to wife so didn't feel like it last night. :)

After purchase, I decided to fill it up on the car. I unscrewed the bottom and started filling it (being careful not to get any in the small metal tube). All of a sudden, I found out that it had leaked from the mouthpiece all over my pants. Do I have flawed hardware or is that normal? If normal, would this not then leak when carrying around? I've had to put a piece of electrical tape on top of it when carrying in my bag today,

Thanks -

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Guys - Thanks again for comments.

I ran by the local vapor shop on the way home last night. They had a few of the things we discussed in stock. I decided to try a T3 just because it was only $7 compared to the minitank which was ~$20. It's wasn't an issue of spending the money, but having to explain to wife so didn't feel like it last night. :)

After purchase, I decided to fill it up on the car. I unscrewed the bottom and started filling it (being careful not to get any in the small metal tube). All of a sudden, I found out that it had leaked from the mouthpiece all over my pants. Do I have flawed hardware or is that normal? If normal, would this not then leak when carrying around? I've had to put a piece of electrical tape on top of it when carrying in my bag today,

Thanks -

OK, so the T3 and the T3S are slightly different. When I fill either, I tend to get a drop or two out the drip tip end. Almost unavoidable. (unless you have a syringe to hand....)
I haven't use the "original" Kanger T3 for over a year now. All mine leaked and leaked, and then some. However, the T3S has been in service now for 5 months and is almost trouble-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread