Best tank THAT WONT LEAK for my sigelei 150w TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
I've tried two different OBS T-VCT's, being sure to close off air flow when I refill, with brand new o-rings, priming them first, and am still experiencing leaking. I haven't even tried the TC mode yet and am not necessarily interested. I have had some people swear the Uwell crown doesn't leak, but just read through some comments and reviews on YouTube and see some people claiming their crown leaks and/or they are going through coils like crazy. I have also heard the Uwell crown is meant for lower wattage devices. The T-VCT, coil wise, I love; I don't go through a lot of coils what so ever, (only about 1 per month!) and don't plan on learning to build anytime soon. The leaking isn't awful or costing me alot; it is only around 1 ML every day or two. It's just annoying and inconvenient. Is there a happy medium, where I will see next to no leaking and will still experience the coil longevity that I do in the T-VCT?

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have a tfv4 and an OBS Crius, neither have ever leaked on me. But there are Alot of folks that say they have leaked on them. I build all mine so wicking could be the issue for some folks. Bang for the buck get the tfv4 as it has one of the largest selections of coils on the market, if you don't want to build.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
Well there ya go... there's no perfection here... with anything... anywhere you go, someTHING or someONE is gonna F-up. but it doesn't have to be YOU experiencing it. Let it be the other guy (or gal). Just playin' a bit. I'm sorry. Or maybe not. Whatever the case, be that as it may, I'm here to tell you, ^that^ guy HtRn is giving you good advice about the TFV4... but IF you don't take it (as I've heard the TFV4 leaks too); Let me assure you - The Uwell Crown - using the manufacturer's pre-made coils - and taking the necessary (almost common sense) precautions... DOESN'T leak... at all... in my experience (which of course, is limited - but consistent I might add). :)

No insult intended for any of the unfortunate few, who've experienced some misfortune with their Crown's. No doubt someday, sometime in the unforeseeable future, it's bound to happen to me as well. Good luck, Hope you manage to stay dry. ;^)

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
I'm thinking about buying the TFV4 guys. I am still not 100% convinced between the crown and the TFV4 though. I don't mind juice consumption, as long as its not from leaking. I do vape at a pretty low wattage though, (18-25.) Would the TFV4 be conducive to this with my sigelei 150 W? Or do you think the crown? Honestly I haven't met a tank that didn't knock my socks off vape wise, it's the damn leaking....I did notice the juice air flow inside the tank is very minimal with TFV4 compared to my OBS, which seems like it couldn't hurt

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
Hmm. Appreciate your input. Still don't know whether I should just stick with the OBS as the leaking-coil longevity might not cost me as much as a tank that doesnt leak but has less longevity coil wise. Damned if I do damned if I don't lol. Just seems like the liquid in this tank gets HOT so quickly. Like after three "chain puffs." And then when it gets hot the flood gates open...

Last edited:

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
The experience of vaping a certain tank and coil at 25w can be very different than another tank and coil combo. I vape my kanger sub mini, with slight occasional leaking, not enough to stain anything, at 28w with the 0.5 coil. Very pleasant taste but not as intense body or vapor as a Crown, Herakles, or TFV4. I would equate my kanger experience at 28w with the Crown at 50w with 0.5 stainless, and I would use the Crown at 60 something instead.

TFV4..... I heard that SMOK improved the O rings on the Mini version, to lessen leaking. It is a bit small for the juice it eats and the original coils are Clapton and sextuplet. The original comes with tri and quad. Wide variety available that work in both however.

One thing I learned in 4 months as a relative noob, all tanks have quirks and tradeoffs. No exception. I sought to avoid my first issue as each new tank presented some other compromise. If I take my Crown for the day, I will carry a spare coil and another tank like my kanger sub mini to use while letting the priming soak in. My Atlantis V2 is reliable though the tradeoff is a softer flavor. I could go on ad nauseum...

Since you already have the OBS, you can try something like the Crown, knowing you have something familiar just in case. Depends also on the mission. Quit analogs vs developing a hobby or in my case, quit analogs and have nice experience, but I dont like my day focused around a replacement for a bad habit, except for rare slow periods at work when I have time on my hands, like now.

I have not had leaks with other than kanger, but others have been less lucky, and again, the kanger has not yet made a real mess.

Cvantuss

Nov 14, 2015
I have the sub tank nano, the crown, and the tfv4. The subtank is my daily driver, goes with me to work and elesewhere. I run the .5 coil at about 25 watts and it does what it does perfectly. The crown and tf4v are about the same for me, I like the premade coils on the crown much better, but I love the rba on the tf4v. It all depends on what you want to do, but for a great tank with readily available stock ciols and the option of an rba, you probably can't go wrong with the subtank mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread