Best Side Button Mech Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEtherized

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
Okay so looking for some variation to add to my cheap collection. I have all bottom firing mods so I'm looking for a nice side button mod. Any suggestions?

The GG is so damn beautiful but so damn expensive. I don't have enough limbs to afford it. However the MKB-TS is a clone and it looks beautiful. But I've heard it has problems. The natural is eh. Bolt is eh.

My price range is $Free - $150 USD.

Things I'm looking for
1. HAS to be hard hitting
2. That's it lol.

Thank you guys in advance.

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
well my advice would be save yourself a few extra dollars and get a justgg or ggts. my friend has a copy ggts and its nothing like my genuine ggts's. mine hits harder, are so better machined, and look so much better than the copys. the button on the copys is so poorly copied that they dont work correctly and they constantly get hot.

do yourself a favor and save your money and get the real thing. give your money to the guy who created the device and not to a bunch of money hungry chinamen sitting around counting your money.

xEtherized

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
well my advice would be save yourself a few extra dollars and get a justgg or ggts. my friend has a copy ggts and its nothing like my genuine ggts's. mine hits harder, are so better machined, and look so much better than the copys. the button on the copys is so poorly copied that they dont work correctly and they constantly get hot.

do yourself a favor and save your money and get the real thing. give your money to the guy who created the device and not to a bunch of money hungry chinamen sitting around counting your money.

Thanks for your input. Honestly man I would buy the GG I know it's the hardest hitting mod out there and hands down one of the most beautiful. But until I have a steady income of 50k+ I don't really see any reason to dish out 250+ for a metal battery compartment.

Btw which clone does your friend have. There are a lot of GGTS clones out there. I'm specifically asking how the MKB-TS performs.

xEtherized

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
I have an MKB-TS and a Sigelei 13. I've had them both for months, and they work very well. The only modding I did to them was to shim the switches with .002 brass shim stock. There are instructions to do it in the MKB-TS thread. Also, my MKB has a stealth cap.
Yeah but whats this stuff I hear about having to do a 2 way adapter? With the 510 to 810 and then a 810 to 510? Also does it hard in your opinion?

I have the Natural from Smoktek. I love it. Check it out.
I wanted one until someone pointed out the atty being flush issues. Do you have that issue?

The Natural is $50-$60. First mech I bought that wasn't a bottom-feeder. I like it a lot.
I know I've been debating if I should get it. Looks nice with the RSST

What about an Atmizoo Dingo? I have no experience with it, but it's not a copy and I've read only good things about it. Also, it's within your price range ($140 @ vaperev)
Yeah I've seen that but I have yet to check out the reviews. I think it feels cheap though. I like heft in my mods. Top quality is a must.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Yeah but whats this stuff I hear about having to do a 2 way adapter? With the 510 to 810 and then a 810 to 510? Also does it hard in your opinion?

If you use the stock top cap, you will need an adaptor. With the stealth cap, which is available separately, you won't need adaptors. I got mine at Stormysvaporcellar.
Either way, the MKB is a nice, hard hitting, mid price mechanical.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I wanted one until someone pointed out the atty being flush issues. Do you have that issue?

If, and only if, you plan to only use atties that have side air intake on a Natural, you can sand down the 510 connector until it's flush with the cap. Then there won't be a gap. If you want a flush fit with atties that have air intake in the 510 connector, you'll have to dremel out grooves in the cap for air flow.

I think the Natural is just too long. I'd look for the shortest possible side-button mod if I were in your shoes.

Last edited:

xEtherized

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
If you use the stock top cap, you will need an adaptor. With the stealth cap, which is available separately, you won't need adaptors. I got mine at Stormysvaporcellar.
Either way, the MKB is a nice, hard hitting, mid price mechanical.
Could you maybe provide a picture? Id love to see how it looks with the stealth cap. So basically with the stealth cap you won't have to worry about getting those adapters right? Does it have like a floating pin or something?

If, and only if, you plan to only use atties that have side air intake on a Natural, you can sand down the 510 connector until it's flush with the cap. Then there won't be a gap. If you want a flush fit with atties that have air intake in the 510 connector, you'll have to dremel out grooves in the cap for air flow.

I think the Natural is just too long. I'd look for the shortest possible side-button mod if I were in your shoes.
Sanding? Too long? yeah too many no no's. I'll pass on the natural for now. FOR NOW lol.

meowmixmeow

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
san jose ca
I have played with my friend's Atmizoo Roller, the button is super nice. I love pressing it just for the hell of it. If you can dish out a couple more dollars above your maximum price, I'd say hop on that. I've had the mkb-ts since April, and all it needed was a brass shim for the button, you can find that diy through the mkb-ts thread on this forum. Hits like a beast, and it's quite nice and works well with the Ithaka tank.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Ive been looking for a mech at the same $150 price point. Its frustrating since there's not a lot out there. Its all cheap clones or low end for $75 and below or they are high end and start at $180. Im still looking although ive decided to suck it up and add some extra money to my budget. One thing that worked for me was a wanted ad in the classifieds. Ive done it twice and gotten several responses both times. I just stated in my ad what I wanted and my budget. Give it a try.

smitighe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Baltimore
Here are a few pics of the MKB-TS. 1 with stock cap and 1 with stealth cap. I put an 18650 next to it for size comparison.
a9ape7uh.jpg
zu9atamy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

xEtherized

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
Ive been looking for a mech at the same $150 price point. Its frustrating since there's not a lot out there. Its all cheap clones or low end for $75 and below or they are high end and start at $180. Im still looking although ive decided to suck it up and add some extra money to my budget. One thing that worked for me was a wanted ad in the classifieds. Ive done it twice and gotten several responses both times. I just stated in my ad what I wanted and my budget. Give it a try.
With your budget around 180$ I'm sure you will find something amazing.
I'll sign up for the classifieds soon, I just heard its tedious work to sign up. There's like a process or something.

Here are a few pics of the MKB-TS. 1 with stock cap and 1 with stealth cap. I put an 18650 next to it for size comparison.
a9ape7uh.jpg
zu9atamy.jpg
omg it's so sexy. I do like the original cap though i think it has AFC? but i don't mind using the stealth cap. How is the performance though? What are the pins that come with it? brass? Is it heavy mod?

Suprised none said it yet. The Poldiac!
No one said it cause it's way too expensive! lol. However, they are in the process of cloning it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread