Best tobacco for flavor extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I found out from friends and trial and error the best steeping method is to try the extract/liquid periodically. When YOU like the taste, that is the time to go for the gold, so to speak.
For me, the shortest (for the most part) "tastes good" steep has been about 4 weeks. I start filling spare tanks at that point and take a few puffs every few days. I'm amazed at the flavor change (at least with some of them) from week to week.

I may make an exception with one that I just made though. It's a pouch tobacco I thought I'd try, just for the fish----(the Halibut ;)). It's Missouri Meerschaum, Great Dane. Oh my, it smells good! :)

My longest "tastes good" steep was with Samuel Gawith, Full Virginia Flake. I seriously thought about tossing that one because it was so dry and grassy, even after several weeks. Sure glad I didn't because it turned in to a very sweet, very tasty vape. Too sweet for an ADV, but nice to pick up once in a while.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Can anyone tell me the expected shelf life of NET extracts (PG based)? I've been working like a mad scientist accumulating tobaccos, mixing, heating, storing, filtering, etc. Just don't want to get ahead of my self.
Thanks!
Read back. This has been discussed many times. Short version - they'll last a loooong time, especially in the freezer.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
The key to long term storage of extracts and mixed NET is; airtight glass bottles, minimum headspace, protecting them from sunlight (UV) and keeping them cool, the cooler the better. When kept at room temperature and in a dark place they can last for years. Stored in a refrigerator they'll last even longer. I've yet to try it but suspect stored in a freezer they'd last for decades.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Can anyone tell me the expected shelf life of NET extracts (PG based)? I've been working like a mad scientist accumulating tobaccos, mixing, heating, storing, filtering, etc. Just don't want to get ahead of my self.
Thanks!

I have to say Str8vision nailed it. use his method

Reactions: happy valley

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Today at 8:53 AM
[Removed]

We'll beat any competitors price GUARANTEED!
[Removed]

TODAY ONLY

Glycerin Prices after discount:

16oz. - - $2.90 / bottle

10 lb. jug - $9.91 / jug

50 lb. pail - $39.68 / pail

55 gallon drum ~ $.59 / lb.

4-55 gallon drums. ~ $.55 / lb.

72 drum truckload ~ $.50 / lb.

45000 lb. tank truck ~ $.385 / lb.

Simply use coupon code [Removed] at checkout this week only!

(This coupon offer is not valid with other coupon offers, custom quotes or other discounts. Expires tonight at midnight)

[Removed]

Natural Essentials Inc 125 Lena Dr Aurora, Ohio 44202

Last edited by a moderator:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Hearth & Home Virginia Spice is a little different than your typical sweet Virginia/ Perique blend. A touch of Maduro cigar leaf is added to give it a somewhat unique flavor. It is not as smokey as a Latakia blend, but it is stronger than '84 Turkish and a little more complex than Louisiana Red.
Just my :2c:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
My longest "tastes good" steep was with Samuel Gawith, Full Virginia Flake.
Once I get around to filling out AnthonyB's NET poll this will fall high on the list of favs. I'm averaging around 12 weeks soaking.

Hearth & Home Virginia Spice is a little different than your typical sweet Virginia/ Perique blend. A touch of Maduro cigar leaf is added to give it a somewhat unique flavor. It is not as smokey as a Latakia blend, but it is stronger than '84 Turkish and a little more complex than Louisiana Red.
Just my :2c:

This sounds like a grand one for me since '84 Turkish and Louisiana Red get gone through quickly. I just filled my squonker with the '84 and have Freight Train in the other.

For some reason I'm not getting Alerts to new posts on this thread which is irritating because I keep forgetting to stop by.

I have about eight jarred up now with only about five weeks on them. Two are the new Perique blends from P&C.
RO Perique Series Blend B-41 - Pipes and Cigars
and
RO Perique Series Blend SV-23 - Pipes and Cigars

Hoping y'all have a Merry Christmas and that we continue this winding stroll in the future!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Why was my post as to where you can save a lot on glycerin taken down?
If this is how this forum works, so long friends......

it looked as if it was an advertisement... if it was meant to be one and you are not a registered supplier, then it wont go...

if it was allowed to happen, then ECF would be nothing but advertisements and having to sift thru hundreds ( if not thousands) of ads just to find real responces would be a nightmare...

plus, it would eat up all the storage space ECF needs for archiving and recent postings...

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
it would probably be better to post a link to the site offering the sale instead of posting the full add...

as stated, {Use vegetable glycerin? check out this sale to save} it was meant to save friends on the thread some money. I will follow your advice in the future to post a website, although that could be construed as a advertisement to steer folks to the sellers site.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
true, it could be construed as such... but its "more acceptable" than a full blown banner/poster type of posting ...

if the powers to be wanted to, they could even deny us the ability to mention all providers as such...

something in the nature of " Hey people, I found this site that is having a sale... check it out"
this way, it imposes that you are not offering the items for sale, that someone else is and you are just informing the readers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread