Best MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peki

May 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am Peter from Belgium, 30 yo. New to the forum, but not to vaping - been around for about 10 years now, always trying new stuff. Back from the old days where my first e-cig was looking like a very long normal one which lit up with a red light at the top and the battery had its own specific charger to nowadays where I have a 'boxmod' I guess - an Eleaf temp control unit which I only use in the wattage mode :) My interest has always been the same: not too much hassle, the best imitation of a normal cigarette (not 'looks' wise but in the 'draw' and the amount of vapor and throat hit), and the last few years: the least amount of leaking and cleaning... Always changing up different tanks to find the best to suit my needs, and never 'really' getting there... My last three tanks: the cubis, the cleito and the nautilus 2. Cubis: very satisfied with the not leaking part, but had to change coils every 2 days or so and some where really bad from the beginning. Cleito: bad recommendation at one of my local shops, not a good mtl vape. Nautilus 2: leaking very badly. I do use a high PG fluid because this is my favorite...

So now, my question: what do you guys recommend for someone like me? Least amount of leakage with a high PG fluid, and good MTL vape, with not too much hassle and settings...

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Opinionated

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Sounds like my style of vaping. I don't think the mod part matters too much as long as you can use a low wattage range. My tanks of choice are the Tron-s/Ego One using the CLR coils and a Kayfun Lite that I coil myself. I also still use Protank II style tanks. I also use the Nautilus (but not my favorite). I prefer 70-80% PG unflavored liquid.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I bought 3 x Cubis tanks when they came out just like I bought 3 x Mini Nautilus back whenever. I also have 2 x Tron and 2 x Eleaf (GS coils).
To me, the Cubis never made the grade initially BUT success with that tank depends totally on the coil you choose and then understanding the watt range (and not blindly trusting what Joyetech write on the coil, which is unreliable).
Today, the Cubis is my favorite of all those tanks. I get up to 2 weeks per coil and it's my go to tank for taking with me 9-5. Mostly I use the 0.6 (AIO) coils never under 12w (gurgles) and rarely over 18w (burn) unless it's a bit flooded. The others work too but only in certain power bands, or you just kill them in 24 hours or (like the dreadful 0.5ohm) they spit and gurgle and vape very poorly.
It's not a bad tank; you just need to understand it. Taste is better than GS and coil price is lower than Nautilus range.
The Tron (CLR) is a different beast. Also good IF you know what you are doing.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
If you can build your own coils and wicks, IMO my favourite MTL tank is the Taifun GT2, also the Kayfun v3+ Mini the Flash-e-Vapor v3 and the Origen OT22. I also run a Bellus in single-coil mode with nearly every airhole shut off.

I think that out of all those, the Taifun GT2 is my absolute favourite. :D

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Yay another mtl vaper. I've got a few and they're all easy-ish.
Gotta be building your own a lot of the time.

I recommend an kayfun mini v3.
If you don't want to build then I suggest the nautilus V1. I haven't got a 2 so I can't comment. The nautilus is good.

My favourite mtl vape is a heron v1 but they are a little more fiddly than a kayfun mini so mini it is.

If you don't want to build then I've heard good things about the kabuki.

Best of luck :thumb:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello everyone,

I am Peter from Belgium, 30 yo. New to the forum, but not to vaping - been around for about 10 years now, always trying new stuff. Back from the old days where my first e-cig was looking like a very long normal one which lit up with a red light at the top and the battery had its own specific charger to nowadays where I have a 'boxmod' I guess - an Eleaf temp control unit which I only use in the wattage mode :) My interest has always been the same: not too much hassle, the best imitation of a normal cigarette (not 'looks' wise but in the 'draw' and the amount of vapor and throat hit), and the last few years: the least amount of leaking and cleaning... Always changing up different tanks to find the best to suit my needs, and never 'really' getting there... My last three tanks: the cubis, the cleito and the nautilus 2. Cubis: very satisfied with the not leaking part, but had to change coils every 2 days or so and some where really bad from the beginning. Cleito: bad recommendation at one of my local shops, not a good mtl vape. Nautilus 2: leaking very badly. I do use a high PG fluid because this is my favorite...

So now, my question: what do you guys recommend for someone like me? Least amount of leakage with a high PG fluid, and good MTL vape, with not too much hassle and settings...

Thanks in advance!

My two favorite MTL tanks are the Kabuki - takes nautilus coils but the flavor and experience is AMAZING.. definite emphasis on amazing for this tank. (Seriously, the vape is just genius)

Secondly, for a rebuildable, my favorite is the Kayfun 4. Once I got the build right I've never had a leak one.. I've got the Kayfun 5 as well and it's a great tank also, less parts and perhaps easier for someone who never had a kayfun before..

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Verdict - if you're a vaper who likes the classic MTL, flavour-chasing experience and also wants the option of tailoring their vape to just how they like it, and also to save a lot of money, then getting some form of Kayfun is an absolute must.

You can get decent clones of all kinds of Kayfuns, starting at something ridiculous like USD$6, and maybe USD$11-16 for the 'expensive' ones.

I know that Fasttech do a decently-reviewed Kayfun V3 for around USD$8 and you can get a Kayfun V5 for around USD$12.

I like the look of the Kayfun V5 Mini, but those tend to cost a few bucks more AFAICT...

Reactions: David Wolf

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everyone,
Thanks in advance!
Welcome and glad you joined. I never vaped on a tank for any length of time. I would look into RDTA's for high PG.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs

Reactions: David Wolf

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Kayfun fan here. The KF5 is very easy to build on (Mtl kit is a must in it) The KF3 mini is great as well. Love my Nautilus tanks as well.. surprised you have leaking in the N2. I've had no problems with mine find it very pocket friendly. I vape 50/50 juice as well.... if you can wait a little the new Kayfun should be coming out soon.. the Digiflavor Siren is also another MTL tank to look into.. affordable as well..

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
I'm not a MTL vaper but a lot of friends who are and other then the amount it holds the Kabuki is really a nice vape.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
First of all the cleito is a sub ohm tank & at first my Nautilus 2 leaked & I did the same as above. Alot of people do overfill it. It's my favourite tank & the rest of the recommendations I second them too.
If your gonna u build the Kayfun is awesome.
I don't really build much though so the nautilus mini & other nautilus tanks do me well for a good MTL vape.
If your doing MTL on the cubis it's okay but the sub ohm tanks girgle an spit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread