Status
Not open for further replies.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
Hey peeps,

The device I'm currently using is a V 2.5 provari. When I first got it the threads were perfectly smooth but after a month or so of constant use I've noticed that the threads aren't as 'fresh' as they were when I first bought it and it slightly squeaks when changing the battery.

So, I was wondering what substances would be okay to use to re-lubricate the threads. Would any of the following suffice? If so, which one would be best;

Petroleum jelly
Baby Oil
Coco butter
Olive oil
WD-40

Thanks in advance!
-PS-

Hey peeps,

The device I'm currently using is a V 2.5 provari. When I first got it the threads were perfectly smooth but after a month or so of constant use I've noticed that the threads aren't as 'fresh' as they were when I first bought it and it slightly squeaks when changing the battery.

So, I was wondering what substances would be okay to use to re-lubricate the threads. Would any of the following suffice? If so, which one would be best;

Petroleum jelly
Baby Oil
Coco butter
Olive oil
WD-40

Noalox, probably. Plant (or animal) based oils will decay, baby oil is awfully thin for the task. I wouldn't have any objection to WD-40 or petroleum jelly, though.

Thanks in advance!
-PS-[/QUOTE]

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
Sorry, just to clarify I was talking about the threads on the bottom where the battery goes in. I replace the battery maybe once a day. I don't think I've ever took off my RBA from it yet.

My dad just happened to have a giant bottle of noalox lying around in his shop. SCORE!
Worked like a charm. Threads are buttery smooth now. Thanks! =)

the_guy

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
United States
wd-40 will remove any gunk thats built up between the threads. If you spray some of that, use an old toothbrush to loosen up anything that is stuck, and then spray again. Wipe clean. You might also want to take a paper towel with wd-40 for the cartridge, just to clean any residuals. Then, best bet is to get a silicon spray (something to lubricate your garage door) and use a bit of that. It will also loosen any remaining dirt.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread