Best ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I recently started to DIY my juice, I lean toward tobacco flavors, at the present I'm using premixed 70/30 vg/pg 3mg nicotine. Now to my question, am I better off going to a 50/50 blend or leaving it the way it is? I read on a few places that higher vg is best for fruit flavors, thus my question. I'm not looking for throat hit, am I over thinking this?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It's funny you've read that about fruit flavours because the usual rule is that PG carries flavour better than VG. High VG proportions can mute flavour.

If you're happy with what you have, you might as well stick with it. Don't fix what isn't broken. If you'd like to bring out the flavour more you might try increasing your PG level. Ultimately it's a personal choice; whatever you like best is right.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I make my eliquid at a finished ratio of 60VG/40PG, so I order my 100mg/mL nic base in 100% VG. It saves me from having to add as much plain VG to my mix, yet it also allows me to use whatever total flavoring % (that's usually in PG) I want to use for different recipes.

If your current 70/30 nic base doesn't cause any problems or limitations with any recipes you want to make...IMO, I'd say just keep using it.

Reactions: dennism
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread