best ohm meter epic thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
Okay guys I know this has been posted before but I cant get a clear answer I am looking for the absolute best ohm meter on the market!!

I keep getting the plastic square ohm meters that everyone has and they keep breaking!!! Its really annoying that I can only test 1 coil before it breaks so I am looking for better options!!

Money is no object here I just want the best

My ideal ohm meter would be made of metal and also be able to check voltage but it had to be sturdy and ready for the long haul in testing coils

Please post up wuat you know and where to get it

Thanks all :vapor:

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
right on. I'd like a metal, bombproof ohm meter as well.

I am happy with my USA OHM METERS , but they only come in plastic. They do sell a DIY kit, so if you're handy with a soldering iron and can source an aluminum or steel enclosure (or find someone that is), that might be a good option.

there is also this one: Vaperev Shop - Sub Ohm Meter - Tools - Accessories -- but I'm not sure of the body material or how it performs and holds up.

of course, you can just buy a high end multimeter. that's probably the best option for build quality, durability, and accuracy...but this will be less convenient.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
No I was thinking more of just dedicated ohm tester with 510 connection
I am happy with my USA OHM METERS
USA Ohm Meters used to be SunnyVaping... and they've been making this same device now for a few years. As far as Ohm boxes go, perhaps one of the better ones, and if you have a problem, they're in Florida, not China. ;-)

I've owned the same Fluke 88 since they were introduced in 1990... and the only thing I've replaced is batteries.
Because milliohm DMMs are specialized, have limited value as a general purpose meter... and are not inexpensive, I bought a "half-ohm" milliohm adaptor from Jaanus Kalde at Tech-Thing Electronics in Estonia, for $20. Works great.
yes.gif

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
USA Ohm Meters used to be SunnyVaping... and they've been making this same device now for a few years. As far as Ohm boxes go, perhaps one of the better ones, and if you have a problem, they're in Florida, not China. ;-)

I've owned the same Fluke 88 since they were introduced in 1990... and the only thing I've replaced is batteries.
Because milliohm DMMs are specialized, have limited value as a general purpose meter... and are not inexpensive, I bought a "half-ohm" milliohm adaptor from Jaanus Kalde at Tech-Thing Electronics in Estonia, for $20. Works great.
yes.gif

I am on my way to Florida as we speak I wonder if I can grab one!! But I will check that link out

Anyone know about that metal one Fasttech sells I am just so scared to order from there

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
not sure on the accuracy (pretty sure the usa ohm meters are more accurate) but heres a nice appearing ohm box- The Omnitester by SmokTech. construction looks sturdy. it reads resistance as well as voltage. usb charging.

The Omnitester

That looks pretty good

Hmmmm how about we shift this thread a little what are your.guys ideas for custom ohm readers like tha t are made out of unique things perhaps made out of a 5 hr energy bottle or something lol??

old_geezer

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
Lansing, MI USA
I've got a couple Ohm testers. But they are all so cheezy. If I want a accurate test I just use my SVD/MVP 2.0 Then again I don't sub ohm so that might be a stupid idea for many. The only cheap box one that seems to be half accurate for me is a SMOK one I have with internal 900mAh rechargeable battery. The rest are all over the place. My SMOK one, and the SVD, and the MVP 2.0 are always in agreement with each other within .1 Ohm which is all I need.
- Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread