RDA Best RDA for flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you don't mind tuning down your wattage, and using a 16 mm rda, check out the MicroDrip.

MicroDrip - Mini ECIG

It's fix airflow, which is just wide enough for "baby" lung hits. I build it to about .7-.9. Flavor for days.

I think FT sells clones now too.
I have the MiniDrip but I'm sure it performs very similar. Definitely get great flavor from it. The Mini also has AFC and you can go from a reasonably tight MTL draw to a restricted lung hit. And it's fairly inexpensive.

Reactions: petrotech

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I'm currently running a mutation x v3 also looking for what can get me better flavor, tried looking for the marquis clone from tobeco but cant find it in stock anywhere.

If you are still looking for the Tobeco Marquis, VaporRange has them in stock for $9 with free shipping, I just ordered one today and it shipped already.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Confirmed on Vapor Range, that's where I got my Tobeco Marquis, shipped super quick, no issues.

Honestly I don't love the Marquis, though. I've built it with 26G and twisted 28G, and in both cases I had major issues keeping the coils "married" for firing consistently. It's just too easy for those coils to change position given how long the leads have to be. It's not a huge issue, and it still performs fine, but it's annoying, and one coil will eventually start burning just miles hotter than the other.

I'll eventually pick up another RDA again (like you, my focus is finding the best flavor) but when I do it'll be one that can accommodate more "normal" builds, and isn't restricted solely to long-legged dual verticals.

VapeVillan

Unresolved Status
Jan 29, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

ohmmygoddess

Jan 31, 2016
I have just built my first RDA coil tonight after using a vape pen, then a SUBOX Mini (both coil and RBA) as well as an Aspire Triton. I built it on my new Doge V2, and all I can say is my goodness it is amazing. I'm recovering from a cold so the flavor is still a bit muted due to a stuffy nose, but I'm throwing up some amazing clouds using the same resistance and wattage that I was using with the tanks!

Reactions: haleysdadda

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
I have just built my first RDA coil tonight after using a vape pen, then a SUBOX Mini (both coil and RBA) as well as an Aspire Triton. I built it on my new Doge V2, and all I can say is my goodness it is amazing. I'm recovering from a cold so the flavor is still a bit muted due to a stuffy nose, but I'm throwing up some amazing clouds using the same resistance and wattage that I was using with the tanks!
I love Mutation X V4 at home & my tanks when I'm out!

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Got the Marquis today. Flavor is fantastic. It gets a little hot, need to tame down my builds a bit I think. I am used to the velocity though which handles heat well. I started with a .5 dual 26ga build, took one coil out and running 1.0 ohm single now. Very enjoyable. Going to play with some horizontal builds on it next.

Definitely recommend it for flavor though.

sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: tedigram

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Little tip, if you've got the Tobeco Marquis, on mine it was a huge pain in the ... to remove the bell cap from the deck piece and/or be able to twist it around to align the airholes. Those two o-rings at the bottom are overkill, so I removed the top o-ring, so now it's just one holding the bell cap on. It's still secure as heck, but I can at least take it off without a hernia now.

*edit* Oh, also, the o-ring around the drip tip on the Tobeco Marquis is notoriously wonky, it's too thick and can start to get really hard to settle it in place properly. If that's the case, you can try either a) lubing up the drip tip o-ring with juice, or b) what I eventually did, swap out the black o-ring the drip tip comes with, replacing it with whatever random o-ring you happen to have lying around that's just a bit thinner than the original. I've got one of those super tiny (like 2mm diameter) thick clear o-rings from my aromamizer stretched out to fit on the Marquis drip tip, and now it slips on and off like a glove, but still stays put otherwise.

Reactions: Tol

jb58

Aug 14, 2015
I just got my aeolus lite in the mail and built yesterday so far reallly good. Its a dream to build on and the flavor comes through amazingly, would definitely recommend to anyone who wants flavor and ease of use.

+1, have had mine for about a week and really liking it.........except for the juice consumption:) ...good thing I have started down the DIY road.

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
1. Plume Veil 2.5
2. Zenith 2.5
3. Aeolus Lite
4. Kennedy 22
5. Tugboat

Way down the list. Velocity

I have the authentic Velocity and the flavor I get from nearly all of my RDAs is so much better than the muted flavor I get from the Velocity. I've tried vertical, diagonal and horizontal builds. Nothings improves the flavor. Don't get me wrong, I use it daily. I just have a e liquid that has a really intense flavor (Jelly by Twonk). Huge clouds, below average flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread