Best Tank System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
I have to go with the Protank myself. I know there are a lot of glass tanks, but the Protank is a clearomizer where most other glass tanks are DCT or RBA. Then you factor is that they are under $20.00 compared to many $30 and up glass DCT and RBA tanks, you can't beat the Protank. Here is a link to a rather thorough Protank article that gives a very detailed overview ...

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
I started with the Volcano Inferno - tank and cartomizers but have recently been trying clearomizers but find that they leak from time to time and when the vaping liquid gets low there can be a burnt tast even though the wicks look saturated. I recently purchased a Ismoka tank that has a bottom feed system -- I hae only been vaping with it for a few days but I find that I has the best of both the volcano and clearomizer systems in one. The flavor using the Ismoka is great (like the clearomizer) no leaking.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I had been a die hard clearo lover until I picked up a Boge F17. I haven't found anything to match the flavor or vape. I love it.

That said the Boge F17 I got has some inner oring issues that make it leaky if I am not careful with it. I Did order a 5 pack of DCT tanks from Fasttech and they just arrived. SO far I can already tell the orings are MUCH tighter and the plastic is not clear so I am thinking they mightbe polypro and stand up to tank cracker juices YAY!

I use a cartomizer tank with a dual coil cartomizer, and I find it pretty easy, and the taste is great.

I also have a Kanger Protank. After all the raving I heard on here, I thought that would be even better. Oddly, I'm disappointed. It all comes down to what you like best.

have you tried the protank after pulling the top feeder wick piece out? It's totally unnecessary and mutes flavor.

There is no reason for a cartotank to leak when laid down on its side. I've had up to 20 cartotanks at one point or another, made from several different manufacturers, and none have leaked period, regardless of position. I can't even guess why your tanks leak. Bad o-rings? Poor-fitting end caps?

And yet MANY people including several well known video reviewers frequently comment on leaky carto tanks. There are so many reasons for them to leak it needs it's own thread.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
And yet MANY people including several well known video reviewers frequently comment on leaky carto tanks. There are so many reasons for them to leak it needs it's own thread.
Oh, like none of the other delivery devices have never leaked or had their own issues? :facepalm: And I challenge your statement that several well known video reviewers frequently comment on leaky cartotanks. That is an extreme exageration. Provide the evidence with links.

If a cartotank leaks, it is almost always a user error. Like any delivery device, it's a good idea to set up and use the device as it was designed to be used. So many new vapors never bother to find instructions on how to use their device and when they don't get the results that they expect, declare the device to be flawed, when what is flawed is their lack of knowledge which can easily be found here on the forum or on the internet.

I stand by my original statement. Never had a cartotank leak. Then again, aside from my very first plastic Smoktech DCT tank that cost $10, I've since purchased tanks of decent quality. In my experience, for better quality (better fitting parts, better o-rings, better tube materials such as pyrex or polypropylene) one needs to spend at least $20 for a decent quality cartotank. Based on my long experience and also my opinion which I believe is well respected on this forum.

Not being a snob, but you get what you pay for. You can purchase an under $20 tank, but that cheap tank very well might leak. In the long run, comparing the vape I get from a quality cartotank compared to a any clearotank, I'll gladly pay an additional $5 for the quality cartotank.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Oh, like none of the other delivery devices have never leaked or had their own issues? :facepalm:

I stand by my original statement. Never had a cartotank leak. Then again, aside from my very first plastic Smoktech DCT tank that cost $10, I've since purchased tanks of decent quality. In my experience, for better quality (better fitting parts, better o-rings, better tube materials such as pyrex or polypropylene) one needs to spend at least $20 for a decent quality cartotank. Based on my long experience and also my opinion which I believe is well respected on this forum.

Not being a snob, but you get what you pay for. You can purchase an under $20 tank, but that cheap tank very well might leak. In the long run, comparing the vape I get from a quality cartotank compared to a clearotank, I'll gladly pay an additional $5 for the quality cartotank.

Yep I def have an IBTanked glass tank on my buy list. Just working the vape budget for next month to make sure I have my DIY juice supplies first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread