Best RTA/RDA's for quad coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
It's not always the deck. You need air to hit both top and bottom coils.
The Azeroth has a tall AFC you can look into. Almost any deck can accommodate quads just check the way the air comes in.

Imo, quads usually aren't as effective as parallel and staged builds. If you can fit quads you can fit 4x 28g aliens and staples too and I think that would be the way to go. Not more coils but more surface area. Just my opinion though.

If you have some attys in mind I'd gladly check them out for you. The new Twisted Messes attys are very nice btw.

Reactions: Ragnar94

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
It's not always the deck. You need air to hit both top and bottom coils.
The Azeroth has a tall AFC you can look into. Almost any deck can accommodate quads just check the way the air comes in.

Imo, quads usually aren't as effective as parallel and staged builds. If you can fit quads you can fit 4x 28g aliens and staples too and I think that would be the way to go. Not more coils but more surface area. Just my opinion though.

If you have some attys in mind I'd gladly check them out for you. The new Twisted Messes attys are very nice btw.
I was thinking of the Sherman RTA, then the TFv12, i currently have the Hussar which I'm tempted to try a quad coil build.... but im probably leaning more towards buying a limitless classic rdta

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
The Classic and Combo are good choices.
The Sherman looks like a good atty except the tank looks plastic. Idk if it is or not. Either way a bottom airflow deck would probably work better with radiators, aliens and staple variations. The bottom coil might block the airflow to the top one but it also might not work like that. If the tank is glass I might have to get one.
Quads would probably work better in something where the air comes from the sides like most RDAs.
If for what ever reason I wanted to make quads the combo/classic or the Azeroth would probably be my pick.
Both have better posts than my Limitless and I still manage to fit some pretty gnarly SSFCs in it.
Even a normal velocity deck would be easy to do simple quads in if you coiled them like you would for a goon and used the top and bottom holes independently.

Reactions: Ragnar94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread