Best tobacco for flavor extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
If you use VG, Bulk Apothecary has a big sale {26% off listed price} on their USP, Kosher vegetable glycerin.
P.S. They sell by weight... example 10 lbs equals one gallon.

Web site for glycerin:
Glycerin

We'll beat any competitors price GUARANTEED! As one of the nation's largest suppliers of glycerin, we have about 1 million lbs. available and ready to ship. For a limited time take 26% off all Glycerin Sizes.

Glycerin Prices after discount:

16oz. - - $2.90 / bottle

10 lb. jug - $9.91 / jug

50 lb. pail - $39.68 / pail

55 gallon drum ~ $.59 / lb.

4-55 gallon drums. ~ $.55 / lb.

72 drum truckload ~ $.50 / lb.

45000 lb. tank truck ~ $.385 / lb.

Simply use coupon code VGSALE at checkout this week only.

(This coupon offer is not valid with other coupon offers, custom quotes or other discounts. Expires Sunday at midnight)

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
This is basically my goal... have a morning/before work NET which will stave off nic cravings for approx. 2 to 4 hours at a time.

One of the good things about being retired, I can enjoy my NETs anytime I want without a care in the world.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Don't mean to derail this thread, but heck, it is essentially about extracted tobacco...

I was just curious... Have any of you NET heads tried WTA with your NET. I'm about to give Om Vapor and Mothers Milk WTA a go to see if it is "all that and a bag of chips". ;)
With my NET, no. In addition to my NET's, yes!

I have a seperate tank of unflavored WTA. I add 10% WTA, mixed to my normal nic strength of 6mg/ml. I'll take a few hits from it here and there throughout the day as needed. Or sometimes chain vape it, if NEEDED!

I'd been vaping about 6-8 months when I first started using it and found that it greatly helped with the cognitive/emotional issues I was having at the time. Got away from it for about 18 months and recently (2-3 months ago) realized that I was having those same issues again. Ordered some more and things are better now.

For those of us that need it, it's a Godsend. For those that don't, I doubt they will feel the same effect. Maybe some, but not to the same degree. I've postulated that those of us that it helps the most are perhaps mildly bipolar, and the WTA levels things out for us.

I can't speak to the manufactures that you mentioned as I've not tried them. However, Aroma Ejuice is "all that and a bag of chips". :) For me anyhow. ;)

Please let us know how it works for you.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
For those of us that need it, it's a Godsend. For those that don't, I doubt they will feel the same effect. Maybe some, but not to the same degree.

Your reply sent me on the wonderful journey of researching nicotine in the nootropic arena. There is some very interesting reading material out there concerning this topic.

I'm glad you found WTA beneficial. I will certainly pass along my findings.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Your reply sent me on the wonderful journey of researching nicotine in the nootropic arena. There is some very interesting reading material out there concerning this topic.

I'm glad you found WTA beneficial. I will certainly pass along my findings.
Please do. :thumb:

Also, while you are researching, you might look in to Ashwagandha and Rhodiola.

While WTA helps to establish my emotional base line, Ashwagandha and Rhodiola (taken together in the AM) give me a "leg up". I don't take them that often as I like to stay as close to that base line as possible. However, they work wonders if I've been especially stressed or know that I'm going to have a stress filled day.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
As time passes....progress is made...... at least for NETs!
Filtered and mixed the Billy Bud and Acadian Perique tobaccos. The Back Down South tobacco needs more time but its progressing.
As far as my everyday NETs; they just seem to get better. The ryeback, still "grassy", has meloed out. Cohiba still a rich cigar flavor is even richer with more depth. LA Red and Nightcap, beyond excellent.
Just my :2c:
Your milage may vary.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
In a somewhat extraordinary and unexpected development Scott Gottlieb, the newly appointed head of FDA, has announced that the submission deadline for PMTAs is to be delayed until 2022.
This is a de-facto endorsement of the vaping industry and heads off the cataclysmic demise that was set in motion by the previous administration. :rickroll::toast:

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Testing, as we all do or that's what I call it when it's hard to wait, Billy Budd. The flavor is already good even after a week steep. Getting a Virginia, burly with a light cigar flavor. Reminds me of my Ohm natural and burley light w/o bite but mixed with a touch of cohiba. This one, with age, will be a winner.
Sorry no update for the A. Perique just mixed. 2 more weeks extraction time for the back down south tobacco.
Only problems I've ran into extracting tobacco flavor is having to buy extra 120ml bottles and more RTAs. I use 2 120ml bottles for each extract (ageing/steep) and need 1 RTA for same flavor mix.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
In a somewhat extraordinary and unexpected development Scott Gottlieb, the newly appointed head of FDA, has announced that the submission deadline for PMTAs is to be delayed until 2022.
This is a de-facto endorsement of the vaping industry and heads off the cataclysmic demise that was set in motion by the previous administration. :rickroll::toast:

A temporary reprieve, but one that will allow many current smokers the opportunity to discover vaping the way I (we) did. State governments are now the greatest short term threat but I suspect $$$ (taxes) will be what most of them seek to obtain. Taxes won't close the door, just makes it more expensive to open. Face-2-Face purchase requirements and/or limitations on nic strength/flavors are a different story but I don't believe many states will choose to journey down those paths.

In addition to vaping, I believe pipe tobacco and cigars are also spared (temporarily) which is good news for home extractors. Also means NET retailers should be around for a few more years granting those who love it (but don't want to make it themselves) more time to enjoy the true tobacco flavor only NET offers.

If you read the comments made by Scott Gottlieb when he announced this reprieve, it becomes obvious he understands that vaping is -far less- harmful than smoking. Hopefully by 2022 the government will come to it's senses and abandon its corrupt/misguided war against the best smoking cessation method available.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Str8vision,
I (as others) would like to see a list of tobaccos that have been extracted and have passed the "best flavor extraction" placed on this thread say every 25 pages. On every 25 (or more your choice ur op) each of us can list their best tobaccos making them much easier to find and help with future picks/purchases. Page 75 is coming up!
This is just a thought. If a problem with or too much work ect. I totally understand. I had to ask, sorry.

Brad P

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
S.F. bay area, Californa
Str8vision,
I (as others) would like to see a list of tobaccos that have been extracted and have passed the "best flavor extraction" placed on this thread say every 25 pages. On every 25 (or more your choice ur op) each of us can list their best tobaccos making them much easier to find and help with future picks/purchases. Page 75 is coming up!
This is just a thought. If a problem with or too much work ect. I totally understand. I had to ask, sorry.

I agree! There is some really great information in this whole forum, but it can be really difficult and/or time consuming to go through everything to try to RE-FIND some of the little "gems of knowledge" or recommendations that I have found along the way. I'm not sure if there is an easy solution. What I would really like is to be able to highlight the things that I know I will want to go back and refer to later, and when I log onto the site, my computer remembers what I highlighted. Is there any way to bookmark specific posts within the forum?
Anyway, lots of great stuff... thanks to all

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I've discovered one for the "list"... Daughters & Ryan ~ Ramback Balkan.

It has just surpassed my most of my "Turkish style" NETs thus far to date; very nice and complex ADV for me.
-------
Ramback Balkan

Oriental
Turkish
Virginia
(Non-Aromatic)

Ramback tobaccos are highlighted by the use of hearty and fragrant Turkish leaf, expertly blended for balance and richness. Try the exotic flavor of these hard-to-find tobaccos and see why Ramback is so popular. Ramback Balkan is a mixture of Balkan Oriental and Balkan Virginia leaves, with Yenidje and Basma tobaccos added for a tangy, spicy note.
------
This was a heat assisted PG solvent NET extraction. I highly recommend this tobacco to those looking for a NET with great character.

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
I posted this back in February, hopefully it may help you guys. It's a long list but all of these got favourable mentions in the thread...
Hey guys, after dipping in and out over the last few weeks I've finally finished reading through this entire thread and tried to note down just about every tobacco that got a favourable mention. I'm sure there are some I've missed (or misquoted) but I hope you don't mind me posting the list as I'm thinking it might help others on here if they want a quick overview:

American Patriot (Missouri Meerschaum)
American Spirit Perique ( This surprised the hell out of me. Truly exceptional. )
American Spirit pouch tobacco.
Ashton Artisan
basma leafs from ebay
CAO Eileen's Dream
CAO Moontrance
Cornell & Diehl "Bayou Night"
Cornell & Diehl "Billy Bud"
Cornell & Diehl "Mississippi Mud"
Cornell & Diehl "Old Joe Krantz"
Cornell & Diehl "Orion's Arrow"
Cornell & Diehl "Sunset Harbor Flake" -(moderate flavor, requires aging)
Cornell & Diehl "Super Balkan"
Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening
Cornell & Diehl Habana Daydream #420
Cornell & Diehl Izmir Turkish
Cornell & Diehl Pennington Gap
Cornell & Diehl: Haunted Bookshop
Daughters & Ryan "Picayune"
Davidoff Flake Medallions
Diesel Delirium
Dominican Glory Maduro
Drew Estate Acid Cold Infusion
Drew Estates "Acid Blondie" (for it's spicy cigar taste)
Drew Estates 7th Avenue Blonde
Drew Estates ACID "Opulence 3"
Dunhill "Elizabethan Mixture" -(moderate to robust, grassy hay-like note)
Dunhill "Nightcap"
Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
Dunhill Flake
Dunhill Standard Mixture
Erin Go Bragh - Irish Whiskey
Frog Morton on the Bayou
Gawith & Hoggarth - Brown Flake *unscented (virginia, malawi burley)
Gawith and Hoggarth "Brown Irish X unsliced" -(robust but not very complex)
Gawith Hoggarth's 'Kentucky Nougat' (Black Cav./Gold Virg. wiv toffee/cocoa toppings) Really nice aromatic.
GL Pease "Cumberland" -(moderate to robust, requires aging)
GL Pease JackKnife
Havana (w/leaf)
Hearth & Home Signature "Virginia Spice" -(a little grassy with cigar and vanilla notes)
Hearth and Home "Louisiana Red" (Virginia & Perique)
HPCS Trout Stream - sweet and mild. Cavendish Blend with Butterscotch top note. I am really enjoying this one.
Lane 1-Q
Mac Baren - Vanilla Cream
Mac Baren 'Old Dark Fired'
Man O'War Phalanx
McClelland Old Dog
Milan Tobacconists "Centenary"
Milan Tobacconists "French Vanilla"
Muwat KFC
Orlik Golden Sliced
Peter Stokkebye - English Oriental
Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Navy Flake - (virginia, perique)
Peter Stokkebye - Sweet Vanilla
Peter Stokkebye 84 Turkish - more Virginia than Oriental, still smooth tobacco flavor.
PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake
Rattray's - Red Rapparee (virginia, oriental, black cav and latakia)
Rattray's 'Dark Fragrant' (Black Cav./Perique)
Red Virg. (w/leaf)
Rocky Patel "2008 Autumn Reserve"
Rocky Patel "Vintage '90" cigar -(Light to Moderate flavor, best cigar I've found so far)
Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake
Samuel Gawith Brown Rope No. 4 Rum
Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
Samuel Gawith Navy Flake
Scotty's Bulk Blends ; Honey & Chocolate
Seattle Pipe Club "Mississippi River" (compliments to boomerdude)
semi oriental from leafonly
Smooth Virg./Aged Burley mix (from wholeleaf)
Smyrna
SPC Mississippi River
St. James Flake Pipe Tobacco
Standard Tob. Bengal Slices
Sutliff "Voodoo Queen" -(moderate flavor, requires significant aging)
Sutliff Chocolate Mousse
Sutliff Private stock "Charlemagne"
Sutliff Private Stock "Molto Dolce" -(aromatic flavored tobacco, best enjoyed fresh, changes with age)
Sutliff's "Charlemagne"
The Smoker "St. James" (difficult to obtain)
Titiana "Vanilla" cigar
Tsuge "Ryujin" (for it's heavy Latakia and Arcadian Black flavors)
Two Friends Valle
yenidje from leafonly

I hope the list helps but let me know if you think this post is excessive and I'll happily delete it...

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
I did a quick search for that last night but couldn't find it. Thanks!
No problem! I'm more than happy for you or anyone else to add tobaccos or comments and repost it at any point... I'm sure there have been some great discoveries in the 6 months since it was put together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread