Best setup for Ego C Twist? (Tanks, cartos and etc)

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by b00gym4n, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. b00gym4n

b00gym4n Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I used to vape for 8 months straight back in 09, then quit cause I was tired of having to replace parts all the time. I had a 510 and quite frankly it was a POS. I just remember having to vape with the nastiest taste in my mouth to break in atomizers, replacing flooded atomizers, replacing dead batteries, lugging around spare parts all the time.

So I heard of the Ego Twist from a friend and want to give vaping another shot.

So far I have bought the Ego Twist battery and charger. I want a slim tank setup, but one that fits flush with my ego twist (fits snug and proportioned). I'm not sure what to get (ohm settings, brand names etc). There's so much junk out there I'm seriously overwhelmed.

Anyone who is experienced with the ego twist, please help me out. (sellers, promoters and other internet promoters, please save your time and do not respond. thanks)

2. AnthraxINC

AnthraxINC Full Member

3.5 ml tank, Dual Hole Dual Coil Carto

Nothing should break but the carto after awhile.

GET A GOOD QUALITY CARTO =]

3. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I got an "equinox +CCC" from Springvapor.com. I think it is also called a stardust. It is rebuildable with the screw on heads, and fits my Twist very nicely. I LOVE this thing, even though I also have Jonboy lavas, bedazzles, vivi novas and phiniacs that I use on my Twist.

It just fits it well, is slim and fits flush. I use it "to go" as it doesn't leak, wasn't expensive so if I lose it I won't cry. YMMV.

4. AnthraxINC

AnthraxINC Full Member

Vision Vivi Nova 2 Edition

Great Tank with wicks for you dont have to worrie about your carto being low, or it going bad, if the flavor drops, change the wick and ur done. Easy fill. ~ VIVI NOVA TANK

5. vsummer1

In fact, if you look at anthrax's avatar, I believe you can see one sitting on the pink eGo.

6. AnthraxINC

AnthraxINC Full Member

7. vsummer1

Thanks, that is what I bought as the "equinox + CCC". I thought it was also called a stardust, or a CE5 rebuildable. I guess it depends on the vendor and what they call them.

I love that little thing, even though I have more expensive tanks, cartos, etc. I think it just fits nicely and is what the op might have in mind for the looks and function, ease of filling and the fact you just screw off the atty/wick and its new again. They are also easy to clean and I haven't needed to replace my head because I can rinse it and dry burn it very quickly to maintain it. And since it only costs a few dollars, well....

I didn't realize the metal tanks on the vivi's had a window. That looks very nice on your gripper! You have nice shiny things, I must stop looking!

8. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I use a Twist. I tried Stardusts, Kanger T2, mini Vivi Nova. Now I have Kanger T3 clearo, and I like it better than the rest.

Better draw, wicking and flavor. Smooth form factor. Good fit on the battery. Easy filling. Easy head replacement. No leaks.

Got them from Litecig.

9. b00gym4n

Good info guys. What are your thoughts on this DCT? http://www.provape.com/DCT-Tank-p/dcttanksmall.htm I like the way it looks and functions, but have no idea on it's performance.

Also, what ohm # cart am I supposed to get for the Twist? A friend recommend getting a low res 2ohm?

I barely found out what a cartomizer is, what's a clearomizer? Is it a disposable tank/cart/atomizer? Also, are you able to swap out the inner parts to save money? Thanks in advance.

10. SpringzVz

SpringzVz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

EGO C TWIST with MINI VIVI NOVA 2.5
    TWIST W DCT COVER AND MINI NOVA.jpg
    You will need a DCT thread cover like this one to make it seamless SMALL DCT THREAD COVER.jpg

All available from Vision Vivi Nova Mini Tank

11. b00gym4n

12. vsummer1

I guess that is why I like the CE's, the vivi's need the thread cover. I would rather pay a few bucks for a nice, seamless item that looks so good on the eGo than have to buy other stuff just to make it fit nice. More money for juice that way!

13. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Get 2.4 ohm maximum, or lower if you need a lot of vapor. I prefer lower resistance but it pulls more amps and is harder on the battery.

A clearomizer is a unitized transparent tank/atomizer combination, like the Stardust or Vivi Nova, or the Kanger T3 which I prefer.

Most versions allow you to replace the atomizer part for $3-$4. You can also clean the atomizers from these and some people actually rebuild them with new coils and wicks.

14. rl0156

rl0156 Full Member

I have the twist and the vision spinner , my personal preference runs towards the mini vivi nova version 2.5 and the stardust .both use interchangeable atomizer heads and I can clean and switch heads as needed for different flavors. 2.4 ohms for some juices taste best and sometimes I need 2.8 ohms for other flavors. it will take you some time to fiddle and adjust for flavor but once you have your numbers for "flavor x" and "flavor y" its a simple "twist" for a perfect vape and you'll likely never go back no non VV

15. Frakenvapour

Frakenvapour Full Member

I currently have a vivi nova tank on my twist. Iv been hearing good things about kanger clearomizers. Does any body else have both and prefer one over the other in length of how long the flavors last?

16. Susaz

Susaz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

3 eGo 650 mAh Twist, 2 Kanger T2 (Also try the T3 bottom coil). It all fits inside the eGo PCC case... Vape on!

Same happened to me, stopped vaping and now I'm back!

17. Susaz

Susaz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I find the two very much alike, both have pros and cons. I find the Kanger less fiddly than the Vivi, but it's rebuildable, so some people prefer it. I simply buy new heads when I need them.

18. Barto

Barto Moved On ECF Veteran

Yes, they are pretty similar.

19. Winemiller1

Winemiller1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I just bought 2 x 650 Ego Twists, and multiple heads, including bog tank cartomizers... I think with all the controversy over the wicks in some tanks, I'll stick with the cartomizer tanks, until I find out if cotton wicks are more safe, etc.

20. spc2000

spc2000 Full Member Verified Member

Vivi nova rewicked with stainless wick is nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.