Best Non Sub-ohm tank? (Can I use the Kanger Sub Tank Mini for non sub-ohming?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merridew

Feb 24, 2015
New York
I'm always looking to improve my vaping experience, but am not sure about sub-ohming because of the dangers involved.

The Kanger subtank seems like a great tank and easy to rebuild but seems like the higher I could go with is is 1 ohm? Am I wrong?

I'm looking for something I can build without too much hassle. I plan on building 1.0 to 1.9 ohm coils.

Thanks for your help.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I currently have a 1.7 coil in my ST mini, with only one air hole open. Vapes fine. And it IS easy to build on. :) Hardest part is getting the air flow "right" for your build, as they do seem to be more oriented to sub-ohm.

One alternative (or many) would be a Kayfun type. EhPro makes a good one, as does Tobeco. The single coil versions are easy to build and good performers for those of us who aren't cloud chasers :)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I'm always looking to improve my vaping experience, but am not sure about sub-ohming because of the dangers involved.

The Kanger subtank seems like a great tank and easy to rebuild but seems like the higher I could go with is is 1 ohm? Am I wrong?

I'm looking for something I can build without too much hassle. I plan on building 1.0 to 1.9 ohm coils.

Thanks for your help.
There is no danger if one has good equipment, a clear understanding of Ohm's law and battery function/safety. If not... then yeah, you can hurt yourself, and even those around you.

The primary advantage of sub-ohm - or just a general lower resistance than the one you're using - is a greater coil surface area... other desirable factors, like good flavor, can easily and often be obtained without resorting to low resistance.

Why is surface area such a big deal? All other factors being equal, particularly coil temperature and time-to-temperature... greater surface area means more juice is vaporized for a given set of values. This may improve subjective flavor... or, it may only increase vapor production/density.

Speaking of subjective perception... the juice blend itself becomes a critical variable at lower resistances... with a high percentage or straight VG becoming the popular juice of choice.
High VG may not flow well in many of the current Kayfun and Taifun designs. In my (unmodified) KFL+ and R91% attys, I rarely run below 1.0Ω... but in those attys I also use a juice with a VG content no greater than 70%.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

Thanks for your help.

You can build whatever coil you want on the subtank.

There are 1.8 ohm replacement occ coils for the subtank.

I've got a 3 ohm 30 gauge coil on one of my rda's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread