Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hey people, I'm sick of buying everything to try already,
I've tried over 100 different flavors from TFA/TPA, FW, TC, IN
Most of them i didn't really like, now i've got more into TFA/TPA and again i like only 1 of 6.

My favorite flavors for daily usage so far is Cinnamon Roll FW, Unicorn Vomit FW, Honeydew TPA, Tutti Fruity FW.

What could you suggest me to try ( TPA ) ?

ps. TPA Bubblegum is horrible.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
The best flavors in regards to what? How they work in mixes? Compared to the same flavors from other makers? Their single flavor potential? I don't use any TFA single flavor. I have found these to be both indispensable in mixing and the best compared to other brands (except where noted). My personal opinions only, YMMV...

VBIC
Vanilla Custard (harsher than CAP, needs breathing time, but equal after steeping)
Cheesecake Graham Crust
Graham Cracker Clear
Bavarian Cream (best of the BC's)
Strawberry Ripe (best combined with other strawberries, INW Shesha and CAP Sweet)
Caramel Original (the best caramel, hands down)
Vanilla Swirl
Absinthe
Peach Juicy
Sweet Cream (= to CAP)
Marshmallow (FA better, but nearly equal)
Ethyl Maltol
AP
Vanillin 10%
Dulce de Leche
Dairy Milk
Brown Sugar Extra
Coconut Extra (rivals FA)
Peppermint
Blueberry Wild and Blueberry Extra (mixed 1/2 and 1/2 when either is called for alone)
Belgian Waffle
RY4 Double (mixed, SC RY4 is far superior single flavor)
Dragon Fruit
Honeydew (small amounts)

TFA's I feel are lacking...
all their tobaccos
their Peanut Butter, way too weak
their vanillas not listed above, (French, French Cream, Bourbon, etc.) INW and FA vanillas are far superior.
their fruits not listed above, too artificial (which might be desirable for some applications).

And I agree, TFA Bubblegum is pretty useless.

Last edited:

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
@JimZet it is the maddening part of DIY. No other way than to buy them and taste them. I have purchased about 175 flavors and like about 25.

TFA's strong suit is the ability to play well with others. They mix well and don't take over the mix, for the most part. Ripe banana being a noted exception.

Bull city is a great place to get an idea of what's good. Sort by brand and then top sellers. It gives you a pretty good idea of what others like.

My only gotta haves from TFA are vanilla swirl, cheesecake graham crust, koolada, AP, and juicy peach.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I use mainly TFA flavorings mixed together in recipes. I make no single flavor eliquids from them. CAP is another company I have some of, but again, I only use them in mixes.

However, if you want some flavorings that you can just use singly at 8-10% (recommended % by most) in your own PG, VG, & nic Base...hands down they're the OSDIY Shop's One Stop Flavors and their One Stop Blends. They're absolutely wonderful! Some of my favorites are Lucky Shot, Baked Cinnamon Roll, Lotta Latte, and Strawberry Milk. Some others I have, but haven't tried yet, that other people say are great are: Sweet Southern Tea, Tennessee Whiskey (owner says it's just like Jack Daniels), Blue Note, RYJ4 (like RY4 Double but creamier), and Olde Tyme Rootbeer.

I love the Lucky Shot, Baked Cinnamon Roll, and Lotta Latte so well that the 4oz. bottles are the smallest sizes I buy now. Some of them you can also combine with others to make a whole different eliquid. Lucky Shot + Lotta Latte in equal amounts makes a wonderful sort of Caramel, Vanilla, Latte. Lucky Shot at 6% + TFA Key Lime at 4% makes a great Key Lime Pie. Baked Cinnamon Roll with a few drops of CAP Blueberry Jam is a nice easy combo, too.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey people, I'm sick of buying everything to try already,
I've tried over 100 different flavors from TFA/TPA, FW, TC, IN
Most of them i didn't really like, now i've got more into TFA/TPA and again i like only 1 of 6.
My favorite flavors for daily usage so far is Cinnamon Roll FW, Unicorn Vomit FW, Honeydew TPA, Tutti Fruity FW.
What could you suggest me to try ( TPA ) ?
ps. TPA Bubblegum is horrible.
Check my list and the only TFA flavors that remotely can be used as a single are some (RY4, Turkish and Black Honey among others) of the tobaccos.
TFA Cinnamon Danish alone or when mixed with Cinn Roll is very good.
CA Sugar Cookies but I like it more in a mix.
CA Chocolate Coconut Almond at BC.
CA Toasted Almond.
If you are on a budget, any of the above is good to me.
Like in cooking, if you like stake, you usually don't eat it without any accompaniment.

Reactions: JimZet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread