Best Sub-Ohm Tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I'm unimpressed with the Kanger Subtanks in all forms.

Im not happy with my Plus (newest version)... I've never gotten a 1.2Ohm coil to work/wick properly. I usually pick one up when I get the .5Ohm, and it wont even last 3 hits before it tosses juice in my mouth (spitback is an understatement). I have it working well with now with a .5Ohm coil vaping on an 80vg/20pg juice at 27w. I still need to slide a Q-Tip down the chimney if I let it sit for a while, and I really can't chain-vape it without it tasting a little toasty. Sucks too, because I love the 7ml capacity, and the way it looks.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I've always used Kanger tanks (still use Aero's for ADV) so of course I got a Subtank Mini. It worked great for the first month then it started going downhill. Flooding, bad taste, leaking(changed coils, cleaned it good) Still leaks a little on the bottom (prolly just an o-ring i need to replace) but Since I got the Horizon Artic tank I have not messed with the Kanger. The Horizon Artic tastes and performs so much better! I usually only run it at 30W with the air-hole gaps small to get that Cig pull..
I must try this Freemax Starre Pro with Ni coils everyone is talking about!

Reactions: AllElseFailed

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
The kanger subtank mini with the new vertical coils has won me over. Prior to the new coils I was falling in love with my Atlantis 2 but it drinks too much juice and mutes flavors a bit by comparison. I only have Atlantis's, Kanger subtanks and RDA's though so I can't speak to the rest of the competition. I can say the recent improvements in both the subtanks and the atlantis have left most of my RDA's on the shelf lately.

foie5

Aug 26, 2013
Ohio
1. Kanger Subtank (Full, Mini)
2. Kanger Subtank Nano (smaller diameter)
3. Morpheus V2
4. Aspire Atlantis 1 & 2
5. Herakles by Sense

Honorable Mention: Matrix by High Voltage

Anybody else with info that will blow my mind?
I need help bad.. I have a simple MVP and I've tried the kanger 1 2 3 nautlis mini, and a few others. I burn up my attys so quick. My juice is 50/50 I'm a mouth to lung hitter. What's.a good tank that has good taste and the atty lasts a long time? Thanks very much. Lisa in ohio

chuckinclouds88

Jun 4, 2015
I don't really like the Subtanks with the OCC coils. I went through coils in like a week at 22-24 watts on a Subtank Nano and a .5-ohm coil. That's not really acceptable considering I go through coils less often at more than twice the power level. Even building a coil at .6-.7 on my Plume Veil gives me the ability to vape it at 55-60 watts with absolutely no issues. $5 coils that last a week are a bad idea.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I haven't tried the vertical coils. What is their wattage rating?
Depends on the juice VG ratio. At 90-100% VG the coils are rated for 40 watts. At 50-60% VG they are rated up to 50 watts. I've been vaping them at 45 watts on 100% VG with zero dry hits.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Al in all the KT mini is a great tank. Even without the RBA coil head their still easy to rebuild.
I vape around 10ml a day and find that whatever I'm using, Atlantis (great), Arctic (great), but only for about 25ml of juice, then they all go down hill. So I just rebuild the coils and the vaping is back to great.
As for the vertical coils in the Atlantis and Arctic, the stock coils work great for the same 25ml of juice, and then go down hill.
I haven't found the right technique to rebuild these vertical coils, ( they never work as good as the stock coil )
BUT,,, that don't stop me from converting them to a horizontal coil.

The Arctic is a bit tricky with banging the sleeve of the coil out, replacing side cotton with aluminum from a can, re-insert the sleeve, make a hole through both sides of the aluminum, then running a horizontal coil/wick.
This works very nicely. (what I'm vaping at this very moment, in a 5ml {tall} Arctic Tank.)

The bottom line. Your going to pay for coils unless you take up the hobby and art of building coils and wicking.
The art of re-building (to me, and each his own), is fun and satisfaction when you nailed how to re-build and get that nice vape, (Cloud and Flavor).

To All, Enjoy
VapeOn

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I haven't tried the vertical coils. What is their wattage rating?
The wattage is the same as a horizontal coil, .5 ohm ---15 to 40 watts, (over 32 watts starts getting a little warm for me).
The problem I have is with the rebuilding of them, then even a .5-.8 ohm build doesn't seem to create enough vapor even with 30 watts.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
The wattage is the same as a horizontal coil, .5 ohm ---15 to 40 watts, (over 32 watts starts getting a little warm for me).
The problem I have is with the rebuilding of them, then even a .5-.8 ohm build doesn't seem to create enough vapor even with 30 watts.

The max rating on the horizontal is 30 watts, the max on the vertical is 50 watts.

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
Im not happy with my Plus (newest version)... I've never gotten a 1.2Ohm coil to work/wick properly. I usually pick one up when I get the .5Ohm, and it wont even last 3 hits before it tosses juice in my mouth (spitback is an understatement). I have it working well with now with a .5Ohm coil vaping on an 80vg/20pg juice at 27w. I still need to slide a Q-Tip down the chimney if I let it sit for a while, and I really can't chain-vape it without it tasting a little toasty. Sucks too, because I love the 7ml capacity, and the way it looks.
All my kangers gurgled. I drank more than I vaped. Always left me feeling disappointed after reading good feedback and expecting great things too the drip tip just ended up being more like a straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread