Best thing for people flying with vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
I fly a bunch and always have a full tank ready for when I get a quick second to taste some goodness. I found my setup would leak something awful as the plane changed cabin pressure. My fix, and it works really well (sorry drippers), it to put one of those taster condoms you get when trying new juice at the shop over my drip tip and rest my vape upside down in the seat pocket. No more leakage and I dont find little pieces of pretzels in my drip tip. I have to admit, a nice stale piece of salty pretzel does mix nicely with my caramel but is otherwise really gross. Hope this helps at least one traveler. Thanks.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I fly all the time as well and never had either plastic or glass bottles leak, My most recent flight was yesterday and included 4 glass bottles, 2 each in small ziplock baggies and all with eye dropper caps, didn't leak a drop.

Kayfuns are a different story, they'll definitely leak if upright, I had 4 with me...just make sure they're inverted and you'll be fine. I typically keep only one with maybe 1ml of juice in it and the others empty, on those occasions I had more in the tank I had no leaks when inverted.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
film_canisters.jpg

Wonder if these things would work

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
most of the bottom coiled tanks will have reduced leak potential if stored upside down during cabin pressure changes, Gennies should be stored upright ( since the tank is below the wick hole)... putting tanks in an air/pressure tight container is moot, once you break the seal of the container, the differential in air pressures will cause the tank to leak during the equilazation process...
the idea is to keep the juice away from the wick/feed hole during pressure changes....
if it is possible, another option would be to fill the tank to a point where there is NO air in it... liquid doesnt expand/contract as does air... no air, no expansion, no leak...

xwarp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Tucson AZ
all with eye dropper caps, didn't leak a drop.

The eye dropper rubber bulb allowed for some expansion of the liquid as the last time you opened it was most likely on the ground.

Before flight, I'd recommend squeezing the bulb while closing up the bottle as that would displace a little more juice, (essentially creating a little bit of a vacuum in the bottle).

As far as tanks go, no real suggestion other than turning them upside down as the liguid isn't feeding the wick and then leaking as the pressure builds up in the tank from altitude change.

Reactions: lovemytank

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I use plastic bottles for the liquids. Squeeze all the air out that I can and screw the top back on. No leaks. I do this with everything I can, even with stuff that goes into checked luggage.

I do like that condom idea for over the drip tip. When I fly, I do turn my Kayfun upside down and that does prevent leaking.

Reactions: lovemytank

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
When I fly with my high end stuff, I just empty it all out before take off. I grab a Blu, or the like, for hypothetical use on or around the flight. If I'm on a vape friendly flight, as some can be, I don't fill the tank till we reach cruising altitude and all is good.

Please tell us what airlines are vape friendly, I didn't think there were any...or are you talking about private planes ?

Reactions: mare ze dotes

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
So far I have been able to openly vape on several airlines. I am not saying this is their policy, just my experience. South African Airways, Virgin Australia and Quantas. I was able to use ciggalikes on all three with no problems whatsoever. I will add that I was travelling in First class on those trips, not sure if that made a difference. I have also heard that Cathay pacific and Aer Lingus are vape friendly, but I can not confirm.

Reactions: Verb

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
So far I have been able to openly vape on several airlines. I am not saying this is their policy, just my experience. South African Airways, Virgin Australia and Quantas. I was able to use ciggalikes on all three with no problems whatsoever. I will add that I was travelling in First class on those trips, not sure if that made a difference. I have also heard that Cathay pacific and Aer Lingus are vape friendly, but I can not confirm.

That won't be happening on U.S. domestic flights.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I will be travelling for about a fortnight in late August for the first time since I took up vaping. So let me get some things clear. I don't intend to vape on the plane - it's a short 2 hour flight. So, regulated mods and spare batteries in the hand luggage, right. Empty mechs, tanks, rdas and juice, properly packed, can go in checked in luggage. I suppose I should also take some kanthal and cotton and a few basic tools also in checked luggage. Am I correct on all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread