Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Right now I am using an ihybrid with 400 SS mesh and a twisted coil of 32g. It still gunks the coil, but burning it off as needed works for me.

Hopefully others will come in and tell us what set up they are using. I'll ask in chit chat.

Edit: I asked Paul to come in and lend his rba expertise. He vapes Twisted, so should be able to help.

Last edited:

cool breeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Boston
Right now I am using an ihybrid with 400 SS mesh and a twisted coil of 32g. It still gunks the coil, but burning it off as needed works for me.

Hopefully others will come in and tell us what set up they are using. I'll ask in chit chat.

Edit: I asked Paul to come in and lend his rba expertise. He vapes Twisted, so should be able to help.

The IHybrid web site say that it is sold out until 9/11/2013 :ohmy:, so that doesn't look like much of an option :(. I gather the iHybrid is a Genesis style RBA, so at least that is a starting point for my search.

The info on the wick and coil you are using is also helpful, though I am currently too nervous about the safety issues raised with SS mesh to go that route. So any suggestions for Genesis style RBAs with non-SS wicks would be appreciated.

Responding to some other suggestions:

I tried carto tanks in the past (still have a few), but never liked them. The mailman is supposed to deliver my first eVod tomorrow. I will fill it with House or Twisted and post my impressions.

Last edited:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
That's for the commemorative one. Look for the standard one, there's a link to the site where they are available monthly. Most rba's work the same, the ihy is just what I am currently using. I have a few cheap rba's that work just fine as well.

I am trying out a ceramic wick right now, but am not sure if I like it yet.

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
The cheapest way if your ok with wrapping coils is to buy a cheap dripping atty.

And use a setup like this for dripping this is a drip and vape and u can dry burn 10 times a day if u want.
papu4ema.jpg

Add silica For holding more juice. and a great vape by the way.
yhura7yr.jpg

From my phone

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
The IHybrid web site say that it is sold out until 9/11/2013 :ohmy:, so that doesn't look like much of an option :(. I gather the iHybrid is a Genesis style RBA, so at least that is a starting point for my search.

The info on the wick and coil you are using is also helpful, though I am currently too nervous about the safety issues raised with SS mesh to go that route. So any suggestions for Genesis style RBAs with non-SS wicks would be appreciated.

I tried carto tanks in the past (still have a few), but never liked them. The mailman is supposed to deliver my first eVod tomorrow. I will fill it with House or Twisted and post my impressions.

I'm 4 tanks into twisted with evod and just starting to need a clean.

From my phone

cool breeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Boston
Thanks for the information. What atty, wick and coil are pictured (or what would you recommend)?

Unfortunately for me, there are too many times in the day (driving, etc.) when dripping isn't practical, so while I may get a dripping atty, I am still searching for a tank system, rebuildable or not, that minimizes the buildup issue with House and Twisted.

Is there anything that can be done with the flavor manufacturer to redouble the pressure to change the formula for the one ingredient that is causing buildup? Refer them to this thread and other similar threads? Anything short of waterboarding is OK by me.

DarklyNoon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
Virginia
The cheapest way if your ok with wrapping coils is to buy a cheap dripping atty.

And use a setup like this for dripping this is a drip and vape and u can dry burn 10 times a day if u want.
papu4ema.jpg

Add silica For holding more juice. and a great vape by the way.
yhura7yr.jpg

From my phone

First time I've seen a horizontal stainless wick in one of these types of attys. I'm gonna hafta do that in my phoenix. Had seen the vertical style only.

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
Last edited:

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
Ehhhh sorry you might be SOL have u tried twisted? it gets better mileage.. Im not a house guy but it sux when your fav juice is a pain to vape. I would sugest you wrap a coil at 2.5~~3.0 and vape at a low setting any hot vape will start the clogging process. Im playing with ribbon wire now but no house juice to test lol.

I have pics to compare 2 at different v both pics taken after a week i will post later.

Thanks for the information. What atty, wick and coil are pictured (or what would you recommend)?

Unfortunately for me, there are too many times in the day (driving, etc.) when dripping isn't practical, so while I may get a dripping atty, I am still searching for a tank system, rebuildable or not, that minimizes the buildup issue with House and Twisted.

Is there anything that can be done with the flavor manufacturer to redouble the pressure to change the formula for the one ingredient that is causing buildup? Refer them to this thread and other similar threads? Anything short of waterboarding is OK by me.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I use CE2 XL Fluxomizers from GotVapes. 2.8 ohm, 1.8ml capacity. I vape a 60/40 pg/vg. I can usually get through 3 or 4 refills before a cleaning is needed. They look like thin versions of Vivi Novas, but for some reason, the Nova drastically changes the flavor. But I never have any problems with wicking. The build up does slightly change the flavor of the juice as it nears close to cleaning time, but it isnt enough to taste bad. When it does get to that point, it isnt due to the seepage as much as it is the buildup on the coil itself. And I can clean 3 fluxos in 15 minutes with the aid of a small fan/heater to help the dry out a little faster.

You REALLY should try the Kanger eVod. www.ivape.com has them for $1 less than gotvapes.com You do need an 510 to EGO adapter, though. I tried the Fluxomizer on your recommendation. They were good, but the eVod is GREAT!!!! And 1/2 the price.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.

310Vapers.com - e-cigarette mods, genesis device, hybrid mod, Advanced PV's, APV, Orion, iHybrid, Macaveli, Juggernaut and more! sells IHybrids. They're sold out now, but sign up for email notification. They'll give you a heads up ~24 hours before they go on sale. But be ware: Be at your comp, ready to buy, because they sell out SUPER fast!!!

What's a Genesis style atty? Just the RBA with tank, SS wick and Kanthal coil?

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
I just got my first bottle of Copper Creek. Went with popular opinion and got Houseblend. PG/VG 60/40 12mg. Loved the smell, but felt it should steep, so did that for about 4 days. Yet I haven't gotten as much depth as I expected. Were my expectations too high?

I tried it on a dripping atty first, w/ SS wrap over cotton wick. Liked it enough, so built a couple oddy's; one dual-coil, one single.

I find this a finicky vape. Maybe to be expected from a NET base, as this is my first I don't know. I call it finicky because it seems really temperature sensitive. If I'm too cold the flavor doesn't really come out, but if it's too hot burns easy. My sweet spot seems to be right around 7.3 watts. Anything lower than 6 watts I gurgle too much, but 8 watts is burning taste. Dual coil was nice at first but seemed to collect the crud much faster - think it's due to more surface area to stick to. In general this is crud-making juice. I also find the flavor a little hollow. I don't experience a lasting flavor - it's just there slightly on an inhale but goes away fast.

I set up an AGA-T2+ also. Two wicks & coils. I can always expect excellent flavor from this atty but it's not my preference because it's a fixed airflow. I also ran into a major crud factor & found I couldn't really exceed 7 watts w/o burned taste.

If anyone reading this can recommend another Copper Creek flavor that keeps the desert-like goodness of the HB but adds more of what I would call a "black" tobacco spicy aftertaste (like the smell of Bali-Shag) - much appreciation. I'm on a quest.

FYI... Genesis is a particular style of RBA. It's become as generic a term as "510 connection". Specifically it's a SS roll wick, vertically placed in a tank, with a coil wrapped over the wick in an air chamber separated from the juice tank. Usually there is an air-hole in the side of the air chamber that allows an inhale. More complex versions are around now. Popular Geni's are the AGA-T2+, The Griffon, The DID, and the unicorn is The Line. There are many others, and it's becoming popular to hybridize these (atty+MOD are integrated) because it's really the most simple tank RBA system.

There's some kind of history I don't remember - I think the Genesis was the first of this type of atty, but I always thought The DID came first. I know the first RBA's I ever encountered were the Pheonix and the DID; last year's unicorns (or has it been 2 years?) now a-dime-a-dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread