Best Sub-Ohm Tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
It really is relative to how you as a person vape for me the Kanger tanks are perfect I have a subox mini and a Innokin disrupter which never go above 25 watts I know it seems like a waste but it's there if I want to try, I like a cool mellow vape and this is where I feel comfortable. I have had no problems, I build my on coils and most importantly I am not smoking.
Well said! I cannot use high VG with my Elite 2 or Tobeco Super Mini; nor can I build my own coils with them. But I can run them both at 5.ohms, 20 watts, with a 70/30 or 65/35 mix and use up one coil a week vs 14 packs of cigarettes :)

I am going to buy a rebuild-able Flash E-Vapor as a Christmas present to myself later this month. But I guarantee you neither of my two current tanks are leaving my vaping area at home unless I take them somewhere. They are solid and they work for me :)

Attackonthebass

Sep 15, 2015
I didn't see what the big deal is about temp control myself. I've heard battery consumption, & no dry hits were good for TC. I've also heard @ different temperatures juices taste different, however I really didn't notice much of a taste difference.

I bought a 5 pack of coils & messed around with 1 & personally I like wattage mode. I like a warm vape, I thought that was the whole purpose of vaping. I keep trying to read or watch video's to find out how TC can benefit me & I'm not sold on it. I guess it''s cool that you never get a dry hit but I rarely if ever get a dry hit unless I'm dripping. I'm not sure if I need a larger TC mod to enjoy the pleasures of TC. I was wondering if because I only have an IPV D2 I might need something with more umph?

Reactions: STEVE S

STEVE S

Nov 25, 2015
CANADA BC town ABBOTSFORD
Well said! I cannot use high VG with my Elite 2 or Tobeco Super Mini; nor can I build my own coils with them. But I can run them both at 5.ohms, 20 watts, with a 70/30 or 65/35 mix and use up one coil a week vs 14 packs of cigarettes :)

I am going to buy a rebuild-able Flash E-Vapor as a Christmas present to myself later this month. But I guarantee you neither of my two current tanks are leaving my vaping area at home unless I take them somewhere. They are solid and they work for me :)

YA RITE ON RITE THATS AWSOME YOU LIKE TO AT A NICE WATTAGE WITHOUT CRANKING IT RITE UP AND BURNING THROUGH YOUR COULS FASTER..I MYSELF TO JUST STICK WITH .5ohm coil 22w IS PERFECT AND STILL CHUCKING CLOUDS ON THE ATLANTIS v1

STEVE S

Nov 25, 2015
I didn't see what the big deal is about temp control myself. I've heard battery consumption, & no dry hits were good for TC. I've also heard @ different temperatures juices taste different, however I really didn't notice much of a taste difference.

I bought a 5 pack of coils & messed around with 1 & personally I like wattage mode. I like a warm vape, I thought that was the whole purpose of vaping. I keep trying to read or watch video's to find out how TC can benefit me & I'm not sold on it. I guess it''s cool that you never get a dry hit but I rarely if ever get a dry hit unless I'm dripping. I'm not sure if I need a larger TC mod to enjoy the pleasures of TC. I was wondering if because I only have an IPV D2 I might need something with more umph?
I DID THE EXACT SAME THING I TRIED TEMP CONTROL DIDNT NOTICE ANY BETTER VAPE OR ANYTHING AND BURNED THROUGH MY BATTERY QUICKER,,,IM JUST GONNA STICK TO WATTAGE MODE ,,GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME

STEVE S

Nov 25, 2015

I HEARD THIS RUMOR THAT A SUB-OHM's TANKS LIFE IS ABOUT 6MONTHS THIS CANT BE TRUE I TAKE CARE OF MY TANK EVEN TAKE IT APART AND CLEAN IT IN WARM WATER AND FILL IT UP THE NEXT DAY WHEN ITS ALL DRY ...ATLANTIS V1

STEVE S

Nov 25, 2015
1. Kanger Subtank (Full, Mini)
2. Kanger Subtank Nano (smaller diameter)
3. Morpheus V2
4. Aspire Atlantis 1 & 2
5. Herakles by Sense

Honorable Mention: Matrix by High Voltage

Anybody else with info that will blow my mind?

AWSOME IM CURRENTLY USEING THE ATLANTIS V1 WITH V2 COILS GREAT TANK IVE HAD IT FOR 6 MONTHS NO PROBLEMS WITH IT NO DRY HITS USING .5 coils with ISTICK 40w on 22w STILL CHUCKING CLOUDS LIKE I JUST BOUGHT IT

STEVE S

Nov 25, 2015
+1 for the STM. I've never been an Aspire user nor have I had the need or desire to stray from Kanger.
Granted, I started on a Kanger Pro Tank and am the kind that likes to stick with one Brand/Manufacturer for Parts/Coils cross-applications and just the knowledge of & familiarity with a singular Brand as well as their Product Line. I progressed from there through all their Tanks up to the Mega.
But, after going to RTAs, RDAs, and Sub-Ohm Building a couple years ago, I gave up on the Kangers and sold all my Aeros and Megas as they just couldn't compare on any level with the RDAs. Frankly, the Vape left me lacking and torqued off after being extremely pleased and spoiled by the RDA/Build Experience.

But, now with the STM, it does a Fantastic job for what it is and actually is a "Go-To" for certain situations as opposed to being a Necessary Evil.
I like 'em so much I have 3. Two running the .5 OCC or Kanthal built on a Kbox and other on a SubBox. The 3rd running a Ni200 OCC or a Ti build in rotation on the SX Mini M TC.
I've said it before and stand behind the Statement firmly; You MAY be able to do better than the SubTanks (based on individual preference) BUT not in my Book or any factual Book for that matter when all Aspects are objectively considered & weighed.

Opinion Hour Soapbox humbly & graciously vacated.

HI SO NOW YOUR USING RDA ?? IS THAT LIKE THE LEVEL AFTER SUB-OHM ..?

STEVE S

Nov 25, 2015
+1 for the STM. I've never been an Aspire user nor have I had the need or desire to stray from Kanger.
Granted, I started on a Kanger Pro Tank and am the kind that likes to stick with one Brand/Manufacturer for Parts/Coils cross-applications and just the knowledge of & familiarity with a singular Brand as well as their Product Line. I progressed from there through all their Tanks up to the Mega.
But, after going to RTAs, RDAs, and Sub-Ohm Building a couple years ago, I gave up on the Kangers and sold all my Aeros and Megas as they just couldn't compare on any level with the RDAs. Frankly, the Vape left me lacking and torqued off after being extremely pleased and spoiled by the RDA/Build Experience.

But, now with the STM, it does a Fantastic job for what it is and actually is a "Go-To" for certain situations as opposed to being a Necessary Evil.
I like 'em so much I have 3. Two running the .5 OCC or Kanthal built on a Kbox and other on a SubBox. The 3rd running a Ni200 OCC or a Ti build in rotation on the SX Mini M TC.
I've said it before and stand behind the Statement firmly; You MAY be able to do better than the SubTanks (based on individual preference) BUT not in my Book or any factual Book for that matter when all Aspects are objectively considered & weighed.

Opinion Hour Soapbox humbly & graciously vacated.

I HEAR FROM ALOT OF PEOPLE KANGER SUB OHM TANKS HAVE WAY MORE FLAVOUR TO THERE VAPE ,,IM SURE IF I WOULD TRIED THE KANGER FIRST I WOULD HAVE STUCK TO BUT THE DAY I WENT TO GO BUY MY FIRST VAPOR SET UP THE GUY WORKING THERE HANDED ME THE ATLANTIS V1 WITH THE EXTENSION FOR 5ml BACK THEN I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT TANKS I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT SUB OHM WAS I BOUGHT IT BECAUSE IT LOOKED BIGGER THAN THE STARTER KITS

Reactions: JDC1958

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
@STEVE S

I am very knew to tanks and sub ohm so don't know how long a tank last. I honestly did not know a tank would wear out lol.

I think everyone’s taste buds and tolerances are very different. A good friend of mine at work who has been vaping over two years bought a Sub Ohm set-up about the same time I bought mine. He can't stand the sub ohm vape at .2 or .5. So now he is back to his old tank and looking for a new regular ohm tank to run on the box mod he bought.

My niece uses a Atlantis as well as another of my co-workers. They both like them a lot.

What ever one enjoys the most is the way to go.

Reactions: STEVE S

STEVE S

Nov 25, 2015
@STEVE S

I am very knew to tanks and sub ohm so don't know how long a tank last. I honestly did not know a tank would wear out lol.

I think everyone’s taste buds and tolerances are very different. A good friend of mine at work who has been vaping over two years bought a Sub Ohm set-up about the same time I bought mine. He can't stand the sub ohm vape at .2 or .5. So now he is back to his old tank and looking for a new regular ohm tank to run on the box mod he bought.

My niece uses a Atlantis as well as another of my co-workers. They both like them a lot.

What ever one enjoys the most is the way to go.

I WISHED THEY WOULD OF MADE THE ATLANTIS TANKS TOP FILL
YA I HEARD ON YOUTUBE FORUMS THAT THE ATLANTIS LEAKS THROUGH THE BOTTOM AIR FLOW AND SPIT OUT JUICE INTO YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU VAPE ,,IVE HAD NO ISSUES LIKE THAT SO FAR,,
OH FOR MY NEXT TANK IM GONNA STICK WITH SUB-OHM IM NOT INTO DRIPPING BUT MY NEXT TANK WILL BE THE CROWN U-WELL

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
HI SO NOW YOUR USING RDA ?? IS THAT LIKE THE LEVEL AFTER SUB-OHM ..?

I wouldn't say that/ Not a "Level Above" as you can build Sub-Ohm with an RDA same as any RTA/RBA. Safe to say the vast majority of RDA Users do indeed build theirs to the Sub-Ohm Parameters.

As far as not noticing any difference between TC and non-TC,,,,
Then (IMO) you are either doing something extremely wrong or using improper/inadequate/incapable Equipment and/or Devices.
There IS a noticeable difference.
The above coming from a 5 year Vaper who strongly resisted the TC Thing at first dismissing it as a Marketing Gimmick and Fraud.
I finally decided that Condemnation prior to proper Investigation (with proper Processes and Devices) was tantamount to slf-imposed arrogant Ignorance at its finest.
Now, I Vape corrected and 90%+ on TC Devices. AND, I do so with much more satisfaction and have actually attained Vape Nirvana on occasion :D

P.s. STEVE S; you may want to turn your CAPS LOCK OFF. Doesn't confront me personally but it does others. No sense in making waves for ya'self. No offense intended and your call :thumb:
Vape On & Enjoy :thumbs:

Reactions: Fullknight

dascud

Nov 30, 2015
Slough, UK
How is is the isub on airflow , flavor compared to the Subtank?
I really like the Subtank mini since I built my own coil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was happily sub ohming on a kangertech subtank mini with a 0.5 coil.....

Then I saw indoor smokers video on the apex. The selling point for me was the top air slot eliminating leaks. And that air slot is huge. The air slot on the drip tip really cools it down too.

But it chucks huge clouds compared to the subtank mini. Tastes good too. And I love the glass drip tip

I love it.

Downsides are: Seems really thirsty (but only a 3ml tank.... poor for a lump of metal that big)
Hard to see juice levels when the outer layer of glass fogs up

But airflow is ace.... way more than a subtank mini airflow. And it takes the same plug in/pull out coils as the iSub G. Easy fill from the top

I now only use my 2 subtank minis with the 1.2 ohm coils

Hope that essay helps hahaha

Reactions: Fullknight

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Kanger Subtank - hands down. The coilheads make replacing them a hell of a lot easier since they're square - meaning you can grip them even when covered with liquid and they won't slip. Also makes rebuilding them a joy because the hole in the side of the body is large enough to allow almost any size tool to easily fit inside the juice port. Plus the flavor on it, whether you open it wide open, or dial it down for a restrictive hit - is good all around. I dont know about some of the newer stuff... as I only own a Kanger Subtank and Subtank Mini. I own an Atlantis - the flavor was good - just not as good as the Kanger Which is why I havent purchased anymore sub ohm tanks. The Kanger Subtanks have kept me satisfied all the way around. Plus the Kanger Subtank / Mini have the RBA sections inside the package with them. Making it an all inclusive tank to go with if rebuilding on a Kayfun style deck is something you want to do.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521

Depends on the power being used and temperature setting you have will determine everything. Too high of a temp and you run the chance of burning your wick. Too much power and you'll burn out your batteries faster. Also depends on how you like to build.

I personally prefer TC in tanks that have full metal bodies and can't see my juice level. It helps - a lot.

dascud

Nov 30, 2015
Slough, UK
......The coilheads make replacing them a hell of a lot easier since they're square - meaning you can grip them even when covered with liquid and they won't slip......

Have you seen the coil change on the Apex? You don't even have to unscrew them. They unplug with an easy pull. There is no covered in eliquid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread