Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Just want everyone to know that I won’t be around much and to pass along a little. This year has not ended the best it could have with some health issues declining (no I’m not dying lol ) but my mom did recently passed on the 28th. Who at my age of 65 can say they still had a living parent….I’ve been fortunate. She passed easily in her sleep never experiencing any pain. I will spend 2016 spending less time away from this electronic box and more with my wife and grandkids (if they will put up with me). I have cheaply sold and given away all my toys due to the need of greatly reducing vaping . I have been getting generous offers of help which I don’t need (but appreciate) and yet still some have sent things (stop it plz). So the purpose of this post to make it clear I need NOTHING nor can I use ANYTHING except kind thoughts and wishes for a better next year. :) To that one gifted skilled person so took the time to make something special via another anonymous person (you know who you are even tho I don’t) I’d be crazy and disrespectful not to except your gift. I will poke in occasionally and post some smarta$$ comment causes that what I do. :laugh: So to Rob and all those in and out of REOville a HAPPY NEW Year and years to follow.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I second Brett!! You better pop in from time to time. Yes you're quite fortunate to have had your mom as long as you did, and glad she passed easily and without pain. Still that's a hard thing to deal with. (((((((((Gil))))))))) glad you're semi ok, but hate that you're dealing with all the health issues. Will miss you not bein around much, but will be glad to see ya when ya do darlin!! Enjoy that time with your family as much as you can!!!

hope 2016 is a better year for you!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Heartfelt best wishes to you, Gil. Do as you see best, of course, but know that you'll always be a part of this community - once a 'Naut, always a 'Naut. vaping or not, your experience and wit would be very welcome if you decide to pop in. Take care, buddy.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
*sniff*. I'm gonna miss you (I already do) something fierce. Please do drop in......often.

I'm so sorry about your mother. I'm a year older than you and I still have my (86 yr. old) mother, and she's as healthy as a horse. I know how lucky I am.

{{{hugs}}}

Jan

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
<3 i'm heading into 2016 with some health declines myself, and, it's shocking, scary, and seemingly unfair.. but we must live with what god hands us. I hope that you will have a great start to 2016 otherwise, unsure. we love ya. <3 keep a smile on yur face eh?

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
Im sorry to "hear" of your troubles. Youre a staple of this community and despite your words, i hope youre wrong and will be around these parts fairly often. Do whats best for you and your family and know that everyone here is honored to have you around. Best of luck brother

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@unsure - Gil I will miss your posts... there are a few people who always are worth reading and you are one of them! I understand where you are coming from... but please do pop in every now and again to say hi and give us some of your wisdom... and show us some wood pics! ;)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Time not spent with the ones you love is time you'll never get back with them. So I fully understand the break Gil, wish you and your family well.

I'm the oldest one left from both sides of my family. I'm pretty sure I'd have some younger cousins still kicking around somewhere, but I haven't seen or been in contact with them for 30-50 or more years. My seldom seen son is the only family. I'm gearing up in hopes of also taking a long break too. Travel is hard for me, but there are some very special to me places/haunts from my life I want to spend some time at one last time before I'm done.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
2016 didn't start out well for me either. I haven't talked about it much yet, but here goes:
I lost my son on 12/30/15. He was a fine 35 year old young man, with a great life going for him. Unfortunately, he couldn't see what others saw, and decided to end it. Nobody saw this coming; not his friends, nor other family members. I certainly didn't, and we talked, either through text, phone, or Messenger, nearly every day. He lived in the Central New York area, and as soon as I got the news, from my daughter, I headed North. It has been a very trying time for all of us who loved him. I'm back in Florida, still trying to make sense of it all. But it has made me realize how precious life is, and how important it is to never miss the opportunity to spend time with loved ones, and to let them know how loved they are.
Sorry if I hijacked the thread; but I just had to let my Reoville friends know where I'm at.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thank you for the kind words and prayers. What makes this so devastating is that just a day or so prior, we had been talking about whatever car he was thinking of leasing, next year, when his current lease is up. He was excited about his new iPhone 6s, that he just got in early December. No obvious indications of depression, other than the situational stuff we all deal with, from time to time. According to others who were close to him, he wasn't into illicit substances; in fact, he was quite anti. Not a heavy drinker either.
I just don't get it; the deep inner workings of people's minds, while everything appears fine on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread