RDA Best RDA for Mouth to Lung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Technically you should be able to get this effect with most RDAs and RDTAs if they have adjustable air flow. I've done it with plume veil, veritas, kayfun, you name it. You should've drilled out your kayfun

Technically you're right, it should work fine, but was a big fail for me. Angry vapor... I'll try again when I take out my quad coils and put in a single coil around 1.5 ohms, but that's what I did the first time I tried Mouth to Lunging on my 454, so I'm a little leery. I need another atty anyways. Two great atties are better than one.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
I have the ultimate suggestion for you brother: THE IMMORTALIZER :D.

FMyaNjS.jpg

I don't mouth to lung anymore, and I was a little disappointed that the immortalizers airflow was that small, but the first thing I thought was "wow, this is the best mouth to lung device I've ever used!"

I can easily say it had the smoothest vape flavor/texture I've had, it gives this warm flavor, and has the perfect resistance for mouth to lung inhales. I'd compare it to those oldschool cartomizers that's been drilled just a tad larger, it's not "easy" to pull the air through, but it's that nice middle-ground where you can pull slow or pretty fast if your itchin' too. I think the key to it's awesome quality vape is the ceramic base plate the coils sit above, it's hard to describe, but it's just a smooth, warm and rich vape.

Ah, I think you are are to something about the ceramic base plate/cup being a key factor for really great Mouth to Lunging. I don't know why, but it is a theory I've been thinking about for the past few days. Those old school 510 dripping atties all have a ceramic cup, and that cup along with the tiny chamber and airflow directly beneath the coil, are the only big differences I can think of that most RDAs do not have. Well they also use silica wick, but I hope that isn't required for great MtL, since the silica wick is the main reason I don't want to use those atties anymore.

I'll go research the Immortalizer now!

Edit: Another difference that might matter for good MtL is that the old school 510 drippers had the coil inside the ceramic cup touching the airflow hole at the bottom of the cup... hmm, food for thought...

Last edited:

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Ok I just watched the RiP Trippers video on the Immortalizer. I'd really like to thank you treehead for letting me know about it! RiP actually compared the way it vapes to the hh.357, which means it's close to what I'm looking for, cuz I'v watched most of his vids and that's the first time I've heard him mention any of the old school drippers like the hh.357. The Immortalizer does have some aspects I'm not to keen on though, like that it's designed to be used with ribbon wire, and that it has some aluminium parts, which I don't like on my atties...

BUT, I think I'm on the right track about wanting an RDA that has a ceramic cup/base plate, with the airflow directly under the coil. so the coil can actually rest on the airflow opening. Anybody know of any other RDAs that have a ceramic cup/base plate with the airflow beneath the coil?

On another note I just picked up the Infinite Magma clone. If I really dig it, whether for Mouth to Lung or Straight to Lung, I'll fork out the cash for the original. But now I'm on the hunt for a RDA with a ceramic base plate/cup and bottom airflow... I think that is what I need for a great MtL experience.

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
The short answer is I put juice in it. I'm surprised you're surprised, it's a pretty common issue.
Never had any problems with my clone, but I never had the airflow open when I was pocket carrying either.

Edit: the Magma also has a spot for an o-ring (if needed) beneath the air flow adjustment ring. A Kayfun tank section o-ring fits perfectly. I suspect that that combination of having a o-ring and keeping the airflow closed when not using it has contributed to my view of the Magma as a leak resistant dripper.

Last edited:

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
I think your going to like the Infinite Magma clone even thought it can be a bit finicky on leakage issues. The Infinite in particular is a very well made clone, you may be perfectly happy with the quality, it's on par with the authentic. I just ordered a second one today for myself because it has such a great mtl.

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago

Sighlense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Upstate New York
The Magma is a good option, another I would recommend is the Tugboat. The thing I don't like about the Magma is that it leaks pretty bad which is not the case with the Tugboat. Another would be the Zenith.

I don't have that problem with my magma clone. Actually, mine rarely leaks at all which is why i love it so much. I really like the plume veil (nice and airy with a ton of thick vapor) but it's such a leaky turd that it now sits in the drawer. Took a chance on the magma and it is now my all day RD'eh. Tough to build though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread