Best Mouth to Lung Tanks and Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamiam

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2016
Hello, new to this forum and new to vaping but learning and enjoying cig-free for the last three months. Started with a simple pen-style kit from NJOY at the beginning of the year and added Aspire K1 and Nautilus Mini tanks. Upgraded to Wismec Presa TC75W and Cubis to see what temperature control is all about. Did not enjoy the flavor of the TC coils on Cubis so ordered some Triton Mini Ni 0.15 ohm coils to see how it tastes on Nautilus Mini.

So I'm looking for some recommendations on what is the best Mouth to Lung tank and coil combination would be for flavor. Airflow on K1 and Nautilus Mini is fine for me and wide-open setting on Cubis seemed overwhelming for me after 40 years of smoking, although after a week it is growing on me. I'm thinking of getting Triton Mini as main everyday tank with Nautilus as backup. I like the idea of them both using the same set of coils.

As far as TC goes, not seeing much of a benefit if I'm vaping for most times under 20W. I'm anxious to see how the Ni coil taste. 1.5 ohm Clapton coil in Cubis taste pretty good, almost as flavorful as the 1.8 ohm coils in Nautilus Mini and K1. Is there a correlation? SS coils in Cubis were horrid.

I would love to hear from other MTL hitters out there and what you are using.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
My wife used nauti mini's for a while and still likes hers. I got her 2 triton minis a week or so back and she likes them even more. It uses the same coils as the mini for non TC and there are claptons and a couple of TC coils too. It's top fill and a larger range of airflow over the nautilus. A kabuki is another option uses nautilus coils, but they're not cheap. There are RTA's with tighter airflow but you have to build.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
The flavor does step up in the triton mini over the nautilus. We don't have anything TC but I do use the claptons for her and they were around $11 a box at my freedom smokes less than the regular nautilus. The top fill works good the top ring closes juice flow when filling so there's no flooding. Over all she likes it and said flavor is a lot better. We're still playing with wattage and airflow but so far it's been positive.

Reactions: iamiam

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    So glad to hear that someone else actually likes their Aspire K1 tanks. Sometimes I like mine more than the Nautilus. ;)

While many tanks air flow can be adjusted down to be as restrictive as the Nautilus, the Nautilus (both mini and full size) are decent and reliable tanks for M2L users. Outfitted with a 3rd party "RBA" the chains to factory coils can be broken and the true potential of these tanks can be unleashed.

(I'm currently happily puffing away on a full size Nautilus with a 0.5 ohm Ti01 coil in TC mode.)

Kyi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    I had a Nautilus mini and gave it away, but then bought another one. For me personally, they are just okay. Maybe it's just the coils I have or I didn't break them in well enough, but they always seem kinda tight and scratchy. And not like tight draw tight because I like a tighter MTL draw, but I have to pull harder than I should to get a vape. Even when I open it up, I still feel like I taking a huge rip just to get a decent puff. I am trying the Triton coils right now, but still not very impressed. I really want it to work, so I am gonna fiddle with it and try a different juice and new coil.

Personally, I really like the Kayfuns, but I get lazy sometimes about rebuilding or rewicking and like to have tanks with coil heads. I would like more options myself. I may get a Kabuki clone to see how the Triton coils do in there (if they fit).

I loved my Kayfun 3.1 and Kayfun Lite Plus. These days I MTL mostly on my Squape[R], which has been performing hands down the best so far. If you like small atomizers, the best I have used so far is the Pico. Just brilliant flavour, perfect for 50/50 juices and high nic content. As you've been a heavy smoker, MTL on higher nic juices is the way to go. But the Pico is a fiddly b@$tard. I use TC on my Pico and its just perfect.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I loved my Kayfun 3.1 and Kayfun Lite Plus. These days I MTL mostly on my Squape[R], which has been performing hands down the best so far. If you like small atomizers, the best I have used so far is the Pico. Just brilliant flavour, perfect for 50/50 juices and high nic content. As you've been a heavy smoker, MTL on higher nic juices is the way to go. But the Pico is a fiddly b@$tard. I use TC on my Pico and its just perfect.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'll have to try the Squape(R) and the Pico. I've been a Kayfun vaper for years and I'm used to a draw that's like a filter cigarette. I try not to spend so much time inhaling. Most of the time I'm inhaling shallowly and exhaling through the nose just to prevent so much PG and VG from coating my lungs. I inhale about half the time, but it's always MTL.

I recently bought the Orchid V4 and the Lemo Drop. They are good tanks, but aren't that great when you turn the airflow down to the level of the Kayfun 3.1 or V2.

Reactions: firefield

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While a company called 'VVTF' does make a RBA for the Nautilus, the V1 coil heads are more desirable than the V2 heads:
    1451470272650579499.jpg

Photo above of the V1 head, below of the V2:
    kabuki_rba_deck.jpg

While the 2.0ml mini has the same chamber and coil heads as the full sized 5.0ml Nautilus, oddly the mini has better flavor. Both are good M2L tanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread