Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Looking for the best of the best... All opinions welcome. Do want:

Adjustable air flow
Adjustable center pin
Roomy interior
Built to last
Attractive
Holes or slots in posts (not a deal breaker)
Silver plated, brass or copper contact
juice well or at least a slightly concave deck

Possible plus:
If I like the atty on a standard mech, it would be cool if it could be modded for a bottom feeder as well.

Note: I like the Trident because it has the adjustable air flow and center pin and it looks awesome in gold. But I don't care for how much space the cap takes up - you have to be careful to build close to the posts if you're wrapping coils with a larger ID, or the cap will end up touching the coil. Also the center post is press fit into the Delrin insulator, and if you adjust the 510 outward, it pushes the center post up and out into the chamber of the atty. Once this has occurred, the center post never stays snug again. So with those fairly significant flaws, I'm on the lookout for something better. I've been eyeing the Origen Dripper. Thoughts from the experts?

Last edited:

DDN79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Houston, TX
The "best" is going to be purely subjective. I have gone through quite a few different drippers, high end and counterfeits (lets call them for what they really are here) rda out there and can honestly say all have their own quirks. There is no one dripper that I know that does everything that much better then everyone else on the market. To me, the build is way more important then having the "best" of everything.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
heres the ones im interested in after the holidays, tired of all these different but same tin post looking things lately, so i have been hunting donw a few that look indestructible and unbreakable -

Versa Dripping Atomizer | Elevated Vaping waiting for them to restock the hybrid threaded ones now.

D Vx - Dual Coil Trpfelverdampfer Edelstahl - InTaste

also check out the aqua as well as the new one coming from superT.

we need more of them built like this, lol you can buy a bullet proof nearly indestructible geni yet you pay 60+ and get drippers with wimpy pressfit posts that strip if you stare at them too hard.

Last edited:

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
Origen RDA is an excellent one. Since I got it I can't put it down as the flavor from this thing is awesome. I think it fits most of your criteria.

Adjustable air flow- Yes
Adjustable center pin- No
Roomy interior- Yes
Built to last- Yes
Attractive- Yes
Holes or slots in posts (not a deal breaker)-Yes but only on positive post
Silver plated or brass contact- Not sure on the material used.
Juice well or at least a slightly concave deck- Holds at least 15 drops of juice in the well.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
The Aqua is looking pretty cool... although it's clearly designed for a dual coil and I'm really a single coil kind of girl. Still... looks sweet and from what I read, works like a champ. Might pick up the clone just to see if I'm interested enough to buy the real thing.

So Origen dripper owners, is the Origen the best dripping rebuildable you have?

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
The Aqua is looking pretty cool... although it's clearly designed for a dual coil and I'm really a single coil kind of girl. Still... looks sweet and from what I read, works like a champ. Might pick up the clone just to see if I'm interested enough to buy the real thing.

So Origen dripper owners, is the Origen the best dripping rebuildable you have?

Yes it's the best dripper I have. I use to think the Patriot was good but this thing is ridiculous. Deep juice wells, smaller chamber, stunning looks and easily beats the others. I own the Patriot, Igo-w, Nimbus clone and all don't compare. I also had the Aqua and it wasn't for me. Heck there are shops around here selling the Origen for flipper prices lol. :vapor:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I am getting into the RBA / RDA lately, and have been starting out with high quality clones, because i don't know what I like best yet.

After buying several of each, and taking them apart and checking out builds... I'm not seeing a whole lot of differences between VERY different looking exterior designs. Essentially, RDA are small RBA with 2 protruding screws for the wiring, and a hole for air flow that may or may not be controllable. Some have tanks (which defeats the purpose of a dripper, since you can just buy a tanked RBA like the Kayfun), others don't. But the internals are very very similar or identical.

Here are my current 3:
IMG_20131216_013349_zpsjvkyfjsn.jpg

The first one screws in, with a small well for extra juice, the middle one has no well at all, straight dripper, the third has a hole with a tank under the build platform that can hold maybe 1 ml of juice.

Given the lack of variety in the actual design, the only differences would be the quality of the metal and the amount of airflow (and the tank, but if you need a tank, you wouldn't buy a dripper?). Any difference in vape is dictated by the coils and wick.

I have not bought a very high end dripper RDA... can someone tell me exactly what the difference is between a cheaper one and a more expensive one besides the 2 things I noted? From what I'm seeing in my less expensive ones, there is no real difference between them and their capability. So is it just design, polish and material?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The more expensive high end RDA/RTA's,there is no fiddling with to get them set up and vaping.Generally the Vape,flavor and TH,are all better than the cheap clones because of the build quality.I have a couple cheap RDA's to tinker with and the Vape is terrible vs. my high end designs.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm gonna throw my vote in for the VHO Helios for ease/versatility of building, great AFC, high-quality insulator for those low-ohm builds and flavor is the best I've tried to date.

The atomizer itself really has nothing to do with the taste. It is the setup in it and what is powering it that makes the difference. Only thing the atomizer does is transfer power to heat and thats it!! Pretty simple actually.

silber

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
The atomizer itself really has nothing to do with the taste. It is the setup in it and what is powering it that makes the difference. Only thing the atomizer does is transfer power to heat and thats it!! Pretty simple actually.

Chamber reduction, smaller chamber = more vapor and flavor, which is why the trident and origin are so good.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Chamber reduction, smaller chamber = more vapor and flavor, which is why the trident and origin are so good.

Yes, I agree with that and is why I have put a reducer in my RSST... And again, if you don't have the right setup in it, flavor and vapor will be no better than a $5 chinese knockoff. So that is why I posted what I did. If the setup and power are off, reduced chamber and adjustable air flow mean absolutely nothing!!

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
I just got my Origen yesterday and so did a friend who has the Nimbus. I also have the Helios and about 5 other RDAs. I feel the Helos and the Origen are quite close. The Origen holds 1ml of juice (measured with syringe) and vapor production tops. Helios easier to work on with great taste. The friend that has the Nimbus said the Origen is the best made, best looking and best producing RDA he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread