Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Considering you are limited to 40 watts, you should look at atty`s that shine at .4 to 1.3 ohms, give or take. My suggestions would be the Plum Veil, a Veritas, or a Hobo. But I`m sure there are many more.

I will probably get a Kbox at some point to run of these atty`s on myself. I would buy it in a heart beat if it went down to .3 and had 50 watts, as Iv found that to be my personal sweet spot.

Zach wild

Jun 29, 2015
Considering you are limited to 40 watts, you should look at atty`s that shine at .4 to 1.3 ohms, give or take. My suggestions would be the Plum Veil, a Veritas, or a Hobo. But I`m sure there are many more.

I will probably get a Kbox at some point to run of these atty`s on myself. I would buy it in a heart beat if it went down to .3 and had 50 watts, as Iv found that to be my personal sweet spot.
the kbox mini which is what i have goes down to .3 and 50 watts xD

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
the kbox mini which is what i have goes down to .3 and 50 watts xD

Oh, I think I might know that one as the Sub Box, looking around I guess they do call it a kbox mini.

I would add a derringer to the list now, its got awesome flavor in a very small design. Pretty easy to build too. Mine performs very well when compared to some of my bigger atty`s.

:?)

Reactions: yuseffuhler

Zach wild

Jun 29, 2015
Oh, I think I might know that one as the Sub Box, looking around I guess they do call it a kbox mini.

I would add a derringer to the list now, its got awesome flavor in a very small design. Pretty easy to build too. Mine performs very well when compared to some of my bigger atty`s.

The derringer is kind of pricy authentic :/ would a mutation x v4 work good? I don't like clones because they seem to break easily

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
IMO, no. The MX is made to run above 50 watts. Even my .3 MX build runs at 58 watts.

The derringer with a .4 build in it would run well at 44 watts and than you would have a few watts either way to adjust it some. I got mine for 10 bucks and its been fine.

However, these are the builds Iv found I liked, you are on a journey, and its yours, and you could build a .5 in a MX and like it ( I did not). Take a look at the way you smoked? Did you smoke Camels, or did you smoke lights, or cigars? Did you mouth to lung hit, or were you a straight lung hitter. This is where you really should start. If you are trying to replace to replace a light cig with a straight lung hit, get a simple RDA that can be set up for single coil and low air flow and go for it. If you are trying to replace a cigar with a mtl hit with lots of volume and density, get a MX and the proper battery to push it.

Zach wild

Jun 29, 2015
IMO, no. The MX is made to run above 50 watts. Even my .3 MX build runs at 58 watts.

The derringer with a .4 build in it would run well at 44 watts and than you would have a few watts either way to adjust it some. I got mine for 10 bucks and its been fine.

However, these are the builds Iv found I liked, you are on a journey, and its yours, and you could build a .5 in a MX and like it ( I did not). Take a look at the way you smoked? Did you smoke Camels, or did you smoke lights, or cigars? Did you mouth to lung hit, or were you a straight lung hitter. This is where you really should start. If you are trying to replace to replace a light cig with a straight lung hit, get a simple RDA that can be set up for single coil and low air flow and go for it. If you are trying to replace a cigar with a mtl hit with lots of volume and density, get a MX and the proper battery to push it.

I only smoked cigars once and a while and i never had an edition, i'm just looking for a good rda for a good price that will run on my 50 watts but the derringer is too expensive

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Honestly, if you are not trying to replace an addiction, then kudos to you. You are an open box, a blank slate, you can buy anything and it will work. The BEST is very subjective and you`ll know it when you find it.

But in all honesty, I consider vaping a smoking cessation method simply because it worked for me and that is based solely on my own opinion. I would not recommend it to anyone that does not already have an addiction to nicotine. I wont even get into the discussion of doing something simply because it is enjoyable. I have done a great many things that were enjoyable at one time only to find out they were quite destructive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread