Status
Not open for further replies.

manji1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Dayton OH
Another thread hijack. Sorry. :D:eek:
I'm looking for a rba that would look good on an ego type battery.
I use ego batts when I'm at work and would love to find a dripper that wouldn't look ridiculous on an ego.
Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
The vision eternity is designed to go onto an ego. Also the is the igo-s and the a7 mini.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
If you like the convenience of carto tanks, want the flavor and vapor of dripping AND the easiest to rebuild attys on the planet, may I suggest...
me7yvuta.jpg

A REO? It combines everything great about the perfect vape into a compact, extremely durable, fully mechanical, leak and mess free pocket freindly package.

The "drips" come thru that hole when you press the onboard, concealed 6 ml bottle. The RBA is so easy a cave man could rebuild it and the vape is equal to or better than any high end setup out there. I only suggest it cause I was in your shoes about a year ago :) Haven't looked back since :)

Here's a good step by step photo tutorial to learn how to rebuild a dripping or bottom fed atomizer :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9421933

Last edited:

bris1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
With something like the Phoenix atomizer how long will the pre-built wick last on average? week(s)? month(s)?

This will be my first rebuildable atomizer so im trying to figure out how often I will be having to re-build the wick?

if you use cotton wick, then you may never have to rebuild the coil. build the coil to your resistance liking, then feed in some cotton. just pull out and replace cotton as necessary. about a 30 second change of wicks. plus cotton is great for flavor and wicks great. cheap also

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
try the Immortalizer. good vapor, great flavor. if you're vaping high quality e-juices, this brings out more flavor of it. plus its one of the easiest to build using ribbon wires.

:2c: Very impressive engineering on that immortalizer, It's post connections have the same engineering attitude as the High dollar K-Fun stuff. That type of connection eliminates the infamous “Hot-Leg” problem that plagues the AGA's like mine.

DillPickles666

Moved On
Apr 23, 2013
Fresno CA
If you're looking for an inexpensive and simple to build rda, I highly recommend the "octopus rda" by smoktech. They're maybe 6 bucks (with some searching) and they are simple to build. I have had 6 of them and for that price it's not bad if you destroy them. It was the first RDA I bought and even though I don't use them too often anymore, they will always be the atomizer that took my "rebuild virginity" ;)

If you like that and want more; igo L, igo W, agi (alot of haters but I love it as a dripper), trident, Penelope, cyclone, nimbus AND THE LIST GOES ON.

Happy building bro <3
Sorry to hijack the thread....but.....TJ would you recommend this a first rebuildable?
(Eric @ DV seems to really like it)

Retro68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Los Alamos, NM USA
I use ego batts when I'm at work and would love to find a dripper that wouldn't look ridiculous on an ego.
Thoughts?

I would suggest the Igo-S. Easy to rebuild and small like an ego battery :)

Goz

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Queensland, Australia
Thoughts?

eBaron Dripper Sprial is the same size as an Ego battery and with a ring looks right at home.
Not the cheapest, but worth it.

Excuse the dodgy phone cam photo
Photo1.jpg

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I got my Igo-S yesterday (I believe it is a smaller Igo-L and it has holes in the post), I haven't really given it a good vape since I don't have my multimeter yet, but I've practiced making a few coils. The first two I made and actually tested seemed to fire up fine but the flavor was lacking and tasted kinda burnt. It could be because I burned the silica wick before coiling it, something that I won't do in the future. The other problem I had was making the coils look neat... using 32 gauge kanthal, I had no idea it was THAT thin and getting them to line up evenly and such took a little bit of fiddling with the tweezers. And another thing is worrying about the spiraled coils touching the post when they get screwed in or when they move a little from the wicks pushing when I put the cap back on. The coils on the wick are not suppose to touch the posts, right? They are sooo close to them though.. so I worry a bit about that.

I picked up some 28 gauge kanthal to experiment with but I will primarily be aiming for coils around 2.0 ohms for the time being since I'm using them on my VV devices.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Another vote for the IGO-L.... Extremely solid, easy to build, nice sized drip well... The stock hole, while small (easy to drill out though), is at a really good height. I have a 1.3 ohm micro coil with cotton and thing puts out a great vape. And it has a great size that looks good on my Vamo and my mechs.

No worries about the mounting screws though. Yeah, the 'hole in post' method is easier to build, but I've had both and these might take a little longer to get captured, but not a big deal. And since I've gone to microcoils... those things are tough little suckers so there isn't that big a need to rebuild the coil all that often.

james1980

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2011
lincoln ca
Igo-L was a good beginner RDA. After that I went with the Igo-W because it was easier to build with the holes in the posts. Now have a Patriot RDA and it's probably the easiest to build on since it's the biggest (22mm).

does the patriot have option for one air hole for single coil or does it come with two air holes for dual coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread