Best sub ohm tank for Segelei 150w

Status
Not open for further replies.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
I am partial to the Atlantis (with a large 5-7 ml tank), both for functionality and value. It works great on my sigelei 100 and 150. The authentics are more expensive but have higher Quality. I'm happy with the Atlantis clones that cost under $15. Great Flavor and vapor production all day every day.

Regarding coils: the original 0.5 works fine at about 25 watts; but the Atlantis V2 coils work great also (I run the 0.5 at 25 watts and the 0.3 at 35-45 watts). Clouds of vapor and very little or no leaking with high VG juice, and no dry hits (great wicking). The clone coils don't have as clean a cut on the bottom of the wick so air flow is restricted and they have a harder draw but they can usually be fixed with a little attention and a pencil to push the wicking on the bottom aside. The only problem with leaking I've experienced was with a clone tank that had a malformed silicon seal (the one that seals the glass to the base), once I replaced that everything worked fine.

As a sidebar - the nickel coils work especially well in the Atlantis on my VT mods at 500 degrees F and 40 Joules/watts.

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
I keep swapping between the Starre @ 70 watts, Subtank Plus @ 27 watts and Subtank mini V2/Kbox Mini @ 40 watts. The Starre drinks the juice but gives a kick, the Subtank Plus lasts freaking forever, and the Subox Kit is a perfect middle ground. Considering how many tanks I have, that says something about all of them. The new verticle OCC coils nudge the Subtanks closer to the Arctic/Starre temperature and flavor, and there's still no RBA for those two great tanks. The new version Subtanks with the updated RBA and vertical coils is the most foolproof answer. It's just a great piece of kit and I don't have to have my Sig 150 out for it. Doesn't hurt that it looks sexy as hell on the new Kbox Mini!

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
Do you ever get arctic coils that have a metallic taste?
Use the 0.5 ohm heads. For some reason the 0.2 heads NEVER tasted even decent to me but the 0.5 work great. I almost shelved the tank until I threw the 0.5 head in. Now it's in the normal rotation. There's a new V2 Arctic clone on FT with a giant tank as well!

Reactions: baaadjustin

baaadjustin

Moved On
Apr 13, 2015
Missouri
Use the 0.5 ohm heads. For some reason the 0.2 heads NEVER tasted even decent to me but the 0.5 work great. I almost shelved the tank until I threw the 0.5 head in. Now it's in the normal rotation. There's a new V2 Arctic clone on FT with a giant tank as well!
Maybe I should have tried the .5's before I sold it I just assumed they would all taste that way

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
WP_20150626_18_26_43_Pro.jpg

Reactions: MikeyConti

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
I'm rotating Freemax/Maganus, Arctic, Subtank with New Vertical coils.
Ironically this is my exact rotation but I use the new Kanger heads in a black Subox kit. The wifey got the white. Too convenient to carry this vs my big ol' Sig150. Once the Sig75 shows up my new Sigelei tank with Ni200 heads will join the carry rotation and the Sig150 will likely be retired from the car to the Desk of Retired Mods, only destined to be called into service for huge clapton/dripper setups where I need that raw power.

Vape Super Saver has the new Kanger vertical coils for a great price so I snagged up 20.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I'm kind of up in the air between the Matrix, Arctic, Atalntis V2. Kanger isn't bad, but I don't like the flavor. I'm looking for something that can get me through the day without refill and has decent vapor production. Thanks for any help! Cheers!
Smok tfv4 for vaping 40-140w
Rba available

If u wana do 30-50w and not get too hot
Freemax starre v2, pro
Or uwell crown are good choices

Last edited:

Wing

Feb 25, 2012
Hampton Bays
The "V2" on Fasttech is only $11.90. Maybe scoop another up? I know I am. That's the biggest drawback of the Arctic, the horrible capacity.

I picked up one of those. The extra capacity is nice, but I found the flavor a bit lacking when compared to the original.
I threw the new vented drip tip on the original and shelved the V2 until I really need the extra capacity.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Sweet Vapes sells a 5ml Arctic but I havnt seen it anywhere else.. wondering if its authentic.. know idk what tank to go with..
get the uwell crown if you wana do 30-50w
get the freemax starre v2 with ni200 if you wana do temp control 30-50J
get the tfv4 with quad coils if you wana do 80w+ vaping AND you DIY

all three are good options... except the third will probably kill your batteries like crazy... i already do 3 pairs of 18650s a day... imagine i get the tfv4... i might need 4-5 pairs lol

Reactions: MikeyConti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread