Best PG VG ratio for clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
I find that it depends on the clearomizer.

With the Stardust type, (Vision eGo Clearomizer 2.1-2.4 Ohm), 50/50 and even 40/60 (pg/vg) both work great. I have even used 100% vg in them and they still work fine, but you must allow extra time for the wicking.

With the EMDCC, (Clear eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, Flat Tip), I have tried many different combos up to and including 100% vg and have good results from all of them, but again, it does take longer to get them wicked properly as the % of the vg increases.

However, with the Vision type clearomizers, (Vision 3.5ml 2.0-2.2 Ohm Clearomizer), I find that if I use anything higher than 50%vg, I will be sucking so hard to get a a hit that I almost turn purple in my face. For me, this is a small problem as many of my favorite juices cannot be used in the completely clear types of clearomizers as they can damage the plastic. (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html). For those juices, I must use an opaque clearomizer.

~Tiger

A popular vendor explained to me that many devices are made for the mass population that use high PG. That is why many end users that use different ratios have different experiences with devices.

I mainly use 70/30 PG/VG and have never had any issues with clearos.

I would say buy one (which ever style your prefer) and try it with your juice and go from there.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I've used LR and STD Vision clearos and knockoffs, that hold 1.6ml juice and buy mainly 100% VG although some vendors say their flavors have up to 20% PG in them...and no issues with taste or vapor. When I dial up my ego twist batts I do get even better flavor/vapor, but there's a fine line because suddendly can taste burnt so I dial it down again till I find the sweet spot. My ego 650 batts give the least flavor etc. but I use them sometimes because they are little and can carry them around easier than the longer batteries. Haven't tried clearos at higher than the 4.8 on the twist dial. I wonder how'd they work on my 5 volt 510 passthroughs....but been afraid to try for fear of ruining them LOL

arc2029

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Excellent, I got nothing under a 50/50 ratio in my newest juice order from ECBlend. Can't wait to try them out.

I have found that ECBlend's 50/50 juices work THE BEST in my clearos. I prefer them over 100% VG and 70/30, both of which I have found give the occasional dry hit. Haven't encountered a single burnt taste with ECBlend's 50s though. Vanilla cupcake and Dragon's Blood are the best juices out of all that I have tried in clearos.

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
I find that it depends on the clearomizer.

With the Stardust type, (Vision eGo Clearomizer 2.1-2.4 Ohm), 50/50 and even 40/60 (pg/vg) both work great. I have even used 100% vg in them and they still work fine, but you must allow extra time for the wicking.

With the EMDCC, (Clear eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, Flat Tip), I have tried many different combos up to and including 100% vg and have good results from all of them, but again, it does take longer to get them wicked properly as the % of the vg increases.

However, with the Vision type clearomizers, (Vision 3.5ml 2.0-2.2 Ohm Clearomizer), I find that if I use anything higher than 50%vg, I will be sucking so hard to get a a hit that I almost turn purple in my face. For me, this is a small problem as many of my favorite juices cannot be used in the completely clear types of clearomizers as they can damage the plastic. (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html). For those juices, I must use an opaque clearomizer.

~Tiger

Good info as I am about to switch to clearomizers. What brand(s) of opaque units would you reccomen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread