Best place to buy VG juice? Need it quick and cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PG is killing us. My husband and I both are drinking about 10 gallons of water a day (OK I might be exaggerating just a bit)! We are not sleeping because we are waking up to drink water then waking up again to relieve ourselves of the water and it's a vicious cycle! I think it's time to try some VG.

We currently vape 24mg strength of PG. When I order the VG should we stick to the same strength or how does it compare to PG?

I'm on the east coast. Best place to buy it to get it here fast without breaking my wallet?

Thanks in advance!

bifff257

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Florida
PG is killing us. My husband and I both are drinking about 10 gallons of water a day

This is just my observation because I vape mostly VG liquid but I have the same dry throat issue as PG liquid....

I think it is something that you deal with as part of vaping, then again my month was always dry with analogs too....

This is just my observation because I vape mostly VG liquid but I have the same dry throat issue as PG liquid....

I think it is something that you deal with as part of vaping, then again my month was always dry with analogs too....
So you don't think switching to VG will help? I thought I read some posts a couple weeks ago where people were using VG so they don't get such dry mouth. Darn!

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I think I really just need to stop vaping so much at night. I definitely vape more than I ever smoked. I know my nic intake is way higher than it was when I was a smoker. It just tastes so darn good!

I bought some vg liquid to try awhile ago. It was just as drying to my throat as the pg is. I noticed no difference in that area.
OK my mind is made up. I will not waste money on VG if it isn't going to make a difference. That's two of you now that have said you are still dry. Thanks ya'll!

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think I really just need to stop vaping so much at night. I definitely vape more than I ever smoked. I know my nic intake is way higher than it was when I was a smoker. It just tastes so darn good!

There's part of your problem- we enjoy vaping, and we can do it almost everywhere, so we tend to overindulge.
Fight the urge to just vape constantly, put down your e-cig every now and then, and think of it as taking a break again.
I know I still go outside to vape at work, and it keeps my intake far lower... though the extra water intake has actually been a plus to me. I haven't felt this good in a while :)

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
After a few weeks you get used to it just like you did with analogs not making you want to immediately cough when you took a hit. Also, the dryness in your throat could be the throat hit you get with 24mg. I notice my 24mg liquid has a little too much TH (throat hit) for me so I mix it with 1/3 wilton's glycerine (2 drops 24mg, 1 drop wiltons). It takes the "roughness" out. I'm not a mathmatecian but by my calculations, that brings the nic strength down to about 18mg but if you vape constantly like I do, the lower the strength, the better. You want just enough nicotine to not make you want an analog.

Last edited:

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
I've been noticing the dry throat, too. Wondered if I was the only one.

I'm smoking 555 from Vapor Country right now. It's a very STRONG flavor, but I wouldn't really say the throat hit is all that bad, unless you get a HUGE hit. Direct inhale is a bad idea with it, though... haha.

I don't mind drinking the extra water. I love water.

Edit: HAHA. Notice I said "I'm SMOKING 555." Old habits die hard. :oops:

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
it's normal to get a dry throat at first. I read that pg/vg are humectants which draws moisture in but in this case, its drawing moisture from your throat. I don't know if thats true but it makes sense. It goes away after a couple of weeks if you keep vaping. I didn't think I was gonna get through it because I got sick a couple of days after I started vaping and it was horrible because my throat was already raw. Now I only notice a little dryness in my throat in the mornings and I've been vaping daily for over a month. It goes away when I take a drink though.

Grateful

Nov 3, 2009
St. Paul, MN
Today is my one month anniversary of vaping... no analogs (20+/day) after 36 years!

But, the 1st 2 weeks I was miserable with extreme dry/raw throat, canker sores, cuts on my tongue, and real sore muscles, so much so that I didn't know how long I could do it. After 2 weeks, I started diluting my PG based 18 mg nic juice with 40% VG or Homco Glycerin (Walmart $3.) to get around 12 mg nic... irritation diminished, although my throat still gets dry (not raw) so I drink more water. I lost some flavor, so added a little mint flavoring, and suck on lozenges which helps create saliva. I really like vaping VG & PG so much better, the only downfall is I think the VG makes my hair oily.

I owe my success thus far to the veteran's on this site, to blue foam cart mod for my 510, adding VG, and a will power I thought I had lost. My self confidence has risen greatly, and I have no desire to ever go back. Thanks Again everyone!!!

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Way to stick with it to get away from analogs. And since you are cutting the juice you are also reducing your nic, and you might just be nic free in no time.. :D
Today is my one month anniversary of vaping... no analogs (20+/day) after 36 years!

But, the 1st 2 weeks I was miserable with extreme dry/raw throat, canker sores, cuts on my tongue, and real sore muscles, so much so that I didn't know how long I could do it. After 2 weeks, I started diluting my PG based 18 mg nic juice with 40% VG or Homco Glycerin (Walmart $3.) to get around 12 mg nic... irritation diminished, although my throat still gets dry (not raw) so I drink more water. I lost some flavor, so added a little mint flavoring, and suck on lozenges which helps create saliva. I really like vaping VG & PG so much better, the only downfall is I think the VG makes my hair oily.

I owe my success thus far to the veteran's on this site, to blue foam cart mod for my 510, adding VG, and a will power I thought I had lost. My self confidence has risen greatly, and I have no desire to ever go back. Thanks Again everyone!!!

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
I had the same harshness issue when I started, ordered VG from dawn and found out the throat hit wasn't there for me on most juices, so I order my Johnson Creek reduced PG in 24 MG, and put the Wilton's Glycerine in the 3 ml bottle that comes with JC(very verry small ammount 1/8" from the bottom) and fill with JC and have a good smooth vape that is a little rough when I need it and totally smooth when I can't have as much throat hit. The glycerine is a life saver in ANY PG juice. I would also try tasty vapor and get a mix tho, I am when I order juice next. Good luck!

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I will also concur with the glycerin.. The nic levels as well. I have been vaping for two months now. Not really very long.. but I ordered several flavored nic juices , from different companies.. both PG and VG.. never to find one that didnt dry my mouth out. After the first month, I decided to start mixing my own - getting my inventory from DIYflavorshack.com.
When I started vaping.. I ordered premixed with 24 mg nic.(problem number one)
I started mixing and found that if I take 24mg nic unflavored with vg base. I add 1.5 mg of this in a 5 mil dropper bottle, then I add .75 to 1 mil of glycerin ( Wiltons glycerin in most grocery stores at the cake decorating isle 3 to 4 dollars), Then, I start with a flavor doubler- simply a bottle of flavoring concentrate... add .75 mil first..
cap your bottle and shake. load a fresh cart with this and test. If the throat hit is good enough- not too heavy and not too light (where you want it) don't add any glycerin or nic. Too much throat hit.... you will have to start over and reduce both nic and glycerine. I always start with 1.5 nic juice and .75 glycerin-- then, you can work the glycerin upwards to 1 mil by .05 mil increments til you get the throat hit you want.
Once you are there, work with the flavor. If the flavor is too subtle, add in more flavor in .10 mil increments till you like the taste.
I always practice around with this until I am satisfied with each flavor and I keep a journal of all my mixes .. so, I can replicate them whenever necessary.
After doing this, i found that I reduced my nic in half .. and continue to take it away little by little.. and I no longer have the dry mouth because of lower nic levels and a little higher concentration of glycerine ( aqueous glycerine is better at lubricating but a little more expensive than what you can get at the grocery store).
Anyway, good luck in your findings and stick with it.
Tom

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Personally I like VG much better... It is thicker, meaning less drops needed to fill a cart and juice may last longer.. holds better without leaking with the blue foam mod, puts off more vapor, less side effects as the pg.. no side effects really.

Try Terry (from 510 youtube reviews), on my signature.. I got 3 months of liquid for $80. Great customer service. The mg. strength in the liquid itself is what gives throat hit... PG is useless and old school. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread