Best vape to get off cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaggySparx

Sep 10, 2015
I'm sure it's been asked millions of times, but i couldn't find anything for my problem really, and nothing recent. I started vaping 5 years ago with a V2 pen vape, from there i went to Nautilus, then Aspire. I stopped smoking for 4 months with each of these. I only started back up again because i started noticing the MTL is completely different than regular cigs. I find myself hitting the vape longer, my jaw starts hurting and by the time I inhale, the hit is harsh and i cough it all up with barely any cloud.

I switched over to sub ohm, thinking a bigger hit/cloud, would help. Started with Kanger Subohm, went to TFv4, and Crown II. I didn't even quit cigs for a week with either, though i do love sub ohm vaping mostly for the flavor...and yes for the clouds too :p

i know it's all a matter of opinions and people have different tastes. But I've already spent close to $400 on different tanks, mods and accessories and haven't found the one best for me, so i need some ideas. With both the MTL vape and subohm vapes, they seem to loose their flavor to me after a day or two with the same juice in the tank, sometimes it even makes me gag.

WHat in your oppinion is the best MTL vape, with the most realistic "pull" you can get from a cigarette, But also has good flavor and cloud production? I'd really like to get off these poisonous cancer sticks once and for all, but haven't been able to find the perfect vape yet...

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If it's really a question of draw there are some decent options out there. But even with that, it's not going to totally mimic the act or taste of smoking. Tanks like a KF3 mini are big favorites among mtl users, but does mean building your own coils and wicking them. There may be others who will pipe up with their experiences with other mtl factory coil setups that work like a subtank mini.

The other possibility is if this is all about stopping smoking and mimicking that as much as possible, you may want to look at some of the newer pod mods released. There are several that let you fill the pods with your own juice, and give a tight draw. There are also decent ones that will activate on inhales, really reproducing that feel of a cigarette as well rather than press a button. they're also handy as out and about devices. The quality is far higher than any of the old cigalikes on the market.

Last edited:

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
What mg nicotine are you using? If you're using a lower mg nicotine I would try raising it up. I subohm with the crown and 24mg's of nicotine and get a satisfying hit. I do shorter hits much like a cigarette and blow a pretty good cloud. With the higher nicotine it really gives me a satisfying experience.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I quit cigs with kanger mini protank 3's (genitanks & aerotanks are pretty much the same so I would recommend those) and some high capacity ego batteries. I can draw as hard as I want on those tanks without coughing.

I vape flavorless liquids now, but the liquid I finally quit with was very near flavorless.

E-Base™ REFILL 120mL - Ready-to-Flavor E-Liquid
$9.92 Authentic GeniTank Mini Bottom Dual Coil Clearomizer - 1.3ml / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$9.39 Authentic GeniTank Bottom Dual Coil BDC Clearomizer - 2.4ml / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$7.14 GS eGo II 2200mAh Rechargeable E-Cigarette Battery - silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You will not get *exceptional* clouds or flavor from these devices but it should be acceptable (it is to me). These tanks don't leak or spit - which is very important to me. These items are so cheap, you can buy multiples which was a very important aspect of quitting cigs for me. I would go out and buy cigs every time I was out and forgot to bring vape gear with me or I didn't have any charged batteries or I ran out of fluid

ShaggySparx

Sep 10, 2015
What mg nicotine are you using? If you're using a lower mg nicotine I would try raising it up. I subohm with the crown and 24mg's of nicotine and get a satisfying hit. I do shorter hits much like a cigarette and blow a pretty good cloud. With the higher nicotine it really gives me a satisfying experience.

I can't go above 12Mg without coughing my lungs out with MTL vapes, and can't go above 6 with sub ohm, Which i do find strange since i smoke 2 packs of smokes a day :p

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
I understand you SO well!
I was looking out there for "the pull" for about 2 months.
I started with the eGo ONE + 12mg/ml juice and that was OK. It could keep the cigs away from me at least.
I started looking for something better and found the Ultimo. I thought, that I found the right one. It's a really good tank/atomizer and not leaking (this is my another requirement - that a tank just MUST NOT).
Then one of my colleagues came with a Kayfun v5 clone and gave me a try.
Maaan ... that was "the pull", I've been looking for.
Now, I have the genuine Kayfun v5 and v3 (+ 2 clones of each) and these are my workhorses while I'm tasting different flavors and finding the right % of nicotine.
My favorite setup now is Kayfun v5, 0.5ohm, ø0.4 SS 316 with 70/30 VG/PG Inawera brandy juice, 8-9mg/ml.

Last edited:

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I would have to say a pod mod like a Juul or a MyJet. While replicating the draw and hand-feel of cigarettes is the ideal form of nicotine replacement for a new vaper looking to eliminate the crutch of cigarettes, the most important part of quitting falls on you: if you do not WANT to quit, you're never going to. I quit with the help of cigalikes...while stating I threw so much money away on those disposables sounds flippant and haughty, it will never outweigh the cost of possibly failing health (I wish I knew more about mods 5+ years ago...and I really wish there were Juul's back then) Best of luck to you. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I would have to say a pod mod like a Juul or a MyJet. While replicating the draw and hand-feel of cigarettes is the ideal form of nicotine replacement for a new vaper looking to eliminate the crutch of cigarettes, the most important part of quitting falls on you: if you do not WANT to quit, you're never going to. I quit with the help of cigalikes...while stating I threw so much money away on those disposables sounds flippant and haughty, it will never outweigh the cost of possibly failing health (I wish I knew more about mods 5+ years ago...and I really wish there were Juul's back then) Best of luck to you. :)

It was a crappy cigalike from the convenience store that got me to stop. It's been vaping that makes it enjoyable. I do wonder if I would have ever gotten into vaping in the first place if it hadn't been for those 6 months of Vuse to keep me off the smokes.

Reactions: mongo74

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I used the Cig-A-Likes to attempt to quit but had to go Cold Turkey because Dual Use did not work for me. Refilled the cartridges for a while before I went to the iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini.

I was never dual use. I started on Vuse because I was traveling and tired of going down to the lobby to step out for a smoke. I intended to only use it for the trip. After the first day I realized I didn't feel like having a cigarette and stuck with Vuse. Vuse is also a 48 mg nic, so I'm sure that help a lot in keeping me from wanting a smoke.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I agree with BoilerGuy - try an unflavored WTA from Aroma.

I use it at 36mg in a MyJet and it is the closest vaping experience I have found to smoking. It gives a nice throat hit without making me cough - unlike some high nic juice with nicotine salts. It's pricier than standard e-liquid, but worth a try.

Unflavored WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid 50/50 PG/VG 24 or 36 MG

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
IMO the lower the ohms of your coil the more technique needed to vape without coughing. I started out with 1.8-2.5 ohm coils in clearos and quit ciggys instantly then just progressed over time to lower ohm coils and better delivery systems. I actually feel a bit sorry for those who get a super high power hitter and ultra low ohm coils, try to quit smoking and wonder whats wrong. Kayfuns are great MTL attys is your willing to rebuild past that stick to 1.5-1.8 ohm medium power systems that get you off the cigs then expand your horizons after you quit the cigs.
Like stated before..you got to want to quit smoking cigs to succeed in vaping, dual usage is just a BS excuse not to want to quit smoking and use vaping as a crutch to continue smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread