Best Relacement for ViviNova tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have not been here for a couple years because I had really settled into the batteries, tanks, and juice that worked for me. Hey, I smoked the same cigarettes for 35 years - what works, works. :) But this industry is changing so fast, it's getting very hard for me to find replacement coil/wick assemblies for the "old school" top coil ViviNova tanks, which my boyfriend also now uses (and we probably own eight of them between us.)

So I am going to have to move to another tank. I tried a SmokTech tank a couple years ago and didn't like it - the draw was so airy it was like smoking a True cigarette (if you go back that far) or any cigarette with a hole in it.

So here's what we like about the ViviNova tanks - the draw; the ease of refill; the ease of rebuild; and they don't leak, once you figure out the little mechanical quirks.

What's the most like it? My local shop is not so helpful, they just say to try things and see if I like them. But I'd really like NOT to buy a collection of tanks I can't use.

Thanks for any advice!

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Without getting fancy or pushing high dollar tanks, I would suggest the Kangertech Subtank Mini.
The air flow is adjustable, you can use it's RBA for simple coil builds, you can replace the glass and steel tank section with acrylic bell caps, you can buy the parts separately and use any 510 style drip tip that you like.
IMAG0309.jpg

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm gathering you don't want to get into building your own coils, or you'd have figured out how to coil the ViviNova's?
I had a few of the Vivi's back when, never a favorite of mine. But that would be the simplistic solution for you, tons of videos out there on how to do it, but my eyes aren't good enough, nor are my fingers small enough!
The Kanger subtank mini, yeah, you can shut it down some, but the Vivi's have a tighter draw than the original Kayfuns! So keep that in mind when making suggestions, please.
The Aspire Nautilus keeps coming to mind for the draw, BUT it's a bottom fill, not a terribly hard bottom fill, but still a bottom fill.
The CE style tanks might be something to consider, I'm sorry I don't have links as I'm just not a fan of them. I'll do some thinking and throw this thread to some people that might have better suggestions.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi all,

I have not been here for a couple years because I had really settled into the batteries, tanks, and juice that worked for me. Hey, I smoked the same cigarettes for 35 years - what works, works. :) But this industry is changing so fast, it's getting very hard for me to find replacement coil/wick assemblies for the "old school" top coil ViviNova tanks, which my boyfriend also now uses (and we probably own eight of them between us.)

So I am going to have to move to another tank. I tried a SmokTech tank a couple years ago and didn't like it - the draw was so airy it was like smoking a True cigarette (if you go back that far) or any cigarette with a hole in it.

So here's what we like about the ViviNova tanks - the draw; the ease of refill; the ease of rebuild; and they don't leak, once you figure out the little mechanical quirks.

What's the most like it? My local shop is not so helpful, they just say to try things and see if I like them. But I'd really like NOT to buy a collection of tanks I can't use.

Thanks for any advice!

your best bet is to make a mad dash into another tank system that is current (qwik)

•ego one tanks are pretty rock solid, simple, cheap... (forgot to mention; Be SURE to use the CLR coils for best results)
•kanger subtanks
(big-mini-nano) all use the same coil and are VERY easy to get (a great kit)

but until then, here's a good deal on the 'ole vivi novas (looks like they have no coils available tho)
buy all they have and then learn how to recoil them (not that hard)

- Smok Tech Dual Coil ViVi Nova Tank | Madvapes
upload_2016-7-24_2-11-45.png

good luck
:D

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeyConti

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I suggest trying a couple of kayfun clones from fasttech and learn how to build your own coils. You're going to have to eventually anyway if the FDA has it's way. Coils are going to become scarcer than hen's teeth. I personally think the mini v3 is perfect, but some like a bigger tank. Most people who try building their own coils kick themselves for not doing it sooner because it's so easy.

Reactions: Katdarling
Hi all,

Thanks for any advice!
Fasttech still has a supply of vivi novas and coils.

Reactions: Racehorse

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
actually, a little correction is needed...

the vivi nova (true) and the aspire bvc (nova style)
are not cross compatible

they are two completely different coil configurations :blush:

upload_2016-8-11_4-4-40.png

one is true top coil / top fill / with center shaft out of base (vivi nova)

other is a style copy, bottom fill / which has a bottom coil and the air shaft is mounted in the top cap

;)

Reactions: Katdarling

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    actually, a little correction is needed...

the vivi nova (true) and the aspire bvc (nova style)
    are not cross compatible

they are two completely different coil configurations :blush:

View attachment 587829

one is true top coil / top fill / with center shaft out of base (vivi nova)

other is a style copy, bottom fill / which has a bottom coil and the air shaft is mounted in the top cap

;)
    Yes but Aspire came out with bvc for the glass aspire vivi novas. These:
    http://www.vaporbeast.com/aspire-viva-nova-s-glass-version-clearomizer-1-8-ohm-3-5-ml.
    http://www.vaporbeast.com/aspire-viva-nova-s-glass-version-clearomizer-1-8-ohm-3-5-ml.
    And the coils are BVC. These:
    Aspire BVC Replacement Heads | Clearomizers & Tanks | VaporBeast

They changed it I think last year, when I stopped being able to find the old heads for the Aspire ETs. :):)
    Just thought I'd throw that out there, I'm sure you can still find the other brand Vivi Novas and heads somewhere though. :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    Yes but Aspire came out with bvc for the glass aspire vivi novas. These:
    And the coils are BVC. These:
    Aspire BVC Replacement Heads | Clearomizers & Tanks | VaporBeast

They changed it I think last year, when I stopped being able to find the old heads for the Aspire ETs. :):)
    Just thought I'd throw that out there, I'm sure you can still find the other brand Vivi Novas and heads somewhere though. :)

guess all I was trying to say is ; they are two completely different coil configurations... :)
    (what the OP was after was the first, a top coil vivi nova)
    upload_2016-8-11_13-41-35.png

:|

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    guess all I was trying to say is ; they are two completely different coil configurations... :)
    (what the OP was after was the first, a top coil vivi nova)
    View attachment 587941

:|
    OH! okay, my bad :blush::blush::blush: Forgive me I'm blond :pervy: and my reading comprehension has been of lately due to extreme busyness. :p:p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread