Best Vamo Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicafan2633

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
Hey guys

Just ordered a Black Chrome Vamo V2 starter kit and im wondering what tanks you guys recommend using on it. it comes with two ce4 clearos that i probably wont use, and currently i only have a few mini vivi novas that i was using on my ego batteries. any tanks or clearos that stand out to you guys with the vamo?

thanks for the help

pictures always encouraged

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
These matching U-DCT carto tanks look quite nice!

SmokTech-U-DCT-6ML-Tank.jpg

Pictured here on a Bolt
bolt-gun-metal-with-matching-U-DCT-tank-1.jpg

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Hey guys

Just ordered a Black Chrome Vamo V2 starter kit and im wondering what tanks you guys recommend using on it. it comes with two ce4 clearos that i probably wont use, and currently i only have a few mini vivi novas that i was using on my ego batteries. any tanks or clearos that stand out to you guys with the vamo?

thanks for the help

pictures always encouraged

My favorite setup is the Vamo with a Kanger Protank. It looks good and works very well for me, especially when using juices that might eat the plastic tanks as has already been mentioned. My second favorite would be a SmokTech 5ml UDCT. It also looks good and works well with everything else. Here is a pic of my Vamo, in short mode, with the Protank...

spike1964-albums-stuff-picture210025-vamoprottanksml.jpg

Last edited:

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
DISCLAIMER: I mentioned the U-DCT carto tanks in gun metal just for the aesthetics of them matching the gun metal Vamo, not necessarily because of any performance benefit. A carto tank is really only as good as the carto in it anyway...and you'd obviously have to like cartos to begin with I suppose.

metallicafan2633

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
AGA T2 rba , Kanger Pro Tank or an IGO-L rda

No plastics! Plastics= less sanitary and more porous, ruins the purity of the taste

Pyrex/ss , ss, or pyrex/ chrome plated brass

how long do the t2 and the protank last you? theyre a lot more expensive than what i use and ive also never used a carto tank, only a clearo so im not completely sure how to use them

metallicafan2633

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Rochester, NY, USA
My favorite setup is the Vamo with a Kanger Protank. It looks good and works very well for me, especially when using juices that might eat the plastic tanks as has already been mentioned. My second favorite would be a SmokTech 5ml UDCT. It also looks good and works well with everything else. Here is a pic of my Vamo, in short mode, with the Protank...

spike1964-albums-stuff-picture210025-vamoprottanksml.jpg

it does look very nice, thanks for the suggestion. where did you get the sleeve for the vamo, or is that how it came?

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
it does look very nice, thanks for the suggestion. where did you get the sleeve for the vamo, or is that how it came?

It's a black carbon fiber wrap that I found at a place called VinylFTW...for some reason there website seems to be down right now...I was going to buy a skin from either J-wrap or Vapor Skinz but their wraps dont cover the bottom cap or the top section of the Vamo...the pic is of my Vamo in short mode..the extension is also wrapped...

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
I recived my vamo today also, and being couple of days in the same, searching for a ggod setup for my vamo, i got the stainless steel, and try several setups with what i have
Protank , looks good
Mini viv nova black metal, looks good,
EVOD, looks awesome,

So far on what i have the best setup is EVOD at 7.5w best looking and best vape.. The mini vivi nova is to tight draw and protank is to airy so evod are on the spot to me for now,,

I know yours is black crhome so try the black evod that are very cheap and the coils are $1.50 or $6 a 5 pack, Im looking into the future foe a RSST RBA they look awesome on the vamo but i have never rebuild an atomizer so for now my best vape still on evod

ge7yququ.jpg
9equ2a7u.jpg
aza5e7ag.jpg
enena2ab.jpg

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
how long do the t2 and the protank last you? theyre a lot more expensive than what i use and ive also never used a carto tank, only a clearo so im not completely sure how to use them

The AGA-T2 will last indefinitely. It is a rebuildable atomizer (RBA). There is a learning curve for some folks, but it can be very easy to set up if you have steady hands and it's very easy to clean and maintain. By default, it typically comes with SS mesh for the wick which lasts . . . I don't know yet. Mine has been going for nearly a month. There are lots of youtube videos showing how to build a wick & coil for it.

So, flavor/performance aside, in the long run, it ends up being much less expensive than a clearo of any make. Put flavor/performance into the equation and it is much better than clearos, IMHO.

Side note: I haven't tried the Kanger ProVape ProTank, yet.

Last edited:

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico

The protank use the same coils as the EVOD, i have my protank new from 2 days, but my evod are have not seen a new coil yet, my first evod gave some issues but i found was a missing wick i put add a new strip, so far ive being almost 3 weeks with same coils, so protank coils mast be the same, i do want to try the AGA T2 but im a bit afraid untill I read and research some more, for now im very satisfied with my evods, i do have like 7 new coils and looks like they will last untill next year, of courseimgiving proper cleaning every refil,

Protank for $15 is a very good deal, this is were i got mine
http://www.vapors-choice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=403

Replacement Heads
http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-protank-coil-replacement-5-pack-1-8-2-1-ohms/

The protank is a cleromizer, not rebuildable ,, lots of people rebuild the coils but for the price $1 more or less i just screw on a new one. To replace a head just unscrew theheadscrewbackanewo e and done,

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I recived my vamo today also, and being couple of days in the same, searching for a ggod setup for my vamo, i got the stainless steel, and try several setups with what i have
Protank , looks good
Mini viv nova black metal, looks good,
EVOD, looks awesome,

So far on what i have the best setup is EVOD at 7.5w best looking and best vape.. The mini vivi nova is to tight draw and protank is to airy so evod are on the spot to me for now,,

I know yours is black crhome so try the black evod that are very cheap and the coils are $1.50 or $6 a 5 pack, Im looking into the future foe a RSST RBA they look awesome on the vamo but i have never rebuild an atomizer so for now my best vape still on evod

There are ways to tighten up the draw on the Protank. Some have been mentioned on the forum and there are videos on this. I found an easy solution just by looking around. I cut a thin plastic washer out, used a paper punch to make a hole in the center of it, and screwed it on the bottom of my Protank. Works like a charm and covers a large portion of the bottom where there are 2 channels cut for airflow....and it keeps me from overtightening. Also, the EVOD coils fit the Protank but are shorter. It's been reported that using the EVOD coil with the Protank solved the airy draw issue pretty well for some people. Since you have the EVOD and some coils available, you might want to test it for yourself...

I am having the same issue with the Vivi Nova...a very hard draw. Too hard....I tested on an empty one and can draw on it real easy when it's not mounted, but as soon as I screw it on, it almost plugs shut...doesnt matter if I back it off a few turns either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread