best temp control mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanddeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2014
Tulsa, Ok, USA
Right now I am highly considering the evic VT. The only downside is it's only 60 watts which may not be good for a tank like the uwell crown which I am also highly considering, mainly when I use the stainless steel coils . That or the Triton. I was thinking about the snow wolf but seems pretty crazy. Whats a very good easy to use good wattage level TC box mod. Both for nickle and kanthal builds?

Second which is a better tank? Triton or the Crown. The crown has an easier to build rba but both have stainless steel coils. What do you prefer?

Tonkpils

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Ontario
Sigelei is releasing their 150watt TC device, so temp control and high wattage. But, I run 2 SX Mini M Series mods and with the latest firmware, gets to 75 watt. This is higher than I need for 99% of the subtanks and such I run on them.

The Sig150W will be dual 18650 which should greatly improve the battery life issue as well as the extra wattage.

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
The Sig150W will be dual 18650 which should greatly improve the battery life issue as well as the extra wattage.

My thinking too, plus I have 2 of the simple 150watt mods from Sig and I love them too for dripping! So IMO, Sig makes some good stuff.

Reactions: Tonkpils

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I really like the Sigelei 75. It is small and super easy to use. The Evic-VT does have the advantage of also having a Ti setting, but I don't use Ti coils, so it doesn't really affect me. The Evic-VT is also a great looking mod. With a 5000 mah battery, the Evic-VT does last a super long time between charges. The Snow Wolf is nice and super easy to use as well, although being a dual battery mod and with glass sides, it is pretty heavy. The Sigelei 75 and Snow Wolf has an edge over the Evic-VT in that it can go up to 75 watts in TC mode versus 60, although I always use all three at 45 watts. I don't use the Crown, although I hear that the Crown requires a high wattage in order to work well. I'm currently using the Freemax Starre Pro, the Triton and the Atlantis 2 as TC tanks and they all work well at 45 watts.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
I just got an IPV 4S and it's super fantastic! 120W which is waaaaay more power than I'll ever need. I haven't gotten the chance to use any NI coils yet as I am waiting on Slowtech to send them for my Kanger subtank. The IPV 4S requires 2 18650 batteries and they last quite a long time. I'm not into rebuilding, so I couldn't give any good suggestions on that.

nancybout

ECF Veteran
I got the evicVT and so far I'm happy and no regrets I got the whole set for 60$ top and bottom at a deal so yeah worth it.
It is so easy easy easy to use temp control and all with it.
Begs to be used w temp control IMO!
60w is plenty for me depends on what your needs are ... Eventually I will up it but for now I'm happy and love the appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Vaping anything is better with quality equipment. I am using the Vaporflask, by Vaporshark, rDNA40 with dual batts. Very impressed. I am also using the rDNA40. Small, well-built, and my Vaporshark rDNA30 is fine also. I have had the two rDNA40s now for 2 months. I went with them because the YiHi didn't read resistance as well and the hardware around it was flimsy.

Just my experience.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The 5 I am looking at are Protovapor's XPV, Smok's X Cube 2, Hcigar's VT 40, Sx M class and the Seigeli 75w. I can't decide which.
I'm not familiar with the first three, but of the SX Mini M Class and the Sigelei 75, I would choose the Sigelei 75. They are both the same size, about the same weight, and both vapes nickel coils equally well, but the Sigelei 75 is 1/3 the price. The SX Mini does have an advantage in that you can upgrade the firmware, but even with the latest upgrade to include a Ti mode, you're still stuck with a max of 50 joules in Ni mode.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
For a single 18650 device I still consider the SX Mini king, but I think its overpriced now that the market is getting saturated with quality mods at a fraction the cost. IMHO the Sigelei 75W is tough to beat when looking for value for the money and a quality piece.

For a dual 18650 device, I think Sigelei wins again being a (relatively) low priced quality mod. I'm just not seeing much outside the Sigelei that appeals to me just yet though there are some promising products out there like the Whiteout, vaporflask SX350j to name a couple though I'll likely pass. One is just too new, the other depends on pricing.

That said, I think Cloudmaker is going to be a company to watch. The devices they are making look very appealing and reasonably priced. If those Whiteouts live up to the hype, they're going to quickly become a big player on the market I think.

Before anyone starts blurting "Get the DNA200!", I've gotta say wait and see on that one. If it has flaws/performance issues that a firmware can't fix but it mostly works, you're screwed, Evolv (given its history) won't stand behind their product, only the people who buy the fixed product get the fixed product. Let the early adopters be Evolv's guinea pigs

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I just went through all this to buy my first TC mod. I ended up choosing the IPV 4S. It's $61 from GearBest, Free shipping. 120 watts, 50J with NI200 and 100J with Ti wire. Two 18650 batteries @2500mah? That's 5000mah. I can easily go 2 full days on that much, without having to swap out batteries. Can't wait to try out my first TC mod.

nancybout

ECF Veteran
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438366518.148912.jpg

Here it is !! I have a new blue sleeve coming the white one slipped off and is missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MoDmAnDaN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread